Audio Suggest a Budget Amp + speakers

Here you go!! Sorry for the grainy pics, my mobile is all I have to take pics.

http://***.bigdisk.co.uk/164364

Replace the *** with www.

Check out the file comments for more info, a few tehnical tidbits. Let's not derail gmano's thread pls, PM me for more discussion on the setup if you want.

Sorry guys, for sme reason it took my answer to the question and used that as a password. Pls try No password or No Password. Maybe even no password will work.

I also have a C521i. And a Delta66.

I find the E-mu to be head and shoulders above it. The DAC is a CS4398, and the card is professional grade. I've spent a lot of time in studios and demo rooms and the players that (I have heard) can beat it are Wilson Audio separates (Transport and DAC separated, cost >1 lakh) and a Lynn player that cost about 2.5 lakh. Not the C521i, the 541i, or the Cambridge Azur C540. I haven't mnaged to audition more players than those, but I think the E-mu does just fine.

I probably used the wrong term - it's a studio audio interface, not a sound card. It has two analog I/O, the rest of the ins and out are served over AES/BU and ADAT. It's not really comparable to a 'sound card' in the way we know it.

Not that it can't be improved upon. The Lynx Two has better analog circuitry, and is yours for only about US$999. The card that comes very close to it, and for a bit cheaper, is the Juli@, but the analog section is a toss-up. A good DAC with the Juli@ puts it in a class above the 1212M, but then I'd rather go for the Lynx.

IOW, yes, I think I'm happy, and I think the next level of performance is significantly more expensive than what I bought.

No. Someone brought it fm SGP for me :)

FYI the card is now replaced with the 1212m PCI, which doesn't have the Firewire port and has a new controller. The audio performance is also marginally improved.

After a few months I am replacing the output section and voltage regulation (the card has its own PS regulator).

I am waiting for my speakers to arrive. (Wharfedale Diamond 9.1). Amp I am thining of getting a Pulz amp, I want to pare it and see when my speakers arrive.

gmano said:
I am waiting for my speakers to arrive. (Wharfedale Diamond 9.1). Amp I am thining of getting a Pulz amp, I want to pare it and see when my speakers arrive.

did they give any eta on the speakers.. i got sick of waiting hehe

I got the speakers today, price Rs. 12,000.
Bought Pulz amp, Price Rs. 6,600.
Amp is good. speakers rock. They are worth the money and worth waiting.

@bottle congrats on your purchase.

Thanks everyone for helping me to buy these.

sunilyo said:
where can I look for a pulz / norge amp in Delhi ????

Norge you can get directly from Mr. Bajaj (owner of the Norge), Mumbai. 2060 model is Rs. 7,200. he has increased the price now, but tell him that he has quated only 7,200 to Mano from chennai. He will ship it to you free of cost.

Back