The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm there have been quite a few issues with upgrading to 4.3.1.

I guess I will wait for redsn0w release for 4.3.2 before upgrading my FW 4.2.1

1) Can other apps be installed on Jailbroken iPhone (other than through cydia).. Few games/apps are released on and off on warez forums specifically for iPhone, so can those be installed..?

2) Any good case suggestions, please ?

^^ you can install apps directly from itunes, just add a source in cydia(to install cracked apps), search for that i dont want to put it here. Then you can download the apps and then add it to itunes through "add file to library " and then install it on your iphone.

4.3.2 has been released, guess what...It's already jailbroken(tethered, though)...long live JB community!!

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

dipen01 said:
Hmm there have been quite a few issues with upgrading to 4.3.1.

I guess I will wait for redsn0w release for 4.3.2 before upgrading my FW 4.2.1

1) Can other apps be installed on Jailbroken iPhone (other than through cydia).. Few games/apps are released on and off on warez forums specifically for iPhone, so can those be installed..?

2) Any good case suggestions, please ?
4.3.2 tethered JB is out...

Download Installous from Cydia(Google installous and add the source). It's the gateway to all, you know what!!

You can also download apps in your system..it will be with .ipa extension and then you can transfer it to your iphone and install it, Google "How to transfer ipa files and install".

Rahul said:
Why did you installed unltrasn0w in the first place ? you are using gevey sim right ?

Well I am saving my BB at 2.10.04 with iOS 4.3.1. Now when you do that you get "No Signal Bar" issue(Google for it for details). Saving BB for a possible software unlock from Dev Team.

Now to fix the no signal issue you need to install the ultrasn0w's latest patch. Thats causes the battery drain.

But as of now I am happy to report that the problem has been solved. Restored my phone again on 4.3.1 and applied the ultrasn0w patch and rebooted with the "Slide to power off" step and not through sbsettings. Issue is solved now(Or as it seems :)).

Damn..! won't be able to download all the files for JB redsn0w 4.3.2 due to bandwidth issues :eek:.

Btw, I am currently on FW 4.2.1, So I need to first upgrade to 4.3.2 or I should directly apply redsn0w release for 4.3.2 ?

I am currently on 4.3.1 jailbreak (RedSn0w ). What special features does the 4.3.2 that might tempt me to upgrade ?

Does this also mean i need to again restore phone to 4.3.2 and re-jailbreak , thereby losing all my JB'ed/Cydia apps ? Then I guess I will wait till iOS 5 :|. Reinstall all Cydia apps is a PITA.

^ Those cydia backup apps kinda screw up the phone when you restore it .Experienced it when I moved from 4.2.1 to 4.3.1 and restored all Cydia apps via Aptback. Phone become slow ,unresponsive and the Springboard kept crashing all the time. Had to restore it and re-do everything .

Yesterday upgraded the phone to 4.3.2, i coudnt find any difference but i had to format the phone because some other reason so installed this one :)

Hi, I came across a shop selling the iphone 4 16GB for just 32k (after bargaining) and i wanted to know if it was safe to buy it.

The serial number starts with 7N114**** which makes it a new (not refurbished) piece, that has been manufactured very recently.

Also, my friend's i4 bought from the grey market checks out all clean when i checked for the validity of its warranty over here : https://selfsolve.apple.com/GetWarranty.do

Q.1) So is it safe to buy?

Q.2) Will the warranty of a grey market piece be valid in India. (accounting the fact that i4 is soon officially gonna be launched here)

Also the phone's box was not sealed. They say, they have to open it to check what they have is genuine and working. help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back