The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Having problems with the touch...

at ne time automatically the touch shifts to the right side of the phone...

i.e. what evr i touch, the scroll bar is pressed...

i even opened up the phone, found nothing.

this kinda behavior is noticed only sometimes..rest of the times it works fine..

going to nokia care 2 mrw...

jus thinking if this doesnt happen thr, how will i explain this problem to them...

Any suggestion on this.. ??

RamPagE said:

this kinda behavior is noticed only sometimes..rest of the times it works fine..

jus thinking if this doesnt happen thr, how will i explain this problem to them...

record it !!! on a digicam or another cellphone and show it !!!

RamPagE said:

Try to Re-Callibrate the screen.

hotshot05 said:
Try to Re-Callibrate the screen.

did everything .... but nothing seemed to work...

I showed it to the nokia care...
He told me that it might be due to the gap in the right top corner..

I told him that this kinda gap is present in every 5800 out in the market,
luckily there was one more 5800 guy in the nokia care..confirmed it from his cell phone..

Luckily the phone showed up the touch problem there...

7-10 days of repair time is given to me..shit.. :mad: :mad:
and also no standby phone given.. :( :(

I am completely let down with my bad luck and also nokia care...

In the job card comments- that stupid nokia care guy wrote -
huge gap in cover, scatched body..

Donno y has he written scratched body...as gloss paint catches up with evn the slightest of scratches..This thing must hv been seen by even u guys..
Thr wr only vry minor scratches..
I am just afarid...that if they scratch up the body during repair..how would I claim..??? :( :(

I hope the phone doesnt gets repaired...and I get a brand new phone in exchange...
As I dont trust nokia care people at all...

Is there any other procedure to get the phone replaced... ???
Help me out.. :huh:

so lots of people have the 5800 here. i have 2 of them, i want to activate the songs on the phone, nokia so called says they have given a scratch card which unlocks the songs but i did not get in either one of them. anyways to do this i dont want to delete the songs as my dad wants them

@ RamPagE .. hope they do it for free. .. I faced the exact bloody problem with my set after i returned back home from Mumbai. I re-calibrated, re-formatted, got uber pissed and gave the phone to Nokia Care .. those retards found out its a hardware fault (the connecting wire of the touch screen was damaged), and it'll not be covered by Nokia warranty ... i was like WTF !!!! Since the earpiece thing happened to everybody its covered under warranty, and since i'm special enough to face such a problem i dont get the damm warranty .. i when on ranting for an hour for a simple answer, just asked them to retrace back the problem and prove its due to my fault. They simply didn't want to listen. Hats off to Nokia, i don't even get warranty for a 2 month old phone. I eventually had to pay a premium and make them replace the whole darn thing, that too this time they slightly mis aligned the screen guard ...

Enuf of Nokia bullshit, next time i get the phone from Planet M or Mobile Store, atleast i can whoop their ass as long as i have a warranty ... man i'm so depressed right now, i'd sell off my phone :( ..

PS : Ironically it felt so much better to use my N73 for the few days .. atleast it doesn't feel like a low quality plastic phone .. OMG .. what was nokia thinking when making the shell for this otherwise excellent phone .. they took some good specs, and implemented with low quality materials so we end up paying extra for getting the up and running properly ;; i'm like wtf :p ...

@ RamPagE .. hope they do it for free. .. I faced the exact bloody problem with my set after i returned back home from Mumbai. I re-calibrated, re-formatted, got uber pissed and gave the phone to Nokia Care .. those retards found out its a hardware fault (the connecting wire of the touch screen was damaged), and it'll not be covered by Nokia warranty ... i was like WTF !!!! Since the earpiece thing happened to everybody its covered under warranty, and since i'm special enough to face such a problem i dont get the damm warranty .. i when on ranting for an hour for a simple answer, just asked them to retrace back the problem and prove its due to my fault. They simply didn't want to listen. Hats off to Nokia, i don't even get warranty for a 2 month old phone. I eventually had to pay a premium and make them replace the whole darn thing, that too this time they slightly mis aligned the screen guard ...

Enuf of Nokia bullshit, next time i get the phone from Planet M or Mobile Store, atleast i can whoop their ass as long as i have a warranty ... man i'm so depressed right now, i'd sell my phone off :( ..

PS : Ironically it felt so much better to use my N73 for the few days .. atleast it doesn't feel like a low quality plastic phone .. OMG .. what was nokia thinking when making the shell for this otherwise excellent phone .. they took some good specs, and implemented with low quality materials so we end up paying extra for getting the up and running properly ;; i'm like wtf :p ...

RamPagE said:
Donno y has he written scratched body...as gloss paint catches up with evn the slightest of scratches..This thing must hv been seen by even u guys..

Thr wr only vry minor scratches..

I am just afarid...that if they scratch up the body during repair..how would I claim..???

I hope the phone doesnt gets repaired...and I get a brand new phone in exchange...

As I dont trust nokia care people at all...

Is there any other procedure to get the phone replaced... ???

Help me out..

I pretty much asked the same thing when i went back after 10 days .. How can those guys guarantee it was not done after i submitted the phone, as the phone was not opened in front of me during submission. They will simply remain silent and speak only to point if the job has to be paid for. Our necessity, their gain ... bad business ...

Thnx for ur support...a bit relieved now..as someone else in this world has the same problem as I am facing..:(

Thats sad to know that you had to pay for the repairs...

Ill do whatevr possible..to get the warranty..if this is the fault..

Lets see wat happens..

Btw what amount did u pay ??

deathvirus_me said:

Enuf of Nokia bullshit, next time i get the phone from Planet M or Mobile Store, atleast i can whoop their ass as long as i have a warranty ... man i'm so depressed right now, i'd sell off my phone :( ..

Enuf of Nokia bullshit, next time i get the phone from Planet M or Mobile Store, atleast i can whoop their ass as long as i have a warranty ... man i'm so depressed right now, i'd sell my phone off :( ..

I pretty much asked the same thing when i went back after 10 days .. How can those guys guarantee it was not done after i submitted the phone, as the phone was not opened in front of me during submission. They will simply remain silent and speak only to point if the job has to be paid for. Our necessity, their gain ... bad business ...

After I upgraded the firmware to v21, I find that the "Reject" & "Silence" buttons on the screen when a call comes in have been interchanged.

Is this normal?

Are you saying that the positions are interchanged in the way that you get "silence" in the square box and "reject" as a rectangular one. hope you got me. If it is the above, I am also having the same positions. (I am on v21)

nikeel said:
After I upgraded the firmware to v21, I find that the "Reject" & "Silence" buttons on the screen when a call comes in have been interchanged.

Is this normal?

mathew_p_a said:
Are you saying that the positions are interchanged in the way that you get "silence" in the square box and "reject" as a rectangular one. hope you got me. If it is the above, I am also having the same positions. (I am on v21)

Yes. It is exactly the same way as you mention.
In the previous version (v11) it was the reverse.

RamPagE said:
Thnx for ur support...a bit relieved now..as someone else in this world has the same problem as I am facing..:(

Thats sad to know that you had to pay for the repairs...

Ill do whatevr possible..to get the warranty..if this is the fault..

Lets see wat happens..

Btw what amount did u pay ??

I got my phone today.. they changed the whole touch screen excluding the body..and also changed the front camera + touch screen wire..

Its working fine till now :clap:

I got this cool cover from deal extreme...fits pretty nicely..

NeViLLe said:
hey... anyone noticed a drop in loudspeaker volume while on a call... on the new v21 firmware?

i have noticed the same on my handset but sound is more subtle. earlier it was quite sharp. afa my opinion goes it sounds better now.

Back