The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mjumrani said:
Yup.

My friend was going to get it from there but it was still on waiting on the day he left.

iPhone 4 is still available at the carrier stores but not at apple stores for this reason
Ah ok! Thanks for the clarifications!

thanks mjumrani & superfrag
i'll post back with those details..
so if it still in OS 4.0 i can unlock it right.?? if it's 4.1 i can't have it unlocked eh..?
& i have an iphone 2G on 3.1.2 8 Gig. How much do u think it'll go for? it's the silver one, & got scratches on the sides.. & one speaker is kaput. any ideas..?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@gaurish: it's bought from the carrier store and is locked. also it's on 4.0.2. so can that be unlocked and used in india. i'm using a vodafone, guess that really doesn't matter once it's unlocked!

varunkunnath said:
thanks mjumrani & superfrag

i'll post back with those details..

so if it still in OS 4.0 i can unlock it right.?? if it's 4.1 i can't have it unlocked eh..?

& i have an iphone 2G on 3.1.2 8 Gig. How much do u think it'll go for? it's the silver one, & got scratches on the sides.. & one speaker is kaput. any ideas..?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@gaurish: it's bought from the carrier store and is locked. also it's on 4.0.2. so can that be unlocked and used in india. i'm using a vodafone, guess that really doesn't matter once it's unlocked!
4.0.2 is not unlockable at the moment. There won't be an unlock / jailbreak for it either.

But 4.1 is due and the dev-team will mostly release something for it. Userland or otherwise. So, yes, you should be *Ok* in a few days. But not sure, how many !

About that iPhone 2g. Anything around 10k should be super. Maybe less depending on the condition.

@varunkunnath the phone might go for somewhere around 8k. 4.0 and 4.0.1 can be unlocked.
Why not pay a few more pounds and get it unlocked from the carrier?

@Rahul which one did you order?

varunkunnath said:
]@gaurish: it's bought from the carrier store and is locked. also it's on 4.0.2. so can that be unlocked and used in india. i'm using a vodafone, guess that really doesn't matter once it's unlocked!

As others said, 4.0.2 can't be unlocked, so this phone NOT useful for you.My suggestion, Try to stay away from it

Guys i need ur help

I sold my Iphone 2g 16b to Neville and now he is complaining that when he gets a call or he makes any outgoing calls he gets a very low sound from handset..

If the earphone is plugged in he does not face any issues

Only through handset he faces this issue.

OS is 3.1.3 and i found a software called Volume boost..

Will that help increasing the handset volume as well?

mjumrani said:
The red one? That would stand out quite well
Received it today, quality is pretty good and comes with lot of useful accessories.

Pat said:
Take backup of the /var/Mobile/Library/SMS folder on your iPhone and you should be good!

is it in readable format ? i mean can i open the sms on the computer ?

^^There are softwares available which would allow the SMS db to be opened in a readable format!

Just popping in here. Got my first smart phone (iPhone) a couple of days ago. :D

Am 'whatsinaname' on Game Center, if anyone else is using it.

Got myself a iPhone 3G 8GB runnign iOs 3.1.2 and I immediately felt that it wasn't as smooth as my old iPhone 2G on ios 2.2.x so I googled a bit and then disabled spotlight search and Eureka the phone seems to be on steroids ..literally !
Apps open / close faster, battery life has improved marginally, but that little bit makes a different during those dying moments.

2G/ 3G even 3GS/ 4 owners I recommend turning off spotlight search if you don't use it that much ( I never felt the need for it).
If you are running iOs 3.1.2
Go to Settings - General - Home - Search Results (disable everything, I couldn'tdisable all had to keep one enabled so I kept audiobooks enabled since I don't have any installed).

Hope this benefits those who weren't aware of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back