The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

Guys Phoenix, hacker, others any news ?

I visited nokia priority in Fame Nakshatra yesterday when I had gone to see Transporter 3. They Said no news :(

My current cell is getting weirder by the day. Help !!!

ROCKING NEWS !!!!....CONFIRMED ITS OUT IN DUBAI, just got an SMS from a pal in dubai............

LAUNCH PRICE IN DUBAI : 1440 DH. that translates it to 18XXX.......

Shit !...my pal is coming down TOMORROW from Dubai......only if i can contact him....muahahahahahah......Confirmed news...ENJOYYYYYY.....Should be here soon too i guess....

hanzy said:
ROCKING NEWS !!!!....CONFIRMED ITS OUT IN DUBAI, just got an SMS from a pal in dubai............

LAUNCH PRICE IN DUBAI : 1440 DH. that translates it to 18XXX.......

Shit !...my pal is coming down TOMORROW from Dubai......only if i can contact him....muahahahahahah......Confirmed news...ENJOYYYYYY.....Should be here soon too i guess....
if u are able to contact ur friend pls ask him the store where it is available for 1440dhms.i may ask my bro to send over a couple for some friends of mine who want it (if it gets delayed in india or is priced too high)
thanks in advance,
deepak

deepak3775 said:
if u are able to contact ur friend pls ask him the store where it is available for 1440dhms.i may ask my bro to send over a couple for some friends of mine who want it (if it gets delayed in india or is priced too high)
thanks in advance,
deepak

Its available in "Virgin Megastore" as per the info he gave me....but then he said there is a BETTER deal on it going on a few shops away.....was not able to catch with the name of the shop....for 100dh. more they were offering 1 yr insurance + 1 extra yr warranty (i.e 2 yrs warranty) + standby phone incase your phone goes kaput and goes for replacement / repair + free pickup and drop service for the phone....(surely most of that is limited to dubai , if u can manage to bill it and register it at a dubai address ;) ) ...watever even the 1 extra yr. warranty minus the rest is 100dh ~1300 bux well spent !.....so its well under the 20k reach launch price here for sure.....im just starting to wonder the price fall on the rest of the phones.....n78/n95/n82 where are they going to place themselves........btw the N78 is in ~14xxx and N82 is in ~16xxx range in dubai already.......

i hope nokia plays it right here, about time they have realised their bigger market chunk is right HERE and the wait people can go for Symbian Gizmos :)

@Phoenix : as and when u read this , its time to BUMP the IC thread....and get into action.

hanzy said:
Its available in "Virgin Megastore" as per the info he gave me....but then he said there is a BETTER deal on it going on a few shops away.....was not able to catch with the name of the shop....for 100dh. more they were offering 1 yr insurance + 1 extra yr warranty (i.e 2 yrs warranty) + standby phone incase your phone goes kaput and goes for replacement / repair + free pickup and drop service for the phone....(surely most of that is limited to dubai , if u can manage to bill it and register it at a dubai address ;) ) ...watever even the 1 extra yr. warranty minus the rest is 100dh ~1300 bux well spent !.....so its well under the 20k reach launch price here for sure.....im just starting to wonder the price fall on the rest of the phones.....n78/n95/n82 where are they going to place themselves........btw the N78 is in ~14000 and N82 is in ~16xxx range in dubai already.......

i hope nokia plays it right here, about time they have realised their bigger market chunk is right HERE and the wait people can go for Symbian Gizmos :)
thanks for the info hanzy:clap:

Lol......will bump it as soon as i get a heads up on the local pricing re. I have been trying my luck here too. No use getting everyone pumped up when its not avlbl in in india.

:eek:hyeah: :hap2: I have 2 sources coming down from Dubai DAY AFTER :eek:hyeah: :hap2: :hap5: :hap5: :tongue: :tongue: most probably Jumbo Corp would be selling this with International Warranty applicable in India too !....................

@ Hanzy:

Can you suggest an online store in Dubai from where i can get it shipped to India.

and also can u please confirm the international warranty part???

motorheadinc said:
@ Hanzy:

Can you suggest an online store in Dubai from where i can get it shipped to India.
and also can u please confirm the international warranty part???

Will be receiving updates in appox 2-3 hours time...sent pal for the hunt :rofl: ....as of now , NO online buying is possible.....will post back once i have updates on the international warranty....;) ....

motorheadinc said:
great...

Will wait for your next post then...

Update : The phone will NOT carry international warranty , my friend checked out the phone in person and according to him he suggested I WAIT for its official launch HERE....CHECK the phone personally and THEN only buy it......because the touch might be to ones like....He DID mention that the phone was slow and sluggish at times and would defi. need a firmware upgrade / improvement......So im dropping off the plans of calling for it ( It would have been mine on Sunday :) ) ......I can defi. wait till the 23rd till another pal comes down :hap2: ........

BtW...the name of the ONLY shop offering the extended services is "AXIUM"....

iPhone Hacked and Hooked with a Physical Keyboard
I can’t say I didn’t see this coming. In fact, I’ve long waited for the day some brave soul would hack an iPhone and attach a physical keyboard to it. While the virtual QWERTY keyboard is good, you really need a physical keyboard sometimes especially when you’re doing something that requires intense typing.
Check out this hacked iPhone from Japan. The keyboard isn’t quite as attractive as I’d like, but that’s not the point here. Here’s an iPhone with a keyboard that solves the problem of those who are attracted by the iPhone’s interface but are deterred by the lack of physical keys. Of course, you can always get something like the Sony Ericsson XPERIA X1 instead, but I’m sure, some people digress.

SOMEBODY MAKE IT FOR NOKIA 5800

source:- iPhone Hacked and Hooked with a Physical Keyboard | Mr.Gadget

Attachments

• Amit S.jpg
    Amit S.jpg
    25.4 KB · Views: 89

I have a very specific question:

Does Symbian S60 support Skype or a similar VOIP and will it work through GRPS/EDGE network???

motorheadinc said:
@ Everyone: Still not available in Alfa and in 3-4 priority stores I had checked. :(

when did you check that man?.i checked today...quoting 26K Alfa with bill...just out of curiosity i checked another store next to alfa and he quotes 28K with bill :S

Back