The DEXTER thread!

vij said:
When is the next seson starting?
This season just ended, so it's going to be a while now before the next resumes. Showtime hasn't made any official announcement as of now either. Also we didn't see any promo of the next season in this episode.

Amazing finale.Couldn't have asked for more.Yes, the Debrah-Dexter scene was very intense.I thought Dex would goof up with everything going around him.He was juggling way too many people.
Cant wait for Season 5.Anyone has any leads on it, the people who have read the book?It would be just too gripping if what one of the members said came true about Trinity not killing Rita.
I think the next season would put Quin and Masooka in more prominent roles.Quin has started to get doubts about Dexter just like, Doakes did.Masooka is just not the stupid fool of blood analyst he was before.He has become a lot smarter and makes more judgment calls than making dumb jokes.

^^ it would probably make more sense to put in "spoilers" in the thread title.

Btw I wonder if Trinity's family will have anything more to do with the story. Especially the kid. I guess not though.

Gannu said:
Fsking put that damn thing in spoiler quotes damn it! :mad:

hey.. it's already 2 days since the episode is out.I figured all the Dexter fans out here must have already watched.You would definitely know that ppl are going to discuss the episode here.
Neways.. as per the rules, I was supposed to put spoilers.my apologies.

! 0 t A said:
Two more seasons to go. :hap2:
Says who? Its not like the series is religiously following the book. Besides, there can always be more books. I think Dexter is here to stay.

Also, I am pretty positive that Season 5 will not have anything to do with Trinity or Trinity's family, as is the case with Dexter, there is always a new plot every season. Also, I am pretty sure that Debra will find out who Dexter really is, now that she knows about his history, it would be stupid to not let her find out about Dexter's true identity. Now what she does with it is a different story.

Rita's Death is confirmed as the actress who plays Rita "Julie Benz" has left the show to venture into Hollywood. She is rumored to star in Rambo 5.

Yeah, with all the stuff that happened in the finale I don't think they are going to need Doakes to sense that there is something fishy about Dexter :D

Bluffmaster said:
Says who? Its not like the series is religiously following the book. Besides, there can always be more books. I think Dexter is here to stay.

Says SHOWTIME.

Can't quote sources, but thats the word. Rite now only 2 more seasons have been ordered.

In other news. . .

Dexter marries Debra. As they are not blood related siblings :rofl:

Would be great if they go for the Astor-Cody training angle in the next season, but I think it is too graphic for television, or they would have already done it, as it is one of the most compelling Dexter related storylines around.
IMO, the next season will have a supernatural tinge to it, with Dexter being shown as something sub-human, or some other entity within him, as this is as yet unexplored on screen.

Uriel said:
Would be great if they go for the Astor-Cody training angle in the next season, but I think it is too graphic for television, or they would have already done it, as it is one of the most compelling Dexter related storylines around.
IMO, the next season will have a supernatural tinge to it, with Dexter being shown as something sub-human, or some other entity within him, as this is as yet unexplored on screen.

The show takes many liberties over the books. It was inappropriate to use the Astor/Cody angle before because Rita was still around and they were too young to be groomed anyways. But now I am sure they are going to get mentally unstable which will force Dexter to groom them in order to keep them safe as they are Dexter's responsibility now.

I hope and pray that Dexter doesn't have any supernatural angle as that would completely ruin the show as it did the books.
@Iota: Just because Showtime has ordered only 2 seasons so far doesn't mean that the show is going to end after 2 seasons. In the end it all comes down to ratings, if the show continues to impress, we may see it for many more years.

Bluffmaster said:
The show takes many liberties over the books. It was inappropriate to use the Astor/Cody angle before because Rita was still around and they were too young to be groomed anyways. But now I am sure they are going to get mentally unstable which will force Dexter to groom them in order to keep them safe as they are Dexter's responsibility now.

I hope and pray that Dexter doesn't have any supernatural angle as that would completely ruin the show as it did the books.

I agree with this.With that annoying Rita gone, Dexter is the only one who would be taking care of the kids.But since he doesn't know everything about raising human beings, he would do it in his own way of grooming.
But I have a hunch.I think Deb is gonna move in with Dex to take care of the kids, or atleast give a helping hand in trying to take care of the kids.The 3rd child is only like a n year old or something.So Deb might step in, though doubtful of her parenting skills.

Also, even I hope there is not supernatural angle to this.

! 0 t A said:
Says SHOWTIME.

Can't quote sources, but thats the word. Rite now only 2 more seasons have been ordered.

In other news. . .

Dexter marries Debra. As they are not blood related siblings :rofl:

well they are married in real life arent they ??

right now iam on season 2 episode 7 and i must say the show is AWESOME love it

Back