The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
@^^

I hope so too. I'll be getting a new number altogether when I return to Delhi. So I'll decide which service provider is the best in terms of 3G coverage and plans.

On a side note - Add me on Game center. My ID is phoenix844884. Playing Fruit Ninja.

@raul It works without any hack. 3 of my friends are using it.

I will guide you on activating it.

Just give me the inputs.

First - What's your Carrier File version ? Settings - About.

@phoenix844884 added you. That's a long id :p

Airtel customer care is very good (atleast online). Last night I tweeted and later emailed them my problem. Today morning got a call from their representative asking for all the details. Also speed has increased from 2kbps to 30kbps. Still not upto the mark. The customer care guy is in constant touch with me and promised to resolve the issue within 72 hrs. Lets see..

@raul You mean software unlocked ? Facetime is known to have issues with software unlocked iPhones.

But let's try a few things. Firstly, it has to be Airtel v8.0 Carrier Version. How AT&T ? Right ?

Do these things -

0. Input your cell number with international prefix in 'My Number'

1. Turn Cellular Data Off.

2. Turn Facetime Off.

3. Restart the phone. - Hold Power + Sleep until slider appears. Don't leave the buttons until the phone restarts.

4. Make sure WiFi is On.

5. Enable Facetime. Say OK to the 'Your carrier might charge... ' message.

6. Wait for some time. I mean leave the phone in standby for an hour or so, check if Facetime is On. It should say 'Your number will be shared... ' under the Facetime option.

Let me know if it works.

Hi rashah, thanks for the tips, just tried it but no go, I am not getting the 'Your carrier might charge ....' message itself.

I guess this could have something to do with the fact that its an AT&T phone unlocked in India or the limera1n jailbreak.

Currently I am using Airtel sim in my iPhone. If i insert a sim of another company, will it work on the go or will I have to restore to factory settings first?

Hi Guys

My friend is looking for Iphone 3gs or Iphone 4

Anks showoff thread says that he has bought Iphone 4 for 36000rs

Will Alfa give EMI option?

Guys,
My dad wants a case for his 3GS(Maybe even for my i4, but that only when the time comes) as ZAGG sucks beyond words. I've shortlisted a few but am totally confused as which one to get. I have been through video reviews and ilounge but still a few left in the list.
Main aim is subtlety for office, and back protection, maybe a little lip, but its not that important. Pure silicone/rubber is a strict no no. Hybrids are not an issue.
I was pretty sure I was going to get switcheasy nude but I've heard of reports where it eventually scratches the back. It is still an option, but more as a last resort.
Budget is around 1.5, more if the case is worth it.
Here are the cases which seem like a good option, but which one or any other?
  1. Speck Candy Shell
  2. Griffin Reflect
  3. Griffin Elan Passport Metal
  4. Griffin Reveal
  5. Incipio Feather
  6. Belkin Grip Vue

PS: Is there any other option besides GEB to get these cases?

For the 3GS go for the Switcheasy Torrent. I got it fro my 3GS and it looks sexy! Soft protective body with hard plastic spine. Sleek curves in the back with ridged hand grips. Love it!

They said that the silicone expands because of the Indian heat and it doesn't fit as well as it should and deforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back