The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm.. I'm on 4.0.2 and not really sure whether I should upgrade to 4.1 and give limera1n a shot or wait for greenpois0n.

^^If you are on iPhone 4, you could upgrade to 4.1 using Tiny Umbrella (does not upgrade baseband). If you are on 3GS and need ultrasn0w, you should wait for Pwnage-Tool to come out! Limera1n and Greenpois0n are two separate tools but will be using the same exploit. Essentially, what I am saying is Limera1n == GreenPois0n. I would rather wait for PwnageTool to come out before upgrading my 3GS to 4.1!

@rocky_pratik According to recent tweets by @sharif_hasim (who found the last few crashes in the baseband), he has had initial success with 5.14 and 2.10 !

So, the unlock is definitely possible, but it's not near. Maybe after 4.2.

Pat said:
^^If you are on iPhone 4, you could upgrade to 4.1 using Tiny Umbrella (does not upgrade baseband). If you are on 3GS and need ultrasn0w, you should wait for Pwnage-Tool to come out! Limera1n and Greenpois0n are two separate tools but will be using the same exploit. Essentially, what I am saying is Limera1n == GreenPois0n. I would rather wait for PwnageTool to come out before upgrading my 3GS to 4.1!

Nope I'm on iPhone 4.. Will give Tiny Umbrella a shot.. Also any idea when limera1n for Mac is out?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ Pat - One sec, my phone is factory unlocked, so the upgraded 2.10 baseband won't affect my jailbreak right? So should I upgrade to 4.1 straightaway or still follow the TinyUmbrella route?

^^No worries for factory unlocked iPhones! You can upgrade to stock 4.1 and jailbreak using limera1n when its out on Mac (should be available in a couple of days)

^^ As raj mentioned in few posts back, an exploit has been found for the unlock but a) its still in early stages of development and b) wont be released before 4.2 is out in November.

Limesn0w should be out this month.

Now the question is what to use for the jailbreak.. Greenpois0n or Limera1n? :-/

Update : Decided on greenpois0n.. Phone jailbroken! Works like a charm :)

^^^ Will do that once i get my Iphone unlocked..

Waiting for Dev team or Geohot to release the unlock soon.

rocky_pratik said:
Is it possible to downgrade 5.14.2 baseband?

I dont have SHSH blocks saved.

Please someone help..

Iphone experts..Please help me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back