Suggest me some GPRS plans

udayrulz said:
With Airtel I got an speed of around 100 - 120 Kbps .
Which plan? The Rs 99 Mobile Office? Location is Noida? This is almost 12-15 kilobytes per second which I never got in Bangalore Airtel Mobile Office. You were lucky.

For some reason i am getting really good speeds on my airtel GPRS/EDGE at my home here which was not the case some time back. May be they have placed additional tower near my home. :)

Praks said:
Is it true that Vodaphone Live has slow speed compare to Vodaphone mobile connect ?

Usage will be strictly on Mobile phone browser ?
I think so, I've noticed it many times. When browsing through VMC the page loads are much faster. :)

raksrules said:
For some reason i am getting really good speeds on my airtel GPRS/EDGE at my home here which was not the case some time back. May be they have placed additional tower near my home. :)
"good" meaning?

btw in Blore, 98PM/2GB plan is available now in postpaid as well.

varkey said:
I think so, I've noticed it many times. When browsing through VMC the page loads are much faster. :)
Yeah, have used it Vodaphone mobile connect on computer, Speed is really good.

Used Vodafone live just on mobile to check email ,takes ages just to refresh the page :(

Here in Mumbai, the Airtel MO EDGE speeds are great.

Now that 2GB plan is available for postpaid users as well, it has made life much easier.

Here is the speed test result.

I ditched Airtel MO just for trying Docomo inspired by some of members here who posted here in this thread. I must say docomo customer care really took care to solve out every issue and help me subscribing to 48/- plan. But speeds are good for mobile optimised sites. I mean if i open any mobile mobile site on my cell it opens really fast but really horrible on pc, where airtel was much faster. Airtel was much better in that sense. And the main problem....it keeps disconnecting now and then and sometimes it doesn't even connect. :(

Will revert back to Airtel MO again from next month if this disconnecting and no connection problem doesn't get solved. Though in middle I'll like to try Aircel once. :)

buBleZ said:
"good" meaning?

btw in Blore, 98PM/2GB plan is available now in postpaid as well.
Good means i get constant speeds of more than 100 kbps and it does touch more than 200 many a times. Actually few months back the speeds at my home here in Pune were pathetic, even i had experienced lots of dropped calls. But now all these issues have been solved.

Initially i used to struggle using internet on my handset too using opera mini but now surfing on laptop with phone as modem is a breeze and speeds are decent.

Well...my views about docomo was wrong. Speeds are better than airtel. Cant comment on service right now. As i've to check it few more days. Probably I'll post my overall experience and views about docomo after using it completely for 1month.

After using Docomo for 1 month I again revert back to Airtel MO. Speeds of Docomo is good but the problem is tower. Connectivity was also a issue...Docomo refuses to connect much of time. 48/- was a waste for me on previous month. I'm happy with my old good Airtel MO :)

^^ How much did the docomo SIM cost and with 48 rupees what is the plan ? 2GB ?

Actually i am looking to get an additional sim so was thinking of docomo because of better GPRS speeds.

I don't remember how much the SIM costs. As I bought it on 2009. Yes.....you'll get 2GB for 30days for Rs. 48/- and 6GB for 30days for Rs. 98/-

Ya docomo speeds are good. But the problem in my area is tower. And one more problem is many times it refuses to connect, I think that's because of tower.

So you can go for Docomo if you have better connectivity on your place. :)

Guys if one get Airtel 98 plan (with 2 GB download ) , if I connect to PC , I can only surf ? . Cannot download anything else ?. What does this only surf mean ? .

I will not be able to connect the yahoo or gtalk messenger on desktop ?

nfsnfs said:
Guys if one get Airtel 98 plan (with 2 GB download ) , if I connect to PC , I can only surf ? . Cannot download anything else ?. What does this only surf mean ? .

I will not be able to connect the yahoo or gtalk messenger on desktop ?
Airtel Rs 98/2GB is mobile office / full internet plan. You can connect to PC and use to surf, download, torrent , messenger etc etc, can do everything upto 2GB data consumption.

Back