The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

A quick question to all 5800 owners. Are the major bugs fixed with newer firmware? I'm looking to buy it for mainly internet usage, and a bit of music. I know music isn't a problem on this phone. And what about availability of touch apps?

vvikas said:
music is best among nokia phones.:eek:hyeah:

there are many touch apps and growing day by day.:hap2:

almost all bugs are fixed now.:D

Nice to hear this.. Got mine yesterday with v21. :) Will update it now!! :hap2:

Hells_Fury said:
Is everyone able to update their phones? I am not able to find any updates through NSU and even through FOTA

Yup its not official yet.. :hap5:

EDIT: News just came from trustworthy UK sources, that this is now available officially via FOTA in UK!!!

EDIT 2: It is now available officially in India too!! I is updating now!!! :D:D

What i observed...

1.) UI is faster

2.) More RAM on startup

3.) Smaller font

4.) Volume control appears when u touch the screen in music player.

5.) New icons like for "My Nokia" and "App. Update"

6.) The theme effects are altered a bit in the default theme

Post more, if u noticed any..

So, for the first time since I bought my phone, which is on v11 rigth now, I got a msg stating there is infact an upgrade, it is v30, so I dload and install it, the phone restarts, and it says the software is not compatible with the phone ?!!

Any of you faced this issue?

Jasku said:
So, for the first time since I bought my phone, which is on v11 rigth now, I got a msg stating there is infact an upgrade, it is v30, so I dload and install it, the phone restarts, and it says the software is not compatible with the phone ?!!

Any of you faced this issue?

Thats weird.. :S I Never faced such issue..

Im facing a weired problem with my phone,
when i go to the all songs selection after restarting my phone it shows all the songs, but as soon as i play 1 song half of the songs dissappear, but after click any one of those which are left, it still plays song from the start of the playlist, ie the songs that are not visible, i've just updated the firmware but it was no help in solving this problem.

Please Help

TIA
Suhayl

suhayl said:
Im facing a weired problem with my phone,
when i go to the all songs selection after restarting my phone it shows all the songs, but as soon as i play 1 song half of the songs dissappear, but after click any one of those which are left, it still plays song from the start of the playlist, ie the songs that are not visible, i've just updated the firmware but it was no help in solving this problem.

Please Help

TIA
Suhayl
try to update it again with card removed. after update insert the card.
this may help.

Anyone who have upgraded to v30 can confirm whether there is any increase in loudspeaker volume during calls.
Mine was loud on v11, but the upgrade to v21 made my loudspeaker volume very low.

Its no harm in upgrading .. also i never felt the loudspeaker volume go down .. they did some changes with the music player, coz i had to re calibrate the equalizer wrt my headphone .. rest i noticed some minor but essential bug fixes :)

Strangely enough, official Nokia site still says there is no update available for my phone, but i have already updated 2 days ago.. :|

hmmh.jpg

Back