The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

^^There is a definite improvement in audio quality.

I was able to solve my earlier problem by deleting the images from my memory card and then copying them again to the memory card after changing the file names. And now when I click photos using my camera, I dont get the same bug. Seems like its just a one-off case. Strange...

Guys having 5800 plz help me, I need a phone for using internet (online Trading. I use sharekhan) and have thought of buying this one. So does Opera Mini run on 5800 without problems(as sharekhan opens only in Opera not in nokia browser), does it run properly in landscape mode?.

How many of the bugs have been fixed till now? Can you give me a number like 60%, 70%?

And whats the current Mumbai price?

Hitman47 said:
Guys having 5800 plz help me, I need a phone for using internet (online Trading. I use sharekhan) and have thought of buying this one. So does Opera Mini run on 5800 without problems(as sharekhan opens only in Opera not in nokia browser), does it run properly in landscape mode?.

How many of the bugs have been fixed till now? Can you give me a number like 60%, 70%?

And whats the current Mumbai price?
1.yes, you can run operamini full-screen on it with out any problem.:eek:hyeah:
2.yes, it runs properly in landscape mode.:hap2:
3.almost 90% of bugs have been fixed.:clap:
great value for money phone. buy it if you like touchscreen phones;).

^^Can u confirm if opera mini 4.2 runs in landscape mode bcoz i read on net that latest one has disabled landscape for 5800? Also there were scrolling problems in Opera on 5800xm. How do u enter text, usernames, passwords in webpages in opera? does this phone show up a virtual keyboard for this?

and mumbai price please! thanks

% :( :( :(

Screwed my phone trying to update via NSU. After 2 hours of the 120MB Download, the fone gave an error when trying to update the firmware on the phone, saying connection lost. So now, will have to go to the care centre tomorrow :( Any other alternatives ?

Hitman47 said:
^^Can u confirm if opera mini 4.2 runs in landscape mode bcoz i read on net that latest one has disabled landscape for 5800? Also there were scrolling problems in Opera on 5800xm. How do u enter text, usernames, passwords in webpages in opera? does this phone show up a virtual keyboard for this?

i had reinstalled it directly from website to mo. 3 days back and it is working fine in landscape mode . you can also use normal operamini with some virtual keypad.
yes, sometimes while scrolling it closes itself. but very few times.
regarding entering text etc. you have to touch at that place and virtual keypad pops up to write( same as sms).
don't no mumbai price (may be around 17K). here it is for 16.7K

I have used this phone for about four months and there are loads of bugs in this phone, v21 soft update solved half of them but still dis phone is a little slow neways i just installed the v30 hope it'll resolve the remaining issues

And i had a query does intalling themes on 5800 xm slow it down a bit or harms the phone in ne way?? because it caused erratic behaviour in my phone like my phone reboots automatically and switches off automatically and didnt show call history, i went to nokia care and they flashed the firmware and after that i'm not able to play the preloaded content.

Also can i get the body of my phone changed to some other colour?? Also the nokia care ppl at kota told me they could not help me with the preloaded content. Pls help. N also tell me does the v30 of the firmware fixes any bugs or improves any funtionality??

K sry didnt se the post in the previous pages as i strted frm pg 1 and then went upto 20 or 30 den skipped to the last page........ Read it just now..... Neways will test the audio quality now.... Is it just with me or connecting the earplugs via the nokia microphone the black square thing with the buttons really improve the audio quality, i use the creative ep630...

I am not sure whether phoenix will screw it again and void the warranty. If you have warranty, definitely it is better to take it to nokia care.

Whatever it is, they will also flash the phone.:eek:hyeah:

PhOeNiX said:
% :( :( :(

Screwed my phone trying to update via NSU. After 2 hours of the 120MB Download, the fone gave an error when trying to update the firmware on the phone, saying connection lost. So now, will have to go to the care centre tomorrow :( Any other alternatives ?

ayu135 said:
i went to nokiacare and they flashed the firmware and after that i'm not able to play the preloaded content.

Also the nokia care ppl at kota told me they could not help me with the preloaded content. Pls help.

It happened because preloaded content keys were lost due to Firmware flashing. I had the same problem and i got all the keys after searching a lot. However if you require all keys PM me, i will send you. I have no problem attaching here but i think mods will not allow it.

Hitman47 said:

It works absolutely fine in landscape mode.. See teh screenshot...

scr000002z.jpg

And yes it shows virtual keyboard to enter the text etc. :)

Back