The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
mjumrani said:
Guys,

My dad wants a case for his 3GS(Maybe even for my i4, but that only when the time comes) as ZAGG sucks beyond words. I've shortlisted a few but am totally confused as which one to get. I have been through video reviews and ilounge but still a few left in the list.

Main aim is subtlety for office, and back protection, maybe a little lip, but its not that important. Pure silicone/rubber is a strict no no. Hybrids are not an issue.

I was pretty sure I was going to get switcheasy nude but I've heard of reports where it eventually scratches the back. It is still an option, but more as a last resort.

Budget is around 1.5, more if the case is worth it.

Here are the cases which seem like a good option, but which one or any other?

1. Speck Candy Shell
  2. Griffin Reflect
  3. Griffin Elan Passport Metal
  4. Griffin Reveal
  5. Incipio Feather
  6. Belkin Grip Vue

PS: Is there any other option besides GEB to get these cases?

please read...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

A little help here please!!!

CaseMate Barely There Clear Case - Photos might be glossy but its not that way

Check out youtube reviews.. I am planning to order CaseMate Barely There Clear Case for 3G due to its simple looks.

Praks said:
CaseMate Barely There Clear Case - Photos might be glossy but its not that way

Check out youtube reviews.. I am planning to order CaseMate Barely There Clear Case for 3G due to its simple looks.
Will do...

I have iphone 3G and i got at with jail breaked. yesterday my niece was playing with it and she used wrong password to open it and Iphone was disabled, i connected it to itunes and restored with apple server. Now it was updated to Ios 4.1 but i cant jailbreak it. I have used redsn0w, it works but at the last stage when iphone screen shows downloading jailbreak data, redsn0w stop working and i have to quit it on windows Vista.
Pwanage tool is not released for windows platform. Is there any way to jailbreak.
I have downloaded some custom firmware but when i try to flash it using itunes by alt clicking restore, it cant goes to choose file.
Please help me to jailbreak Ios 4.1 on Iphone 3G.

For jailbreaking your 3G with iOS 4.1 try limera1n.
Very easy to use, just connect your phone and follow the onscreen instructions.
Although you won't be able to unlock right now but keep cheking iphoneblogr.com a new version of Ultrasn0w (for carrier unlock) is coming.

bhupatib said:
For jailbreaking your 3G with iOS 4.1 try limera1n.
Very easy to use, just connect your phone and follow the onscreen instructions.
Although you won't be able to unlock right now but keep cheking iphoneblogr.com a new version of Ultrasn0w (for carrier unlock) is coming.
After jailbreaking with limera1n, can i use my iphone with any other service provider

^^he mentioned it that you wont be able to unlock it i.e. use it with other service providers..This is because with the 4.1 update your baseband also got updated to 5.14 whose unlock is not out yet..Although, it should be out soon..I am expecting around 25th november..

viditkalra said:
^^he mentioned it that you wont be able to unlock it i.e. use it with other service providers..This is because with the 4.1 update your baseband also got updated to 5.14 whose unlock is not out yet..Although, it should be out soon..I am expecting around 25th november..
Can i downgrade to other lower firmware and if its possible, what tool can i use to flash it. Please update me.

Gentleman,

I have been searching this thread and others but have totally lucked out. Where in the US can I buy he iPhone 4 without a contract, i.e. for the $600 price?. I will bring the phone back to India. Been using it periodically over here for a while and absolutely love it.

iphone 4 is available at all apple stores for 600 without contract but its locked to AT&T and you would need to jailbreak it and unlock it and as of now there is no unlock available for iphone 4 iOS 4.1 with 2.10.4 baseband. There would be one out soon after the iOS 4.2 release so your best bet is to buy a piece right now and then wait for the unlock. Also after reading this you are thinking that you would rather wait for the iOS 4.2 release and then the unlock release then it wont be worth it as iOS 4.2 would not be updated for a while as soon as iOS 4.2 is out the baseband of factory shipped phones would change to 3.xx.xx which in turn would not be unlockable with the next unlock. Hope all this made sense to you.

Also if you dont want any of these hassles then rather buy a unlocked iphone 4 from UK or Singapore.

maddy_in65 said:
Can i downgrade to other lower firmware and if its possible, what tool can i use to flash it. Please update me.
Possible only if you have saved you SHSH blobs in cydia or locally in computer .

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

mjumrani said:
Will do...
also try the capdase ones .They are good :)

Switch said:
iphone 4 is available at all apple stores for 600 without contract but its locked to AT&T and you would need to jailbreak it and unlock it and as of now there is no unlock available for iphone 4 iOS 4.1 with 2.10.4 baseband. There would be one out soon after the iOS 4.2 release so your best bet is to buy a piece right now and then wait for the unlock. Also after reading this you are thinking that you would rather wait for the iOS 4.2 release and then the unlock release then it wont be worth it as iOS 4.2 would not be updated for a while as soon as iOS 4.2 is out the baseband of factory shipped phones would change to 3.xx.xx which in turn would not be unlockable with the next unlock. Hope all this made sense to you.

Also if you dont want any of these hassles then rather buy a unlocked iphone 4 from UK or Singapore.
Unlocked from UK and Singapore is not an option at the moment.

Canada seems to be the cheapest option, though I would still like to buy it from the US as I am here right now.

Don't want to end up with an expensive ipod touch.. :(

^ As of now, it's all iOS4.1 stock. Next week beginning, we should get iOS4.2 OOB iPhones. Buy now and save your SHSH to get an untethered jailbreak later. Or else you might have to always tether until a new jailbreak solution is out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back