The Definitive iPhone Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
rPOk said:
I have a query if Apple IPhone warranty is valid internationally. I had purchased apple iphone from Online Apple Store shipped to my friend in US in March 08. Its covered by hardware repair/replacement warranty of 1 year.
I'm facing something like backlight bleed on top corners in LCD screen - the white screen appears yellow and black screen appears whiteish in these corners. Its not very noticeable but the lcd does appear damaged at these corners...and i believe this might get worse in future.
But i wanted to explore the options of getting this repaired by Apple.
Can i do it here at any apple store? Or will i need to send it to US (too much hassle)?

I don't think Apple honors iPhone 2g warranty in india as it wasn't officially launched here.

Either send it to US and get ur warranty claimed

Else get it repaired locally.

If ur friend still stays in the US, i say send it to him cause the 2G has the diffuser and lcd stuck to each other and the replacement can cost u upto 9k.

Best bet = Send to US

I am planning on getting an iphone ...the problem is that the switch to put the iphone in silent is not working. Is there an app to toggle it ? Else what will be the repair charges ? Where ?

hey i tried connecting to wifi of inorbit mall, the phone gets connected but no browsing...i have iphone 2g. any settings i should know ?

Metal Gear Solid Touch for iphone

If you haven't checked out Konami's Web site for "Metal Gear Solid 4 Touch," the iPhone version of the popular "MGS" series, we recommend taking a look--even if you don't have an iPhone or iPod Touch. Both site and game look pretty sweet, and Konami's posted new details with some Flash animation showing off the sniping and shooting controls.

The game is apparently sort of a rail-based shooter, and you use your finger to aim and tap the screen to shoot. To zoom in and enter snipe mode, you pinch out (spread your fingers); to zoom out, you pinch in.

Konami is planning to release a special advance release edition that gives you early access to the first half of the "Metal Gear Solid 4" story before the final release. Your saved progress from the advance release automatically carries over when you download the final release.

No word on exactly when the advance release version of "MGS4 Touch" will touch down but we expect it will be in the next month to six weeks (if not slightly sooner) since Konami lists the release date for the game as spring 2009.

"METAL GEAR SOLID TOUCH" OFFICIAL SITE

The following functionalities are expected in the new iPhone OS 3.0:
- Copy and Paste Functionality
- New Global Search Functionality
- MMS and improved multimedia capabilities
- Bluetooth functionality enhancement to work with different bluetooth enabled headsets and headphones

Lets see what all turns out to be true at this invite only event.

i would like to see Contactflow as default. If they could do it with album selection in the ipod.. why o why couldnt they make browsing contacts easier than what they have now?

Guys what do I need to do to enable Vodafone Live on my iphone ? Vodafone say that for some wiered reason I cannot opt for Vodafone Live and I have to change my plan and go for the idata plan with a rental of 100 bux which I dont want.

After some search I came across an APN editing tool and changed the APN from iphone to portalnmms, but I still cannot get EDGE to work.

This is what I am on -> iphone 2G, firmware 2.2.1

Guys planning on getting the iphone 3G in chennai, anyone using it with aircel GPRS...does it work ok???... help appreciates. Thanks.

abbY said:
Isn't there are workaround for it ?

Vodafone Live is not a true GPRS(HTTP) connection. You will need a true HTTP connection to access net on iPhone. The APN editing tool allows you to change APN so that you can use the normal GPRS plans (but still HTTP) rather than the expensive iphone-only plans!

Jasku said:
Guys planning on getting the iphone 3G in chennai, anyone using it with aircel GPRS...does it work ok???... help appreciates. Thanks.

I subscribed to airtel gprs for Rs1500 bux a yr.but also have to pay them Rs180 every month for free incoming calls. GPRS is okay for surfing but not gud enough for online radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back