The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

Doing extensive research on this phone, ive managed to dig out a couple of flaws

Firstly check this
2435jsw.jpg

yes that is a touchscreen based UIQ3 game meant for p1i, works on the s60v5 emulator. That is actually an advantage but the flaw is this,
normal java games will also work same as above, but the ts lacks Multi Touch, that means suppose ur playing prince of persia, how do you make him move right AND jump, pressing two buttons at a time? not possible i think?? :(

Secondly, In lists, like in contacts or in messages inbox, suppose you want to mark many contacts at a time (NOT ALL) u used to do it using the PEN key in older s60 devices but here, there is no pen key, and you have to select one by one going through the menus. i tried hold and everything else there seems to be no solution to this problem... :( :(

your thoughts..

wow... everybodys so hyped up bout this phone... i mean the craziness is amazing... hope everyone gets it ASAFP :D .. well i myself am waiting for the HTC Touch HD.. any idea when itll be released in india??

univercell quoting 23k.....i know this one will b sold on a premium..and it will vanish in first week quoting huge sale...but low number only would had been supplied...and than all jacking up price...no doubt

redscorpion_11 said:
wow... everybodys so hyped up bout this phone... i mean the craziness is amazing... hope everyone gets it ASAFP :D .. well i myself am waiting for the HTC Touch HD.. any idea when itll be released in india??

Dont know about the release date, but I guess the price would be near the 50~55k mark on launch considering XPeria X1 which is just a high resolution screen version of HTC Touch Pro is priced 45k in India.

magnet said:
univercell quoting 23k.....i know this one will b sold on a premium..and it will vanish in first week quoting huge sale...but low number only would had been supplied...and than all jacking up price...no doubt

+1....i got this news from a pal......the 5800 will be sold at a big premium and it will be poof! in a while.....i remember similar thing happening with the 5300 music express was launched...the red colored ones disappeared and where they were available the prices were jacked up.....im seriously considering a standby phone now waiting for prices to stabilise at a limit......i was thinking of getting a new phone for my bro so i can buy something of his interest right now , use and then pass it on after 2 months or so when the prices finally lay down the 18k range........

however on the other hand if it comes out priced as it should....then its a 'buy' right away.

Lord Nemesis said:
Dont know about the release date, but I guess the price would be near the 50~55k mark on launch considering XPeria X1 which is just a high resolution screen version of HTC Touch Pro is priced 45k in India.

:mad: .......................

SoMxNemesis said:
Hmm lemme try asking around.. i might be able to do something. Will let you guys know by monday

Dude any updates from ur side.... This thread has grown at an alarming rate in the last 3 days.

@phoenix: The IC thread is updated...

@ Lord_Nemesis .. holy crap.. if what u said is true then i guess HTC can forget selling any Touch HD in india for atleast 6 months i guess.. i mean 55K for a phone.. damm.. :(,, but i just hope its within 25-30K .. [fingers corssed]

so nokia finally does it, i knew this was coming the 5mp n series touch screen is out as well. price very high, here comes the nokia n97 as well to roll side by side with the nokia 5800 ill take the 5800 for now then get the e90 when the new communicators are out since i have 2 numbers.

vpraveenis said:
Anyone has any updates yet on it's availability??

Yes

^^Still not available.

All those who think n97 is better than 5800, the cpu processor in n97 is 369mhz, ram is 128mb, which is THE EXACT SAME THING in 5800. so technically 5800 is fully capable of what n97 can do.

So

-Ngage on 5800 is 99% sure.

-Why pay 550euro+ (or even more) if you get the same power with a little compromise in features for half the price?

honestly everyone says n97 is flagship, but its just the same thing with a different packaging, a slide keyboard, and a little better cam. Thats not worth paying double the price!

Looks like 5800 is definitely FTW! :D

GenetiCDisasteR said:
honestly everyone says n97 is flagship, but its just the same thing with a different packaging, a slide keyboard, and a little better cam. Thats not worth paying double the price!
Looks like 5800 is definitely FTW! :D

Agree completely... I was looking for a xpressmusinc with symbian and GPS and now the 5800 offers all with touch in addition. It fits my bill perfectly.

There is not going to be much additional features that's worth paying twice the amount. A better cam and higher capacity storage + N series tag does not make it a device to crave for.. at least for me.

Infact if there's a choice for same model, with and without camera, i will pick the one without it, providing it has a lesser price. I simply dont use the camera in my mobile.

vpraveenis said:
Agree completely... I was looking for a xpressmusinc with symbian and GPS and now the 5800 offers all with touch in addition. It fits my bill perfectly.

There is not going to be much additional features that's worth paying twice the amount. A better cam and higher capacity storage + N series tag does not make it a device to crave for.. at least for me.

Infact if there's a choice for same model, with and without camera, i will pick the one without it, providing it has a lesser price. I simply dont use the camera in my mobile.

Yes, it is exactly what I too want.

superczar said:
wow, went through this monster thread in one go
also went through the review on Allaboutsymbian ( All About Symbian Review: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Preview - Part 3: Software, application compatibility and conclusions )
but failed to understand what the hype is about..as in how is it so much better than say the newer (and faster than the prev gen) Nokia Symbians

(Genuine question guys, not a flame bait)

The unique selling point(USP) of the 5800XM is that it is the first phone from Nokia to run on Symbian S60 5th edition. The plus point of this phone is the high capacity battery and highly optimised music player which lets the phone run for around 37hours(source: mobile-review). Another plus point is the 3.2inch display(the biggest display in a Nokia phone which is available in the market).

Back