The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

I think Nokia is being like Microsoft(regarding Windows 7) i.e Microsoft says Win 7 will release in 2010 while all leaks and slip of tongue points to a release in mid 2009. I think Nokia is being too conservative regarding the date of availability of the 5800XM in India.

Did u guys read the 2nd part of the preview of 5800XM on www.allaboutsymbian.com ?
Should I post the direct link?

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

anks22402 said:
I have already spoken to him about it .. so once we gets the mobile in his gand we can defintely strike a good deal

oh...that was one heck of a typo....:rofl: :rofl:
can be nominated as the typo of the year....:clap:

@hanzy , will be buying a few of them , one for me , and a few for my friends.Maybe we can start a GO in the Hot deals for this , so that we can track the total number of phones we can club to get the best price possible.

The nokia india support site is up for 5800. You can download user manual and getting started guide from there :hap2:

All possible indicators for a availability pretty soon..

Super.I'll wait a day or two and start a GO thread. Then we can collect a list of whoever is buying from mumbai , and we can club em up :D

I am not getting any prices as of now. I will start the deal so we can all know how many we are getting together. Whoever finds the best deal after that can help us get the pieces

From Russia With Love
Nokia 5800 Out and Sold Out!!!

The long wait is over; Nokia has quietly launched their first full touch S60 phone in Russia Yesterday! The very first European model of Nokia 5800 XpressMusic was sold in Moscow, Russia, without fake advertising, without big poster, without big announcements, but with stunning success.

The Moscow Flagship Store sold out its entire inventory in less than 30 minutes! An additional nine hundreds unlucky stragglers added their names to the long waiting list.

Buyers, some of whom had camped in line for hours or even days, crowded the Flagship Store thinking that they’ll be able to get phone among the first. At sales start on Wednesday November 26th there was a queue of over 150 people although it was unbearable cold to wait in the shade of the Nokia Flagship Store!

Some anxious buyers even offered bribes to people in queue to get the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic first! I really need help as soon as possible, I can't tell you how desperate and sad I am, I can't wait anymore, I want it right now
source:- Sold Out: Stunning Success of Nokia 5800 In Moscow!

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - Sold out in 30 Minutes

Recently I told you about the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic that started shipping in several Countries recently, well, I have just heard that at the Nokia Flag Ship Store in Moscow, Russia, they sold out of their stock in just 30 minutes on the morning of the launch. 120 handsets snapped up in a frenzy by very egar Russians keen to be the first to get their hands on the 5800 XpressMusic Handset.

This news came from a Russian blog, owned by eldarmurtazin, and writen by Victoria Eremina. If you are a Russian reader here at Nokiausers, you an head over to her blog here, and read the exciting posts, and comments on her Journal.

Mobile-Review.com have also covered this story, which can be found here, and have gained permission to translate, and publish the news. Here is a translation from Victoria's Journal..

"This week, the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic sales kicked off in Russia with stunning success. On Wednesday, the Moscow Flagship Store sold out its entire inventory in a record 30 minutes. An additional 900 people added their names to the waiting list.

Buyers, some of whom had camped in line for days, crowded the Flagship Store to hit store shelves. At sales start on Wednesday November 26th there was a queue of over 150 people. Some anxious buyers even offered bribes to people in queue to get the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic first.

Eldar Murtazin, #1 Russian telco analyst and chief editor of Mobile Review told about sales start at Nokia Flagship Store in his blog eldarmurtazin: Nokia 5800 ýðчðûð ÿрþôðòðтьÑÂѠò àþÑÂÑÂøø and that became one of the most discussed news in the Russian blogosphere on Wednesday.

Some quotes from Eldar's blog: “Sales assistants in the shop don’t remember such a situation. The demand exceeds the supply now so much that those (retailers) who bought the model in bulk have begun changing their attitude and are trying to order more and more. I can't recall a similar situation; it is an interesting turn of events. And the last funny thing - looks like in the first week of sales this product can sell in bigger volumes than iPhone at official launch. Though it is wrong to compare the products which differ in price… The way of Nokia 5800XpressMusic has begun”.

The Russian team plans to support sales of Nokia 5800 XpressMusic within Nokia Trends Lab festival on December 5th in Moscow. Nokia Trends Lab Moscow Experiment 2 will be headlined by dance-punk Scots Shitdisco, American singer Santogold, Canadian producer Tiga and British DJ Moussa Clarke. On Russia’s part the event will be supported by DJ Orange aka One Dollar, art-director at Denis Simachёv Bar and connoisseur of non-commercial dance music.

One of the bloggers said, looking at the queue in Moscow Flagship Store: "Do we have economic crisis or not? I did not understand."

This is great news for Nokia, and all this was without any major advertising, promotional efforts, or massive posters.

source :- Nokia 5800 XpressMusic - Sold out in 30 Minutes

Attachments

• russia01.jpg
    russia01.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 92
  • russia02.jpg
    russia02.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 112

^last when i checked at a cellphone shop i was told not to expect these on shelf before 1st week JAN......now im really getting *hasty* for a new phone.....

I checked at the offical nokia shop @ heera paana yesterday

The guy said that it would be available by the end of the first week of december... :)

however he quoted a price of 23K :(

Lol. I am already blocking some pieces with my local stores :p

Guys you do the same lest we are stuck with only our names in the waiting list :(

hanzy said:
I checked with 2 different shops....Top 10 and Sony Collections........Sony Collections said 15-20 days more for sure and Top 10 said - JAN :O. No voice on the pricing yet......i'm afraid I have to buy a new phone :( ....and hence http://www.techenclave.com/market/wtb-nokia-n78-123291.html :no: ....dammm !....

Never listen or bother to ask any of these Dealers. They are in no position whatsoever to give correct information. :hap5:

UPDATE\

Went to Hypercity Mall in Mumbai and asked for the Nokia 5800 in the mobile section on 1st floor.

Was told first week of december :hap2: and a price of 20k. :clap:

I have given him my name and number and told him that I will by in bulk.

Anybody who lives in Goregaon West can continue to check with them as I can go there only next weekend (I live in Mahim)

Hope we get the set fast and at the above said price...

Cheers

PhOeNiX said:
Yippppeee :D
I'll check again with The MobileStore and a few other dealers :p

Errr.... Inorbit mobile store told me Jan 1st week. You sure u wanna check there too. :no:

Plus I remember there prices to be on the higher side always:bleh:

Plus plus Alfa kaisa rahega, In case someone can forge a friendship with the guys ???

Whosoever gets hold of one please pick one for me too... Will compensate the person in kind ;)

Back