The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

^Did you check with a ortho ? Squats you can do at home also without any weights.

:no: Human body is not a PC! If u squat ur legs will get strong, U won't become Tom Platz if u squat, it WILL HELP U RUN/JOG longer without injuries specially if u r overweight... OR loads of injuries are waiting for u my bro :(

Dark Star said:
@RF : Yep will do that but thats for gym. What can I do to make before that ?

Here is what I do . Wake up at 5:30 and run till 6:30 , then at 5pm in the evening I used to cycle at very high speed for more than half an hour .. Will join gym soon once I get my own bike :p

^^lol :p I won't run once I join the gym, since i will be doing all the exercise there :p The current exercise scenario is just to get the stamina level up :p

Edit : @ saiyan : Yes I did show my legs to an ortho and he said its just fine. Don't overdo things and it will be fine :p He was talking crap about some chambers in legs that baffled me :p

Rest fine. So how do I start squatting ? Before running or after it ? Any tips on getting started and how much rep and the correct way to do ? :p

U will have to run once u join the gym as well. Your exercise scenario is sub-standard, leg power will help u run OR ur legs will give up before your cardiovascular system gets in pace! (while jogging!)

Dark Star said:
^^lol :p I won't run once I join the gym, since i will be doing all the exercise there :p The current exercise scenario is just to get the stamina level up :p

Dark Star said:
Edit : @ saiyan : Yes I did show my legs to an ortho and he said its just fine. Don't overdo things and it will be fine :p He was talking crap about some chambers in legs that baffled me :p

What did he mean by overdoing things ?

btw @rockfella, i showed my knee MRI scan to the ortho (two of them infact). Both said there is nothing to worry about, if at there is any damage to the acl it is only very minor. Both told me to strengthen the muscles around the knee and indulge in regular exercise. So i'll starting to workout from tomorrow again without any worries :hap2:

Cool... congrats! Bottom Line: Stronger Ur quads/hams/calves are lesser ur legs will get injured = GET STRONG. One thing is sure: lower back, knees and shoulders should be very strong to avoid any injury FOREVER!

BTW: How much did u pay for each MRI? :huh:

Saiyan said:
What did he mean by overdoing things ?

btw @rockfella, i showed my knee MRI scan to the ortho (two of them infact). Both said there is nothing to worry about, if at there is any damage to the acl it is only very minor. Both told me to strengthen the muscles around the knee and indulge in regular exercise. So i'll starting to workout from tomorrow again without any worries :hap2:

. So how do I start squatting ? Before running or after it ? Any tips on getting started and how much rep and the correct way to do ?

Squat before jogging, do 5 sets of as many reps u can. But this will leave u sore. So u can try 5 sets of 8-10 reps with 90-120 secs rest in between, gradually increase reps every third day. Squat 3 days a week, free hand squat, google for correct form, always warm-up stretch, jog after 10-15mins of squatting.
Dark Star said:
. So how do I start squatting ? Before running or after it ? Any tips on getting started and how much rep and the correct way to do ?

^^Thanks a million :D WIll do that from tomorrow onwards. The minimum will be 10 resp :D

[youtube]gOit1Rfov7I&hd=1[/youtube]

Is this correct for me ?

^ Yes, that is correct. Do trice a week or u won't be able to walk for few days! Go easy!

Start with hands in front as shown in the video then when u get stronger club both your hands @ the back of your head.

55kg squat lost form in the last two sets.
20kg OHP (Started from scratch today, lets see how my shoulder re-acts)
95 kg DLs narrow grip.
Pull-ups : 4 sets 5, 5, 4, 4. (super setted with heavy lat machine pull downs, numbers not increasing on pull-ups damn!)
Prone bridghes 3 x 45 secs

Ok did squatting of 4 sets with 10 reps for today. Felt a little stronger :D

The only downside the legs felt a little tight while running decreasing my running capabilities :p But the best part is that I didn't felt any pain ...

So only 3 days a week ? Can't I do it daily /? Also what else stretching exercise do you recommend :D Thanks a ton :)

Google:

1) Glute activation exercises.

2) Hamstring Stretches.

3) Other lower body stretches.

That tight feeling is because of blood rush into your muscles also called "pump". U can avoid that if u wait for like 30 mins after squatting and then jog. Squating/jogging daily might be counter-productive, try and see if you can handle it. Ideally there should be a gap of one day between your workouts. I used to train till failure 6 days a week and eat like crazy, now i train 3 days eat comparatively lesser, results training 3 days are much more better/faster! Best part: Why train everyday when u get better results doing half the work? hehe :cool2:

Dark Star said:
Ok did squatting of 4 sets with 10 reps for today. Felt a little stronger :D

The only downside the legs felt a little tight while running decreasing my running capabilities :p But the best part is that I didn't felt any pain ...

So only 3 days a week ? Can't I do it daily /? Also what else stretching exercise do you recommend :D Thanks a ton :)

I think i will move on to the smith machine... got no choice.. it is dangerous to clean more weight now... already cleaning 55kg... My next gym will have a power-rack!

Adding dedicated arm workout from next week (in the third workout of the week)

Barbell Curls OR Alternate Dumbell curls 4 sets 6-8.

Skull Cruchers OR Narrow grip bench press OR Lying tricep extensions 4 sets 6-8.

Sets across same weight, weekly weight increase...

The stretching exercise that you told above are meant to be done while lying down on ground. They are perfect for gyms but since I am doing jogging these days (along with exercise) I can't do that on roads :p

Any feasible option for roads. Till today I am doing side stretches , toe touching (the one saiyan told me) lunges , shoulder twisting :p and squats.

The stretching exercise that you told above are meant to be done while lying down on ground. They are perfect for gyms but since I am doing jogging these days (along with exercise) I can't do that on roads ?

Any feasible option for roads. Till today I am doing side stretches , toe touching (the one saiyan told me) and suqats.

Back