The Definitive Nokia 5800XM Thread!!!

Hullo.

Has anyone had this weird problem with SMSes not opening after a firmware update ? I can shift the file location to (e.g.) C: and then it works fine, but with my existing location (the memory card mapped to E:), I can 'see' messages in the Inbox as a list, but the phone won't open any of them.

Free-iSMS can read them, but I find the interface largely eye-candy and not much else (rather drab eye-candy after a bit).

Anyone know how to get the original SMS app up and running again ?

Cheers,
Paradox

DigitalDude said:
I guess there was a limited batch of black/silver available!!! I got one thru ebay (august 2009 stock with bill)

sorry for the crappy pic quality ;) taken with my old k550i

_

unfortunately here at Chennai there is no Black and grey color...:(

Raider123 said:
unfortunately here at Chennai there is no Black and grey color...:(

just checked here at Priority dealer and now Black & Grey version is indeed available and finished the deal for 13550/-...will get the mobile on Monday..:eek:hyeah:

^^^^

cool!!! njoy and don't forget to get a scratch guard for the screen ;)

janitha said:
But doesn't the present model too have GPS?

yes it does.. but i think the navigation edition has lifetime voice guidance license or something like that :D

_

If u hack the firmware (search for an app called HelloOx) , you wont really have to bother about your maps license getting expired ... If you know what i mean ... :eek:hyeah:
DigitalDude said:
^^^^
cool!!! njoy and don't forget to get a scratch guard for the screen ;)

yes it does.. but i think the navigation edition has lifetime voice guidance license or something like that :D

_

paradox said:
Hullo.

Has anyone had this weird problem with SMSes not opening after a firmware update ? I can shift the file location to (e.g.) C: and then it works fine, but with my existing location (the memory card mapped to E:), I can 'see' messages in the Inbox as a list, but the phone won't open any of them.

Free-iSMS can read them, but I find the interface largely eye-candy and not much else (rather drab eye-candy after a bit).

Anyone know how to get the original SMS app up and running again ?

Cheers,
Paradox

The main problem i face is the SMS and contact list scrolling...its horrible..can never scroll to what i want

getting a 5800 (new stock) + sennh. headphones at 13.5k. Planning to buy tomorrow. What do you guys suggest.

P.S. I don't think that I'd be using the TV out feature that often but the extra stylus would have surely helped.

beanstalk_230 said:
getting a 5800 (new stock) + sennh. headphones at 13.5k. Planning to buy tomorrow. What do you guys suggest.

P.S. I don't think that I'd be using the TV out feature that often but the extra stylus would have surely helped.

If you dont care about tv out take it.For the extra stylus its 4-5 days now,I haven't used it a single time,don't think extra stylus would be that handy.

i updated my 5800xm from nokia care center ghatkopar to v31 and now all my maps license is gone any one knows what to do ? before i had 96 days of license left now it shows no license .

cool1 said:
i updated my 5800xm from nokia care center ghatkopar to v31 and now all my maps license is gone any one knows what to do ? before i had 96 days of license left now it shows no license .

Now i have same problem, i had updated firmware from Nokia care and i had lost all my map data, now nokia map has new version ovi maps and it has deleted old map data. I tried to update map data from nokia map loader and it doesnt detect my phone now:(.

maddy_in65 said:
Now i have same problem, i had updated firmware from Nokia care and i had lost all my map data, now nokia map has new version ovi maps and it has deleted old map data. I tried to update map data from nokia map loader and it doesnt detect my phone now:(.

any proper solution:S

Back