The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

el33t said:
when did you check that man?.i checked today...quoting 26K Alfa with bill...just out of curiosity i checked another store next to alfa and he quotes 28K with bill :S

Yesterday dude. and the guy told me that the mobile will take another 4-5 days....

At this price point I am out of the race. I have already doubled my initial budget of 10K for this mobile but now it doesnt seem to be worth the wait:S

Nokia has proved it again...:no:

if 24-28k is true , then im getting mine from dubai next week.....like i posted earlier 1440dh for normal 1 yr warranty and 1515 dh for 2yrs and extras....

i hope my source doesnt give kulti and cancel his plans for coming down :mad:

but is the warranty applicable in India.

What do one (read I :D) need to pay in case I want one

Also do check if the version is 3G enabled or not???

Reportedly the initial batch in US is 2G only.

motorheadinc said:

already quoted in my other replies na :no: not applicable in India ofcourse.....warranty applicable in dubai only...u need to have sources who run up and down dubai every 2-3 months if u need to take full advantage of it....would check on the 2G/3G part.....i guess i can ask my pal to bring in 5-6pieces :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: and sell them here on TE. :bleh: :bleh: :bleh:

OT : someone should check the printed MRP on the Nokia 5800 and see whats printed .......

motorheadinc said:
@ Hanzy: Go ahead start a GO... :)

till yesterday i could have got ATLEAST 3 of those flown down :no: :no: :no:

OT : someone should check the printed MRP on the Nokia 5800 and see whats printed .......if it was said 20000 then why the premium :O can someone check on that !!!

motorheadinc said:

Hanzy is talking about getting the phone from Dubai, where does the US come in here?
The 5800XM will launch in the 1st quarter of 2008 in US while it has already been launched in Dubai.
Actually the 3G service in the US works in a different band than the rest of the world(I think it is the 850Mhz band in USA) and Nokia phones dont sell so much in US. So Nokia takes some time to release phones which are compliant with the 3G service available there. So most of the time either the non-3G version or a phone which supports the 3G service available in the rest of the world is made available there. Either way the people there are unable to use 3G there.

motorheadinc said:
I have a very specific question:

Does Symbian S60 support Skype or a similar VOIP and will it work through GRPS/EDGE network???

Yes it works :eek:hyeah: . I have used skype on my N73 over an EDGE network.

Edit: Actually, I couldn't install the skype application. Instead I used "fring" and logged in to skype from that.

Saw an advertisement in the papers yesterday.. a mobile shop is offering live demo of the 5800 in chennai. Will check it out if i'm able to go there..

anyone used the phone yet? i wanna know how responsive the touchscreen is. thats the only thing important now. it has everything else i want! :p

lol, some posts really do crack me up a bit.

Why are you even bothering about the price rumours? There are 3-4 shops here in Mumbai who have the grey market piece and they are trying to sell it at 25k by telling people with bill it will come to 28k. And they are telling that just to make quick buck by selling these imported phones before official pieces roll out in market.

MRP of the phone has been confirmed by nokia india, so why are you guys still troubling your brains with that?

When the local phones are available( which is not the case yet ), you will see the MRP sticker on the box itself. If there is no such sticker, that means its not the official piece even if shop is selling it with bill.

Shripad said:
lol, some posts really do crack me up a bit.

Why are you even bothering about the price rumours? There are 3-4 shops here in Mumbai who have the grey market piece and they are trying to sell it at 25k by telling people with bill it will come to 28k. And they are telling that just to make quick buck by selling these imported phones before official pieces roll out in market.

MRP of the phone has been confirmed by nokia india, so why are you guys still troubling your brains with that?

When the local phones are available( which is not the case yet ), you will see the MRP sticker on the box itself. If there is no such sticker, that means its not the official piece even if shop is selling it with bill.

exactly, well put.

if you check out anks 5800 pics, his box clearly shows that it has been imported from UAE.

What happened to the beta launch of Nokia India Music Store which was scheduled to happen on 18th December?

Doesn't seem to have launched ??

I went to Alfa market yesterday and they dont have 5800 in stock..According to them stock will be available after 2 days.

Price- Around 24500.
:( :(

pisen said:
:(

yea.. it seems like the price is going to be set on the higher side :mad:

Too much hype :no:

Why cant everyone just wait for official boxes to be out and then confirm pricing? When Nokia has officially announced a certain price in the media, what makes you think the retailer is correct when he quotes a higher price considering its not like he has a box with a higher printed price in his possession? :p

Back