The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
arghya139 said:
iPhone 3G

some people saying bb cant be unlocked

is it ?
You can update your BB to 6.15 and also unlock/jailbreak. But you stand the chance of loosing your GPS on BB 6.15.

Anybody tried the Greenpois0n JB for 4.2.1 ??

When i try to open GP, it's throwing an error saying that itunes.exe not found and ituneshelper not found.

After that GP opens, but fails to jailbreak my iphone 4.

Any suggestions ??

Oh.. and i am on Win7 x64 Ultimate.

^^If the iphone is running on 1.59 base band then it can be unlocked. what ever firmware might be. The basebands 2.10, 3.10 and 4.10 are not unlockable.

I am facing a strange problem with my iPhone. Even though the names and numbers are saved but still when the phone rings the number shows everytime leaving me to guess whose phone call that is.

Also whats the easiest way to sync contacts from Nokia 5800 to iPhone.

Export contacts from Nokia Manager to Excel

Upload excel/CSV to Google Contacts

Sync Google Contacts with iPhone

:)

Well I synced with a different way and it is properly synced but I am still not able to get the names to display properly.

The syncing method was follows.

Nokia 5800XM>Ovi Suite PC>MS Outlook Express>iTunes>iPhone 4

But the problem still persists.

^^ try creating one contact manually and then check if that works. If it works them the problem can be with the sync or format change in contacts.

Actually found the culprit. Its the Gevey Sim and nothing else. I would need to manually add +91 in front of all the numbers then only it would work :(

Here is what I found after a lot of research.

Q: My caller ID is not working and my SMS threads are fragmented, why?

A: The "unlock" causes the phone to use 001 as the default MNC, which has no matching country code and your phone fails to map caller ID to your country. There are many ways to get around it, e.g. manually adding the country code to every number in contacts, adding custom carrier bundles for 001/01 or a network reset/full reset. A more consistent method is to open /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/PhoneFormats/UIMobileCountryCodes.plist and add the highlighted part:

Replace %Your Country Code% with ISO3611 alpha-2 country code for your locale: nz for New Zealand, jp for Japan etc.

For the complete FAQ one should visit the following link Singularity: Unofficial Gevey FAQ

Yup. Will the gevey sim work if i cook a custom IPSW for 4.3.1 and save my BB at 2.10.4 for iPhone 4. The Dev team won't answer anything related to Gevey sim as they are pretty pissed by them.

The NCK thingy Is pretty old news. It's been known a day after the iOS 4.3 released. I seriously doubt weather it would work or not. Till then there is gevey which has been working like a charm since the day I got it.

^ ^ Agree. NCK is a long shot at best. After a lot of research, I will have to take back what I said about the 112 dialing being illegal. It still is, however not so much for some states compared to others. I have reliance, airtel, and Docomo. And in KK when I dial 112, i get the unable to connect your call message. Which means that the dial out doesnt even reach the control room. In this case, legality is thrown out the door (I would assume). And gevey will still work...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back