The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
And there is no word for a 2.10.4 BB unlock for iPhone 4. So in a nutshell no good news for any of the new iPhone 4 users. This sucks...

phoenix844884 said:
Its pretty simple . You just need to follow 2 guides properly and it can be done in 5-7 minutes max.

1)First step is to download the latest 4.2.1 firmware file for your device and update it.
2)Restore your phone completely to new 4.2.1 as per this guide.
Update iPhone 3GS / 3G Baseband to 06.15.00 with PwnageTool 4.1.3 for iOS 4.2.1 Unlock [Guide] | Redmond Pie

^ Then follow the guide above completely till you have a jailbroken iPhone .

After that you can unlock it using this guide -
Unlock 4.2.1 iOS on iPhone 3GS / 3G with Ultrasn0w 1.2 [Guide] | Redmond Pie

That's it , your phone will be unlocked.

Thanks FaH33m for guiding me in the right direction. :)

My phone was initially locked with O2. for unlocking had to use a O2 first coz otherwise the only thing tht i cud c on the screen was a wire.

now if I first update my IOS to 4.2.1 will tht wire thing come again which i am guessing was a lock so tht its only used with O2.

or i will be able to see the menus and use this guide to unlock it again after updating it.

krisdkiller said:
My phone was initially locked with O2. for unlocking had to use a O2 first coz otherwise the only thing tht i cud c on the screen was a wire.

now if I first update my IOS to 4.2.1 will tht wire thing come again which i am guessing was a lock so tht its only used with O2.

or i will be able to see the menus and use this guide to unlock it again after updating it.
By unlocking I think you mean 'activating' the phone right at the beginning. If your phone was initially locked to O2 and always required O2 to make calls, then the above mentioned guides will free you of that carrier lock.

And yes, when you update to 4.2.1, the phone will again ask for an original O2 SIM card to get activated. Put in the original O2 SIM and get the phone working in iTunes. After that Jailbreak and unlock it easily.

Guys can i JB my iphone 4 running on 4.2.1 with baseband 3.10.1?

I do saw the guide on iclarifieddotcom but it doesnt mention for which baseband it works?

phoenix844884 said:
By unlocking I think you mean 'activating' the phone right at the beginning. If your phone was initially locked to O2 and always required O2 to make calls, then the above mentioned guides will free you of that carrier lock.
And yes, when you update to 4.2.1, the phone will again ask for an original O2 SIM card to get activated. Put in the original O2 SIM and get the phone working in iTunes. After that Jailbreak and unlock it easily.

bleh Now i need O2 sim AGAIN! ...

The 4.2.1 is a teathered jailbreak so i would stay away from it... There is a new one just out today but its for testing purposes only... I were you i would wait a couple of more days and then perform the jailbreak...

Hmm now that i have already done it, i find no issues as such cause i am not going to boot my phone every now and then. However can i not move to the untethered JB when i want?

Well you would be able to once the unthetered would be out you simply would have to download the redsnow update from Cydia and it would just reboot the device once and it will work. But I would have certainly avoided a thetred jailbreak for a iPhone as there could always be a situation where your phone switched off cause of battery drainage and you have no acces to a computer and you realize you don't a phone to call.

Switch said:
Well you would be able to once the unthetered would be out you simply would have to download the redsnow update from Cydia and it would just reboot the device once and it will work. But I would have certainly avoided a thetred jailbreak for a iPhone as there could always be a situation where your phone switched off cause of battery drainage and you have no acces to a computer and you realize you don't a phone to call.
Its actually a semi-tethered jailbreak. The iPhone will boot up just fine as a stock device, only the jailbreak stuff won't work.

Well to tell the truth my iphone did go into a kind of loop while booting and various other issues, so a simple jailbreak process took me more than 3 hours!!

Had to go into DFU and what not but finally alls well that ends well!

Also i love playing around with my gadgets, hacking and modding them so willing to take the risk :)

There is a new beta out. If you have got a factory unlocked phone and a mac and shsh blobs saved for the iOS 4.2gm build then you can try it out. You can get to the blog page through tweets posted by musclenerd.

@Switch: just finished reading about it. I am a pbit paranoi, bcause I have my new (and expensive) iPhone4 running perfectly. Don't wanna hurt it.

Anybody here tried it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back