The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Re: Nokia 5800 XpressMusic Official Price Announced !!

Kool. I m still awaiting a call here :(

Will register again with a different dealer.

For those for whom the pre-book link is taking a long time to load or doesn't load at all, here is a link that takes u straight to the pre-book page.

Nokia 5800 XpressMusic

PhOeNiX said:
Kool. I m still awaiting a call here :(
Will register again with a different dealer.

Yes do that.
I had registered with Borivali NPD yesterday. Haven't got a call till now from them.
Re-registered with Fort NPD today morning.... got a call within 2 minutes of pressing the "register" button !!! :clap:

And I am not exaggerating when I say 2 minutes :hap2:

I got a call too after prebooking, the guy says mostly it will be around 21k but it might be lower too, also we can safely book it any branch since the pricing would remain same in all the branches listed on the prebooking site....also the prebooking package would have something extra than the retail package which would be available later.....

Edit : I guess all of this has already been discussed in the other Mumbai only thread, so the prebooking package would contain a senn HP for sure????

Edit : I guess all of this has already been discussed in the other Mumbai only thread, so the prebooking package would contain a senn HP for sure????

The FOR SURE part is not guaranteed. Will confirm today and post here.

hanzy said:
ok , doing the same as u said in pm ;).....I just spoke to my phone 20 mins back :lol: ...xxxcellent sound clarity........its cominggggggggggg
Btw , went to buy the N78 as well......Price range 12350-12600 .....highest is alfa at 12.6......a guy dint believe the price he was seeing ! :lol: :lol:.....will buy it in this coming week

:O :O N78 for 12.6k?

Why is the confusion in price between Rs.19990 & Rs.21800 ?

Is it solely due to VAT? I think VAT is 4% so that doesn't explain this difference.

Even when Nokia MD announced the phone in November, some sites (& our very own IceFusion) reported Rs.19990. Whereas some sites reported the price as Rs.21800.

Even now it seems the price in Delhi is Rs.19990 whereas elsewhere its Rs.21800.

@IceFusion: Can you throw some light on this ?

lol.... simply put.... 21800 is the official MRP of the phone..... whereas 19990 is the MOP of the phone...

I.e at NPD's and some places people would sell the phone at its MRP that is 21839 to be precise.... whereas other might sell it at a market operating price that jumps up to 19990 atleast for the first few weeks of the phone's launch.

Depends on shop to shop....

With the preorder hype on... i have got 3 diffrent rates frmo 3 diffrent NPD's about the phone already :)

@Icey - can you confirm those prices? Are they with the Sennheiser bundle ? And, is it inclusive of VAT ? Do let me know so i can start haggling here :p

PhOeNiX said:
@Icey - can you confirm those prices? Are they with the Sennheiser bundle ? And, is it inclusive of VAT ? Do let me know so i can start haggling here :p

YGPM :p ++++++++++

When is the phone expected to be available at shops other than NPDs?

1 NPD told me that the first lot will come on 3rd Jan.... then the 2nd lot will come on 15th Jan..... both these lots will only come to NPDs.

Then from Feb onwards the phone will be available at other non-NPD shops like MobileStore.

Not sure how much truth is there in this.

@ IceFusion: Interesting to note that u have got different offers from different NPDs. I wud have expected atleast all NPDs to charge uniform MRP rate.

just bought nokia E71 from nokia showroom in pune. They had 5800 on display and quoted a price of 22K.

anywayz i'm happy with my E71 ;)

There will not be any further delay the Nokia 5800 XpressMusic will be available in January 2009:)

Nokia 5800 will be Yours on January 4, 2009 & that's,only if you have booked the 5800 through the pre-booking channel, says a Nokia representative:p

"The phone will hit retail stores on January 25," says a Nokia Priority dealer in Navi Mumbai. We're not sure if this indicates pan-India availability, since there's no official word about this from the company.

Nokia 5800 has been priced at Rs. 21,800.

Source:Techtree

Now that we are almost certain that the people who have pre-booked would be getting the phone by 1st week of Jan, any idea about the 'comes with music' service? There was a beta launch which was supposed to happen on Dec 18th, right?
Any info on this guys?

Back