The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any iPhone user on idea cellular? I need to configure GPRS, I've pulled my hair till I am half bald but could not get it to work.

Styx said:
^^No. AFAIK, there is no way to downgrade the baseband whether you have SHSH blobs saved or not.

If we have SHSH blocks saved then it is possible to downgrade it..

But the issue is i dont have SHSH blocks saved. So i am f''''''''''

sarang said:
Any iPhone user on idea cellular? I need to configure GPRS, I've pulled my hair till I am half bald but could not get it to work.

Use "internet" without quotes as apn. No need to mention any other details.

Which version of iOS is currently installed ? There are hacks around which enable the Cellular Data option for various firmwares.

Vodafone -mumbai offers 60MB per day internet for 99 RS/month. But a friend who recently got an iPhone 4 couldn't make it work on his phone.When inquired about it at Vodafone they asked him to buy another very expensive plan worth 299 or something .:\ Is their any way he can make the 60mb per day plan work on his iPhone ? What are the steps for the same ?

Also will only Safari browser work or will all the other applications like messengers,cydia etc also be able access internet ?

If nothing works out he plans to switch to a completely new provider which will let him have full internet access of ~50 mb per day or 1-2gb / month for a reasonable price. Any service prodiver which offers the same in Mumbai ?

Try Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone to change your APN

To use the service just visit Unlockit - APN Changer for your iPhone from your iPhone/iPad and follow the instructions on screen.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

FaH33m said:
Vodafone -mumbai offers 60MB per day internet for 99 RS/month. But a friend who recently got an iPhone 4 couldn't make it work on his phone.When inquired about it at Vodafone they asked him to buy another very expensive plan worth 299 or something .:\ Is their any way he can make the 60mb per day plan work on his iPhone ? What are the steps for the same ?

Also will only Safari browser work or will all the other applications like messengers,cydia etc also be able access internet ?

If nothing works out he plans to switch to a completely new provider which will let him have full internet access of ~50 mb per day or 1-2gb / month for a reasonable price. Any service prodiver which offers the same in Mumbai ?
Does the vodafone connection need a proxy server set up?

Airtel Mumbai prepaid: 98 Rs. / 2 GB (per month)

Idea Mumbai prepaid: 98 Rs. (70 MB per day)

I am currently using Idea though not on prepaid. Speeds are decent.

I am using Idea on my 3GS! As I said, its pretty reliable and the speeds are quite good for an Edge connection (ranges from 10/12 kBps to 25 kBps)

Anyone using Airtel Rs 98 plan on their iPhone, can you post speedtest screenshot? I am getting pathetic speed. Even after heavy usage, my monthly usage doesn't exceed 75mb.

Test Date: 18 October 2010 17:06

Connection Type: Cellular

Server: Mumbai

Download: 157 kbps

Upload: 78 kbps

Ping: 647 ms

External IP: XXXXXXXXXX

Internal IP: XXXXXXXXXXXX

Latitude: 19.1179

Longitude: 72.9133

A detailed image for this result can be found here:

http://www.speedtest.net/iphone/66524376.png

Ookla operates Speedtest.net using a massive global infrastructure to

minimize the impact of Internet congestion and latency. With over a

million tests performed every day across hundreds of servers,

Speedtest.net is the ultimate resource for bandwidth testing and

related information. Visit it on your computer today to find out why.

Sent from my iPhone

Idea Cellular, Mumbai

dharmilstar said:
Anyone using Airtel Rs 98 plan on their iPhone, can you post speedtest screenshot? I am getting pathetic speed. Even after heavy usage, my monthly usage doesn't exceed 75mb.

Wow that sucks! I'm using the same plan on my iPhone 4 and i usually get around .15 to .22 Mbps depending upon the network traffic.

Here's a screenshot i just took:

photo.jpg

You guys have Facetime working on the iPhone 4 ?

Which operators ? Let's make a list of operators it works on.

Will help people going in for new connections with an iPhone 4.

It works for me on Vodafone, Airtel.

Does not work with Tata Docomo. - 'Waiting for Activation' Issue.

@rajshah It doesn't seem to be working for me on airtel, I get the waiting for activation error. Did you by any chance use the mitime hack?

phoenix844884 said:
Dharmil try MTNL 3G. I heard its quite good, once you get it working that is. :p
MTNL 3G is indeed good. Very good for those looking for a new connection. Unfortunately can't use it as I can't change my Airtel no. However, Airtel 3G is starting from 1st week November. Just hoping its affordable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back