The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rahul said:
^^ i tried switching if off but coudnt find any difference ..... I have a 3G
I have a 3G 8GB as well. Where exactly is the difference noticeable? :ashamed:

I need your help guys

I have Iphone 3gs 8gb

My friend gave me Asustek Wlan USB adapter which i have created as a Wireless adhoc on my home pc and tried using it as WIFI

Iphone wifi is able to detect the wireless connection and i am connected to it but i cannot surf internet on my Iphone using my wireless connection.

I get ip which starts with 192.168 but still i am not able to connect.. I tried renewing the ip address on my Iphone

Still no go..

As suggested my Dark nemesis i tried Connectify and i was successfully connected to Connectify and also got connected to WIFI from my Iphone but still i am not able to surf Internet on my Iphone.

rocky_pratik said:
I need your help guys

I have Iphone 3gs 8gb

My friend gave me Asustek Wlan USB adapter which i have created as a Wireless adhoc on my home pc and tried using it as WIFI

Iphone wifi is able to detect the wireless connection and i am connected to it but i cannot surf internet on my Iphone using my wireless connection.

I get ip which starts with 192.168 but still i am not able to connect.. I tried renewing the ip address on my Iphone

Still no go..

As suggested my Dark nemesis i tried Connectify and i was successfully connected to Connectify and also got connected to WIFI from my Iphone but still i am not able to surf Internet on my Iphone.
What is the IP address shown in the "Router" and "DNS" fields in the Wifi settings screen ?

Try CCProxy! It makes your machine a proxy server which can be accessed via your wireless adhoc connection! Run and enable CCProxy for HTTP/HTTPS connections on your windows machine, put your machines IP in Proxy Server in Wifi Settings screen on iPhone and you are good to go!

^^^ Ok will try and will let you know.Thanks for your advice Pat.

BTW Pat if i use CCproxy i will need a WLan USB adapter rite?

Please let me know..Sorry for noobish question :p

rocky_pratik said:
^^^ Ok will try and will let you know.Thanks for your advice Pat.

BTW Pat if i use CCproxy i will need a WLan USB adapter rite?

Please let me know..Sorry for noobish question :p

Yup..thats how you will connect your iPhone to your PC! Basically, Wifi Adhoc connection will be setup between PC and iPhone. After that, CCProxy on PC will make your PC a proxy server. You will have to use the proxy server to access internet on iPhone.

Yay! I too finally joined the iPhone gang. Got a sweet deal on an used Factory Unlocked 3GS 32GB white with 4 months warranty left and a free case. Now going to start tweaking it to my needs.

Since its a factory unlocked piece, will jailbreaking it have any effect on the phone functions? Anything I should keep in mind? Any specific apps that are more important/useful/necessary for the iPhone (as compared to the iPod)?

Hey,

My frnds goin to singapore in a couple of days and i wanned to get myself an iphone 4. The sg apple site sells it at sgd 888 (around 30k) but ordering online takes upto 3 weeks. I wanned to know if i could buy it off any store(like i bought my 3gs frm a dealer in sg).

^^Availability is a huge problem! I am not 100% sure but I doubt you would be able to buy it off any Apple Store in SG (I am talking about factory unlocked ones, not the ones with contract)

AFAIK, Apple stores do not have stock. Its only through the website that you can order the factory unlocked pieces. Also you won't get unlocked iPhone 4 at any dealer.

^^ Well, i did get the 3GS from a dealer from SG, back when i visited, so what prevents them from selling iphone 4 (besides the availability issue)? Damn, can believe such a good opportunity would be lost D:

A huge game sale on the App Store. Here's the list (taken from another forum).

$0.99

2K Sports NHL 2K11 [apple.com] ($6.99 -> $0.99)

9 Innings: Pro Baseball 2011 [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $0.99)

Archetype [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Assassin's Creed II [apple.com] ($5.99 -> $0.99)

Baseball Superstars 2010 [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Bookworm [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Civilization Revolution [apple.com] ($6.99 -> $0.99)

Doom II RPG [apple.com] ($3.99 -> $0.99)

Finger Physics HD [apple.com] ($3.99 -> $0.99) iPad Only

Geometry Wars: Touch [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $0.99) Universal

Iron Man 2 [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $0.99)

Mega Man II [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Monkey Island 2 Special Edition [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Need for Speed Shift [apple.com] ($6.99 -> $0.99)

Osmos [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Peggle [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Predators [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Puzzle Agent [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $0.99)

Soccer Superstars [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Spider: The Secret of Bryce Manor [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Spore Creatures [apple.com] ($6.99 -> $0.99)

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Tiger Woods PGA TOUR [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $0.99)

Zenonia [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

Zombie Infection [apple.com] ($2.99 -> $0.99)

$1.99

ACE Combat Xi: Skies of Incursion [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Command & Conquer Red Alert [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Crash Bandicoot Nitro Kart 2 [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Doom Classic [apple.com] ($6.99 -> $1.99)

Doom Resurrection [apple.com] ($6.99 -> $1.99)

Hills and Rivers Remain [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Hybrid 2: Saga of Nostalgia [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Mirror's Edge [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

MLB Power Pros Touch 2010 [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Myst [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

NCAA Football by EA Sports [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Phantasy Star II [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Resident Evil 4 [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Risk: The official Game [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Sonic the Hedgehog [apple.com] ($5.99 -> $1.99)

Sonic the Hedgehog 2 [apple.com] ($5.99 -> $1.99)

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Vanguard Storm [apple.com] ($3.99 -> $1.99)

Zenonia 2 [apple.com] ($4.99 -> $1.99)

Picked up Zenonia 2, Mirror's Edge and Puzzle agent myself.

How to determine whether iPhone 3GS is factory unlocked or not? Especially when you don't have a spare SIM handy? Is there any way to get that information from the serial number or part number?

Nothing yet. Just spoke to Vodaone and Airtel yesterday. Both are tight lipped. It's not happening until Diwali for sure. And by then, Christmas sales will go through the roof in the US along with the White iPhone4 launch.

And all the trucks coming to India will be re-routed to the other countries that figure on Apple list. Same old story.

India will get it by say Feb - March like the 3GS.

And in other news, I just did a Facetime call with my friend. And let me say this, If you haven't 'Facetimed', you haven't seen *Everything*

It is seamless, amazing clarity. Beautiful, just plain frigging beautiful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back