The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

yep. once the iPhoen was launched , everyone wanted a touchscreen phone that had everything , like good music capabilites , good camera etc. The iPhone is out of reach for most of us , but the Nokia 5800 offers similar features (a few of them better like teh camera, a few of them lower like the lack of multi-touch) at a much more affordable price point.

Ok , the wait is really killing...unfortunatly my waiting period expires on coming friday.......the closest competition to this in the same price range is the Samsung F480...........nebody using / used it ?

Cmon. I think you can hold out a bit more. I know that i am gonna get this phone , either in Dec or in Jan or in Feb if it comes to that.

PhOeNiX said:
Cmon. I think you can hold out a bit more. I know that i am gonna get this phone , either in Dec or in Jan or in Feb if it comes to that.

i know....the problem is i have a 1 week client meet.....which was thought to be in Jan and now it is coming up next week.......I cannot roam with a 3510 :bleh: in my hand.......need something decent......:no: 5800 :cry:

viralbug said:
^ borrow someone's phone for a while :D

a while in this case is 1 week.....and wat does the person use if i take the phone......if i give mine , i will get a nice punch :lol: :lol: :lol:

We should have a pool of standby phones on rental for this purpose.

pay some deposit & rent out teh phone for a period of time.

hanzy said:
i know....the problem is i have a 1 week client meet.....which was thought to be in Jan and now it is coming up next week.......I cannot roam with a 3510 :bleh: in my hand.......need something decent......:no: 5800 :cry:

Are you serious? You need to impress your client / feel sociable / at par based on the phone that you hold in your hand / keep in your pocket?

And I thought a phone was a long distance communication device! and then the more features you get at a price, better the value.

babhishek said:
Are you serious? You need to impress your client / feel sociable / at par based on the phone that you hold in your hand / keep in your pocket?

And I thought a phone was a long distance communication device! and then the more features you get at a price, better the value.

unfortunately thats the way it is in todays materialistic world and thats the way it is.....u will find other threads too here mentioning the same , that the phones need to represent the kind of business / personality you are....the only reason it dint matter to me so far is cause i was never out.....im sure a few would agree to the same....

in a world and zone of blackberry's and e-series flood , if im the one- holding a sub 6 yr old phone and im there to represent my company and a part of the presentation then..........*need not say any further*......

besides on the funtionality part and usuage part i cannot beam my business card via BT or even using infrared......all you have to do at such meets is beam using BT.........

i hope the people who would understand , already have :)

hanzy said:
Ok , the wait is really killing...unfortunatly my waiting period expires on coming friday.......the closest competition to this in the same price range is the Samsung F480...........nebody using / used it ?

Dude.... no way.... dont go for the F480... its a useless phone... the output volume is crap... both in terms of in ear talks as well speaker output...

Just logged into Orkut and was pleasantly surprised to see a Nokia 5800 advertisement in Orkut ads.

Just to confirm I clicked on the link and was taken to Nokia India's 5800 page.

That means nokia India has already began advertising the phone. A very good sign :)

IceFusion said:
Dude.... no way.... dont go for the F480... its a useless phone... the output volume is crap... both in terms of in ear talks as well speaker output...

opted out ...and ur views further helped me do so......having used the Omnia (which sucks when it comes to mic positioning ) , i figured out that the structure is same in the f480 too........with omnia on the other end its a pain to hear the person.....and i wouldnt want my listeners to do the same......

nikeel said:
Just logged into Orkut and was pleasantly surprised to see a Nokia 5800 advertisement in Orkut ads.

Just to confirm I clicked on the link and was taken to Nokia India's 5800 page.

That means nokia India has already began advertising the phone. A very good sign :)

Me too. I also saw the advert.:clap:

Back