The "Everyday" show-off thread !

managed to snag one (for a friend) from the PR disaster flipkart is going to face cuz to the hype they want to create haha, I really hope they start a proper pre order rather than this nonsense - anyway .. the phone of the moment - :cool:

View attachment 43899
What Black Magic did you use?? I was waiting on the friggin Countdown screen and was still greeted by Out of Stock as soon as I clicked Buy Now :p

What Black Magic did you use?? I was waiting on the friggin Countdown screen and was still greeted by Out of Stock as soon as I clicked Buy Now :p

hahaha a decent internet connection + dns setup + a logitech g602 :D

btw many had issues .. theres even a youtube video. i really dont know what flipkart/xiaomi r thinking. 150000 orders & 15000 stock!! wtf

@sabby hows the monitor/spec/res? ive been looking to get one... not right away though
The panel is AMVA+, which has much better response time than IPS but color reproduction is much better than TN. The resolution is 1080p, maximum supported refresh rate 75Hz and it is PWM free. The main USP of these panels are the contrast they provide. More than 50% of my usage is watching movie / TV, so that was important for me.
My bad. Is it worth the 2.5k difference? Any major differences or just cosmetic? Even i'm looking to upgrade from a 22" Benq.
I could probably save around 1.5-2k buying from Snapdeal or trying to get it sourced locally. But do not have time to go to market or trust to Snapdeal so ordered from Prime. But yeah, I'd say it is worth the difference over GL2760. The main differences are this model is has much better static contrast, 3000:1 compared to 1000:1, it has audio in and in built speakers (useful for TV) and the profile is very slip with very thin bezel.

Last edited:
Made a Ghetto setup in a hurry for Usual programming and gaming needs.

Intel i3 4360 @3.7GHz
ASRock B71-M HDS mATX board
Some cheap arse 6$ keyboard.
Silverstone 5oow gold rated PSU
2x4GB Corsair XM3 1600 Mhz DDR3 RAM
Acer 24" 1080p Acer G6 Series G246HLAbd Monitor.
1 TB WD Blue Internal HDD.
Rocact Savu Optical Mouse.
Samson MediaOne BT3 Active Studio Monitors with Bluetooth connectivity.

Everything for approx 500$ + tax.
This shall be relegated to HTPC once next gen Broadwells are out.

pics or it didnt happen @blufox hahaha good to see u back bro! how are the samson monitors btw?

and i just did the pre order - :D

2014-08-07 12_53_10-Your Amazon.in order of Xbox One - Copy.png

Last edited:
@toxicdrift , for 90$ they are awesome.
I did not want a passive set as I hate all the clutter to get decent sound.

Bluetooth is flawless and guess what, I forgot 3.5mm to RCA cable and bluetooth saved my day. Just turn on bluetooth on laptop and you are good to go.

I notice that when I reduce in OS sound to like bare minimum and turn speakers full on, I can still hear songs just fine but a mild hiss is there.

I am guessing this is because of crappiest of the crappy sound card's (on my 6 year old Inspiron 1525) incompetence showing up.

May be I will get a decent DAC in future to feed clean sound to Monitors.

PS:- I am not an Audiophile by any standards.

yosemite install done, - the public beta . if ur thinking about using it as ur main o.s id recommend holding on for a bit - unless ur like me and want to tinker around and see the latest / greatest hahaha .. still id not recommend using this as a primary o.s .. very buggy. and slow - even with a 250gb evo ssd + 6gb memory / few things on their way haha more updates soon :)

Is just slow, dark mode doesn't work at all and worse, it screwed up my EFI parition and took out my time machine backup with it.

Is just slow, dark mode doesn't work at all and worse, it screwed up my EFI parition and took out my time machine backup with it.

i agree - even with my 250 evo ssd - the bootup times were really slow . and overall sightly laggy - so changed back to mavericks now, yosemite not ready for primetime yet - maybe once the golden release is out -

now that ive posted. more hoots!

JBL Tempo J03B - (as a gift for a little kid - wifes nephew) their dog tore his earphone cable
so just something for youtube/games/tvshows and some music

IMG_20140808_175418.jpg

Moar space for O.S installs - 2x HP x705w 16GB - amazon.in round 456 each -

IMG_20140809_182909.jpg

Last edited:
Back