The Darkness II - Discussion Thread

The graphics have a touch of cell shaded-ness to them.

Overall a pretty decent game! But I expected the Demo to be slightly longer given the size. :/

It was over in like half hour.

So did anyone try out the PC demo? How is the performace, particularly on medium-end hardware?

Runs just fine on my ancient pc(avg 20fps). I played on 1920x1080 reso. with medium settings.

My system: Intel p4 3ghz(
<
)

xfx 9600gt 512mb

1.5 gb ddr2 ram

Runs just fine on my ancient pc(avg 20fps). I played on 1920x1080 reso. with medium settings.

My system: Intel p4 3ghz(
<
)

xfx 9600gt 512mb

1.5 gb ddr2 ram

Good! So I could probably consider getting the PC version, if it isn't capped at 30fps.
<

Wow seems like the game is highly optimized , might try on PC unless 360 version is delayed

Hehe especially since a new game have come after 2 months.Are there any alternatives to get the demo apart from steam ? Direct Downloads Links ? [no torrent please]

#Ethan_Hunt

Have you decided how are you going to fetch the releases coming forward ?

I'm hoping tonight in the Dark the Darkness will arrive I have put Rage on hold till the time.

8.1 - not bad! Honestly I was expecting a 9'ish going by the videos and previews. Nonetheless looks like a sequel worthy of the original title.

Wonder which full length movies do they intend to showcase this time.
<

Just completed the game and it was ZOMFG brilliant. Much better than the first one, fast paced, good story, fantastic voice acting and believable characters. The whole comic book feel it received from the cel-shaded look was flawless. Digital Extremes continued the storyline perfectly, Heck, it even reflected on Jackie's earlier days in those snippet cut-scenes where Jackie talks about his past and Jenny. The gameplay was raw and brutal. They left no stones unturned in terms of depicting gore. You'll have some excellent level designs and art-work being pulled off in this game. For those who haven't played the first game, the game will provide an option to re-cap the events (narrated by Johnny Powell), however, it's not close to the experience of playing the whole game.

Closing comments on the ending (MAJOR SPOILERS):

I chose the ending where I decided to ditch the Asylum and rescue Jenny's "soul" from the Darkness. I could see the twist of The Angelus coming from a mile away and it did exactly that after the end credits. What I didn't predict however, is how the Angelus decides to confront Jackie. She seemed rather b**chy in terms of her attitude and I'm not sure why it came as a shock to Jackie that her body was chosen as the host. Powell had explained to him how the Siphon worked and who had created it and about Angelus. But it was a kick-ass ending nevertheless.

Pray we see Darkness III, I'm pretty confident about it. A good start for the new year.
<

Wow now that was FAST coming from you!
<

Was the gameplay time short? Or did you start this sometime back?

It was pretty short, but highly engaging. Installed it this afternoon and was done with it by evening, in 2 sessions. The game just pulled me in. It's been a long time since any game has done that, reminded me of my Kane & Lynch session.

So it was indeed short. What was the gameplay time roughly? 6 hours tops? Oh yeah Kane & Lych 2 was short indeed. I recall complelting it overnight.

7 hours and I was referring to Kane & Lynch: Dead Men. I had completed that game in one sitting.
<

BTW, here's a fun fact. The voice actor for Jackie Estacado in this game is Brian Bloom, who has voiced Kane in Kane & Lynch series. In Darkness 2, Jenny is Jackie's love interest, while in Kane & Lynch, Jenny is the name of Kane's daughter. No wonder his voice sounded so familiar to me in this game. Great voice actor, I'd say.

Back