The DEXTER thread!

This season is a bit wobbly in terms of consistency. It really has some high points, but has some real downers. For example, yesterdays episode had a great performance from Michael C Hall. His bonding with Lumen, recalling his loss of Rita, intensity while
killing Cole
etc. turned out to be one of the fine moments. I hate the Quinn hooking up with Deb part and the tension drawing up between Laguerta and Batista. It's turning out to be a complete mess.

^ Agreed.

I just finished watching all previous season and now following current season... but the current season really has too many highs and lows, kinda breaks the viewer's consistency. Sometimes I really don't understand Deb's choice of men, I mean by now you would think she has learned better... given her consistent fiasco on relationship front. But for some reason I don't get Dexter and Lumen's bonding. I get Lumen's experience and her insistence on finding the men who did that to her, but she seems like trading on thin border of going psychotic killer without reasoning.

Although I guess if she does that, she'll end up being on Dexter's table. Question is, if Dex develops relationship with her, will he be able to do it? :p

Laguerta is a b**ch. AGREED!

Never thought she would suspend Deb all because of this mess that she had started. Oh and this Liddy guy is going to be in a lot of trouble towards the end of the show.

:|

iGo said:
^ Agreed.

I just finished watching all previous season and now following current season... but the current season really has too many highs and lows, kinda breaks the viewer's consistency. Sometimes I really don't understand Deb's choice of men, I mean by now you would think she has learned better... given her consistent fiasco on relationship front. But for some reason I don't get Dexter and Lumen's bonding. I get Lumen's experience and her insistence on finding the men who did that to her, but she seems like trading on thin border of going psychotic killer without reasoning.

Although I guess if she does that, she'll end up being on Dexter's table. Question is, if Dex develops relationship with her, will he be able to do it? :p

I'm not sure what Dexter feels towards Lumen. He tells her his life's story, which he hasn't revealed to a lot of people. He finds comfort in knowing that Lumen has is as broken as he is, from the inside. This could also be his way of coping with Rita's loss and Cody and Astor's leaving with their grand parents. He has only Harrison and Deb who connect him to reality. The way he hands over
Cole's blood sample glass
to Lumen, is suggestive that he wants to really see Lumen heal and that in turn gives him his purpose back. Remember the line he says?
"When I was a child, my mother was murdered in front of me, and it...shattered me. I've done this ever since. Because for the longest time, it was the only way I could feel...Unbroken. And then, Rita was killed and none of this made sense anymore, until now.

This is what it's all about. It's like Jordan Chase says "When the primal self is shattered, it reaches out in search of what will make it whole again." :)

Hmmm... my fingers itching to click on that spoiler "show" button, but I'm in midst of 8th episode right now. :p

So far in the episode... I agree, Laguerta is a beech. Even I thought she would be a better person now and take one for the team instead of sticking to her politics, then again, it was quite evident that she was going to do something like that from the last episode when she flatly denied it being her fault/mis-judgement to Batista's face.

EDIT:

Awesome ending... It would be interesting to see how Dex deals with Jordan Chase, it's going to be very tough to get access to Chase. Oh yeah... and Liddy has stepped in bag lot of hurt.

"The world does not put limitations on what you can have. But if you want something...TAKE IT! You HAVE that power...we are...our own WORST enemy. Make NO mistake about it. Only with a few simple steps, I can teach you how to take CONTROL of your life..take it."

:D

Desecrator said:
"The world does not put limitations on what you can have. But if you want something...TAKE IT! You HAVE that power...we are...our own WORST enemy. Make NO mistake about it. Only with a few simple steps, I can teach you how to take CONTROL of your life..take it."

:D
hehe

:D ..........

Whatever happened to the santa muerte murders. They just completely blew off that angle. At the beginning of this season it looked like those murders were going to be the core angle this season, but seems like midway the writers decided to go with the lumen angle instead. Now, I am not complaining, it has been a pretty interesting season so far but it is a little short on surprises. Its like I can accurately guess whats coming next, this was not the case last season when we couldn't even anticipate what trinity was gonna do next. Overall this has been a pretty good season but like others said, it has been a little inconsistent. Although I didn't really find any of the episodes to be dull.

This season as said by everyone has been a little weird. Anyways, it's all starting to get very intense now. :D

As I said in the other TV Show thread, there's something fishy with the nanny.

I definitely agree on her being hot. :D I like her accent too. :ashamed:

Well,Well , Well... just started Dexter Season 1 ep1 after completing Prison Break and lo here is a thread on TE. Anyways, new to this whole TV series thing. Just started with Prison Break couple of months back & finished . Now to Dexter. Watched 1st episode & it was pretty good. I am still under the influence of Prison Break :)

viralbug said:
This season as said by everyone has been a little weird. Anyways, it's all starting to get very intense now. :D

As I said in the other TV Show thread, there's something fishy with the nanny.

I definitely agree on her being hot. :D I like her accent too. :ashamed:

That I agree :D
You could add trinity from SoA to that list as well.

From what my humble mind has understood, the writers have a firm grasp on the characters. I really don't think that they have deviated in any way -

Debra :

Her character has been consistent since the beginning. She was always shown to be really insecure from inside and tries to look brave outside. She has herself mentioned so many times that if it hadn't been for Dexter, she would have gone off the bend. And she has had a shitty life. Her parents are dead. She can't bond with her brother on an emotional level. She hooked up with a serial killer who almost got her too. Her first true love, Lundy, dies last season. Her sister-in-law is brutally murdered. Her brother is raising an infant single handed, for which she has to babysit many times. Come on, give her a break for being vulnerable and hooking up with Quinn. It's quite logical, since Quinn isn't the creep I thought he was in the last season and seemingly has feelings for her.

Laguerta :

Her character is maturing now. As she has achieved a position of power, she is becoming more and more obsessed with it, like her previous boss, Matthew (IIRC). She even took on the undercover role in order to get Batista out of that mess only because her reputation would be damaged too. That was followed by blaming Debra for everything that went wrong in the undercover operation. It is quite clear where she is heading.

PS: Don't really need the spoiler tags, but putting them just in case. :p

Completed the download from the workplace just now - 10 mbps line + archive.org ftw! Got to get home quick and order some food from the restaurant. :D

I just wish Dexter kills that stupid Lumen soon. .. she is just a big Pain .. and whats up with people calling her hot & all .. I think she is really ugly. .. stupid lumen. :x

Kick ass episode! Now the heat has started building up - as usual with all Dex seasons towards the last few episodes!

Lumen is the new tenant now! :rofl:

Damn, his step-daughter HAS grown up! And her friend looks hawt indeed! :drool2:

Desecrator said:
Kick ass episode! Now the heat has started building up - as usual with all Dex seasons towards the last few episodes!

Lumen is the new tenant now! :rofl:

Damn, his step-daughter HAS grown up! And her friend looks hawt indeed! :drool2:

PEDO ALERT :p

Well yeah they were :p

Back