The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the stocks scenario of iPhone 4 in SG/HK remain same for eternity or can I expect it to be in ready stock in Apple stores across Singapore/HongKong by the end of November/Start of December ?

FaH33m said:
Is the stocks scenario of iPhone 4 in SG/HK remain same for eternity or can I expect it to be in ready stock in Apple stores across Singapore/HongKong by the end of November/Start of December ?
Consider 4 weeks minimum right now and expect it to go up as December approaches.

My friend went to a Apple Canada Store the other day at 9am expecting to walk right in a little early and get an iPhone4 for me.

The stores open at 10am.

Each store as of now is getting 25 units daily and per person 2 units are allowed.

The first guy in the line was waiting since 4am and asked for $100 extra to buy one extra for my friend.

3 months down and the scene is still bad. That's Apple with it's Antennagate for you :)

And no issues whatsoever with the Antenna in India. Absolutely zinch.

iPhone lovers go get that iPhone4 It's the best till date :)

^ Yeah I know . Tried 2 iPhone 4 in last 1 month and already in love with it .The antenna problem was actually noticeable to some extent if your network is already weak .I could notice it on Airtel in Mumbai . With Vodafone the bars wont come down no matter what I try.

Only thing is anything more 28-30k for it isn't justified IMO hence cant buy it for 35-38k over here.Will have to wait till someone comes down from SGP.

Am contemplating getting one over my nexus One, but the 3.5 inch screen is what makes me nervous- feels like i am downgrading for the brand name.

I used the word specifically coz I had used an iphone 2g and 3GS before going the Nexus way, and felt it was a humongous upgrade w.r.t the phone as a whole,mainly contributed by the Android's open feel.I was using the iOS jailbroken, still really felt a breath of fresh air with Android.Now that its been with me for 6 months, would like to check out a better fone ,unfortunately, i can't find one reasonable enough other than the iPhone 4, but the 'relatively' smaller screen size is bugging me and made me use the 'downgrade' term.

Yesterday, I got soaked in rain. My iPhone was in my pocket (though it did not get wet)
But at midnight i noticed that the phone was off. Checked the phone for wetness, moisture; nothing! So i tried to turn it on..
No response. I tried charging it (both from USB and directly) but no response...

P.S: Tried resetting too; but nothing works

Please HELP!!!

- Ams

Hi Guys..Need your help urgently.

I have Iphone 3gs

OS version was 4.0.1 and today i tried deleting cydia applications and rebooted my Iphone and than it got stuck on Apple logo. I tried hard reset but no go.

I went to the recovery mode and restored it back to factory settings but now it has got OS 4.1..Its a UK peice and its was locked by AT&T and hence i was not able to do anything. I directly get an error. SIM card not installed

I dont get the menu screen as well.

Can someone please help me..I want downgrade it back to OS 4.0.1 since 4.1 cannot be unlocked or jailbraked and anyways it does not support 3gs.

Please help me...

I have tried using sn0wbreeze and while restoring i get error 1604.

Please someone let me know what needs to be done.

The 4.1 jailbreak is just a few days away. If you can manage without an iPhone for under a week you need not bother yourself right now.

EDIT: Limera1n is available now, but is in beta. You can try it at your own risk.

rocky_pratik said:
Hi Guys..Need your help urgently.

I have Iphone 3gs

OS version was 4.0.1 and today i tried deleting cydia applications and rebooted my Iphone and than it got stuck on Apple logo. I tried hard reset but no go.

I went to the recovery mode and restored it back to factory settings but now it has got OS 4.1..Its a UK peice and its was locked by AT&T and hence i was not able to do anything. I directly get an error. SIM card not installed

I dont get the menu screen as well.

Can someone please help me..I want downgrade it back to OS 4.0.1 since 4.1 cannot be unlocked or jailbraked and anyways it does not support 3gs.

Please help me...

I have tried using sn0wbreeze and while restoring i get error 1604.

Please someone let me know what needs to be done.
SHSH blobs for any earlier version saved ?

^^^ Not saved..

BTW update on my issue

I restored it back to 4.1 using Itunes

Used LimeRa1n and jailbreaked it.

Installed Cydia and than installed Ultrasn0w 1.1.1 and rebooted the device.

After rebooting i am getting an error when i try to open Carrier- Unable to load network list

Please help me guys

i tried reinstalling Ultrasn0w but still the same

Issue- After i restored my Iphone to OS 4.1 my baseline version now is 5.14.2 and i checked and there is no unlock for Baseline 5.14.2

Please Pat can you tell me when Unlock for 5.14.2 will be out?

^^Man! That's sad! Unlock for newer baseband is nowhere near in the sights! You should have never updated to stock 4.1!

Instructions said: DO NOT USE LIMERA1N IF YOU USE THE ULTRASN0W CARRIER UNLOCK — wait for PwnageTool to incorporate the limera1n exploit. This is so that you can avoid updating your baseband and losing the unlock (possibly forever).

Really unfortunate but I guess your iPhone's just an iPod Touch for few months atleast!! Or you can try hardware sim-unlock methods (not sure if they work with newer firmwares though)

^The JB is out. The unlock should be close by I hope.

Could anyone check installous on their JB iphone and tell me if its showing API unavailable?

If not then what is this error?

Not before 4.2 launch in November for sure!! What's coming soon is a new jailbreak tool for people to upgrade to 4.1 without updating their baseband (i.e. without losing the ability to unlock using ultrasn0w on 4.1)

Pat said:
Not before 4.2 launch in November for sure!! What's coming soon is a new jailbreak tool for people to upgrade to 4.1 without updating their baseband (i.e. without losing the ability to unlock using ultrasn0w on 4.1)

Which tool? And when?

GreenP0ison for jailbreaking coming soon and later on (ETA not announced but should be soon enough), Pwnage-Tool for allowing upgrades to 4.1 without updating baseband + jailbreaking + hacktivation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back