The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Hey ... try to follow this: (U can always find indian alternatives for the food mentioned)

Fat Loss 101: How to Lose Fat Fast (with Free Fat Loss Diets) | StrongLifts.com

Nutrition 101: 8 Simple Nutrition Rules to Build Muscle, Lose Fat & Get Stronger | StrongLifts.com

I work so even i find it difficult to follow it 100% however something is better than nothing so i do whatever is possible (carrying lunch boxes to work, drinking water all the time etc)

RKitect said:
Hey RockFella,

needed some advice about my diet. I am not able to have six meals as i am working. can u suggest a 6 meal diet plan. aim to lose fat. PLs suggest What i can have in each meal.

Thanks Rockfella. One more thing i wanted clarified. Is cottage cheese the same as the paneer we get in shops. Is Paneer a viable option when losing fat is the aim.

What is the diet plan do u follow. If you dont mind can u share what things u carry int he lunch box ?

I am not 100% sure about cheese, will let u know later. My diet plan might not suit you and to be honest i am experimentig with my food intake. I take 2-3 boiled chicken breasts 5 boiled eggs, 2-3 rotis and spinach (YES :no:i gulp it down yuks! :() on the workout days i carry extra oats + milk (full toned, though whole milk is best for strength GOMAD!) in my lunch box... drink water whenever possible. I try to eat every 3-4 hours and i am seldom hungry. Even then my results are slow 'coz i don't bench press/overheadpress due to shoulder injury as of now. I sold 50% of my PC components to get of PC addiction, i try to sleep as much as i can, i don't sit on the PC for long hours anymore and i am glad i sold my gaming gpu, overkill knick knacks and the extra bunch of hdds i had with 500+ movies i hardly watched. :lol:
RKitect said:
Thanks Rockfella. One more thing i wanted clarified. Is cottage cheese the same as the paneer we get in shops. Is Paneer a viable option when losing fat is the aim.
What is the diet plan do u follow. If you dont mind can u share what things u carry int he lunch box ?

Morning eye openers

Here are some more unfortunate truths: • Your muscles cannot get “longer†without some rather radical orthopedic surgery. • Muscles don’t get leaner—you do. • There is no such thing as “firming and toning.†There is only stronger and weaker. • The vast majority of women cannot get large, masculine muscles from barbell training. If it were that easy, I would have them. • Women who do look like men have taken some rather drastic steps in that direction that have little to do with their exercise program. • Women who claim to be afraid to train hard because they “always bulk up too much†are often already pretty bulky, or “skinny fat†(thin but weak and deconditioned) and have found another excuse to continue life sitting on their butts. • Only people willing to work to the point of discomfort on a regular basis using effective means to produce that discomfort will actually look like they have been other-than-comfortable most of the time. • You can thank the muscle magazines for these persistent misconceptions, along with the natural tendency of all normal humans to seek reasons to avoid hard physical exertion!

- Mark Rippetoe.

Morning eye opener :p

Here are some more unfortunate truths: • Your muscles cannot get “longer†without some rather radical orthopedic surgery. • Muscles don’t get leaner—you do. • There is no such thing as “firming and toning.†There is only stronger and weaker. • The vast majority of women cannot get large, masculine muscles from barbell training. If it were that easy, I would have them. • Women who do look like men have taken some rather drastic steps in that direction that have little to do with their exercise program. • Women who claim to be afraid to train hard because they “always bulk up too much†are often already pretty bulky, or “skinny fat†(thin but weak and deconditioned) and have found another excuse to continue life sitting on their butts. • Only people willing to work to the point of discomfort on a regular basis using effective means to produce that discomfort will actually look like they have been other-than-comfortable most of the time. • You can thank the muscle magazines for these persistent misconceptions, along with the natural tendency of all normal humans to seek reasons to avoid hard physical exertion!

- Mark Rippetoe.

Any workouts that I can do at home? Anything basic? Don't really have barbells etc available, and can't join the gym for a couple of months (exams etc). What can I do with some dumbells, and a hanging bar. At the moment, my basic strength is zero. Can hardly do pushups.

Rockfella,need tips on making protein shakes,cant afford those whey protein from outside.

Any way I can make myself at home which would be effective enough to take after workout?

And what are oats called in marathi/hindi ? :p

Be careful while you do your weighted squats, overhead presses and deadlifts guys.I didn't follow proper technique and have landed up with lower back injury.And with most of us being in the IT field, we are half way through having lordosis if we are not careful.

Yesterday was doing weighted squats using the bar and one smartass trainer came and was lecturing me that it is not good, it won't workout your leg muscles and asked me to do it in the smith machine. I said i know what i am doing :p

Funny how he was telling me that i can do more weights in the smith machine :lol:

Squats, push-ups, pull-ups, chin-ups, reverse crunches and prone bridges. Start with beginner push-ups with knees on the ground.

Abh1shek said:
Any workouts that I can do at home? Anything basic? Don't really have barbells etc available, and can't join the gym for a couple of months (exams etc). What can I do with some dumbells, and a hanging bar. At the moment, my basic strength is zero. Can hardly do pushups.

Laters.. can't think of anything right now .... :ashamed:

sahilshah1987 said:
Rockfella,need tips on making protein shakes,cant afford those whey protein from outside.

Any way I can make myself at home which would be effective enough to take after workout?

And what are oats called in marathi/hindi ? :p

That's right but if u do them correctly all the ****ed-up things will un-**** themselves! :rofl:

raptor3624 said:
Be careful while you do your weighted squats, overhead presses and deadlifts guys.I didn't follow proper technique and have landed up with lower back injury.And with most of us being in the IT field, we are half way through having lordosis if we are not careful.

Ask him to **** himself off, people in the gyms (all over the world) believe in this myth, u know it all bro :cool2::)

Saiyan said:
Yesterday was doing weighted squats using the bar and one smartass trainer came and was lecturing me that it is not good, it won't workout your leg muscles and asked me to do it in the smith machine. I said i know what i am doing :p

Funny how he was telling me that i can do more weights in the smith machine :lol:

Certain misinformed and so-called “personal trainers†will have people squat in a smith machine, which is, quite simply, an idea both hideous and destructive. This is often done under the misguided “squat this way until you are strong enough to perform a regular squat†premise. Even if one overlooks the obvious fact that it is better to learn to do something right than build bad habits from the start, there are numerous other factors to be considered. The smith machine stabilizes the bar for the lifter, which does not teach the skill of balancing the bar, balance being important to any athlete, as well as the fact that free weight squatting strengthens the synergists which goes a long way to preventing injuries. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link, and the smith machine leaves far too many weak links. To say nothing of the fact that free weights provide a greater transfer of functional strength than machines. (23)Furthermore, the bar moves straight up and down, and very few people squat in this manner, which means that the smith machine does not fit a lifters optimal strength curve. (24) The smith machine also requires that the lifter either squats with his torso much closer to vertical than would be done with a real squat, which mechanically decreases the involvement of both the spinal erectors and the hamstrings. While this would be fine if it was done by the lifters muscular control, when the smith machine does this it is disadvantageous to the lifter by virtue of decreasing the ability of the hamstrings to protect the knee Joint. Another mistake made, aside from simply using it in the first place, is allow the knees to drift forward over the toes, the chance of which is increased by the smith machine. As was previously mentioned, this greatly increases the shearing force on the knees. This from a device touted by the ignorant as “safe.â€

Saiyan said:

Hey Saiyan,

Do the olympic squat not the power squat. High bar not low bar. Google for details. :cool2:

Saiyan said:

For those who think weight training is dangerous:

safec.jpg

So what else tips you got for me ? I have reduced substantial weight :D

Kudos to your squat tips I don't feel pain any-more while/after running :d Current scenario 12 X 5 :)

Apart from that any side reducing tips ? Although its gone there is still some flab left which I want to remove :p

Quit eating rice, reduce consumption of roti to 2 max in lunch only, if u feel hungry eat dal/veggies/salad but don't starve yourself ever. If possible give HIIT a shot. Warm up for 5 mins/mild jog/stretches then sprint for 20 secs , rest for 60 seconds X 4 times. Do it 3 times a week. See if u can handle it, it is HIIT, much more effective in fat loss but is very intensive and might injure u so go slow and do @ your own risk. Fortune favours the brave :cool2: :hap2:

PS: Sprint should be as fast as u can go... run as if a rabid dog is chasing u to bite u. Manage how u will calculate 20 secs time, a stop watch with a loud beep after 20 secs would be best. Don't stop squatting, start squatting with a barbell now, do 5 sets of 5 reps 3 times a week and add w2.5kg weight everytime u squat OR u will loose strength and u don't want that trust me :)

Dark Star said:
So what else tips you got for me ? I have reduced substantial weight :D

Kudos to your squat tips I don't feel pain any-more while/after running :d Current scenario 12 X 5 :)

Apart from that any side reducing tips ? Although its gone there is still some flab left which I want to remove :p

Guys, tell me how i can grow fatter quickly(please don't tell me any exercises)...

Iam really getting pi$$ed off when people frequently say,

"dude...why are you so thin?"

"LOL...u remind me of a giraffe" :(

Its more hurting if guls say that :p

I don't understand where my food what i eat goes...!

So guys please tell me what i need to eat to grow fatter..

^^ Drink a lot of beer or your favorite choice of alcohol and eat a whole pizza when you get hungry after drinking. If you have a frying pan deep enough, fill it with peanut-oil and fry everything that you eat, it's awesome. Stop visiting the loo so much, that'll get the nauseated look on your face which girls find priceless.

Guys, could anyone tell me if there any +ves/-ves of whey over creatine. Everyone I asked seemed to get a bit confused on this so I am hoping someone can clear this out.

GOMAD!

PhotostarSR said:
Guys, tell me how i can grow fatter quickly(please don't tell me any exercises)...

Iam really getting pi$$ed off when people frequently say,

"dude...why are you so thin?"

"LOL...u remind me of a giraffe" :(

Its more hurting if guls say that :p

I don't understand where my food what i eat goes...!

So guys please tell me what i need to eat to grow fatter..

Do a cycle when u hit a pleatue, not worthy otherwsise!

gforce said:
^^ Drink a lot of beer or your favorite choice of alcohol and eat a whole pizza when you get hungry after drinking. If you have a frying pan deep enough, fill it with peanut-oil and fry everything that you eat, it's awesome. Stop visiting the loo so much, that'll get the nauseated look on your face which girls find priceless.

Guys, could anyone tell me if there any +ves/-ves of whey over creatine. Everyone I asked seemed to get a bit confused on this so I am hoping someone can clear this out.

How do i motivate myself to get up at six in the morning and go for brisk walk / jog ??? :(

I setup the alarm everyday for 6 and just snooze it down. :mad:

raksrules said:
How do i motivate myself to get up at six in the morning and go for brisk walk / jog ??? :(

Nothing like a mug or BUCKET of cold water! :p

Hello Guys!!

A year and half back I used to weigh like 90kgs for 5'11".

After jogging and aerobics and avoiding junk foods I have come down to 72kgs now! (it was 70 2 months back...but exams.lol)! Anyways, 72Kg is supposed to be my ideal weight and all that! My waist have also reduced from 37inches to 32inch and I feel really great .lol...

However, since I didnt do any weight training and all, my whole body is very spongy! I mean my belly is so soft you can throw your pillow away and sleep on it,my hands and all upper body is kinda soft and lose ....even more than girls body!! I have love handles i think!

Now two months from now I'm probably going to Goa with class and seriously I need to tighten up my body i.e. TOne up!

Exams are getting over in a two weeks and then I lose my Virgymity!

So guys tell me

1)Is it possible to get my body into appreciable shape in two months,lose love handles and all

2)How much hr/day should I go for it

3)Which excessive to tighten up Belly,chest and arms! I dont want any fancy pack or anything, just good enough to be shirtless!

Anything like this (pic) would be more than OK!!! ..........lol......Am I expecting too much!

raksrules said:

Keep the alarm clock somewhere far from your reach like Top of Cupboard so that you have to wake up to find and stop it!:hap2:

Sleep early!

raksrules said:

haha yeah :hap2:

thetoxicmind said:
Nothing like a mug or BUCKET of cold water! :p

Just do 5 x 5s, Build Muscle & Lose Fat Through Strength Training | StrongLifts.com, don't change anything, just follow it like a guide. Nuff said. :)

eggman said:
Hello Guys!!

A year and half back I used to weigh like 90kgs for 5'11".

After jogging and aerobics and avoiding junk foods I have come down to 72kgs now! (it was 70 2 months back...but exams.lol)! Anyways, 72Kg is supposed to be my ideal weight and all that! My waist have also reduced from 37inches to 32inch and I feel really great .lol...

However, since I didnt do any weight training and all, my whole body is very spongy! I mean my belly is so soft you can throw your pillow away and sleep on it,my hands and all upper body is kinda soft and lose ....even more than girls body!! I have love handles i think!

Now two months from now I'm probably going to Goa with class and seriously I need to tighten up my body i.e. TOne up!

Exams are getting over in a two weeks and then I lose my Virgymity!

So guys tell me

1)Is it possible to get my body into appreciable shape in two months,lose love handles and all

2)How much hr/day should I go for it

3)Which excessive to tighten up Belly,chest and arms! I dont want any fancy pack or anything, just good enough to be shirtless!

Anything like this (pic) would be more than OK!!! ..........lol......Am I expecting too much!

Keep the alarm clock somewhere far from your reach like Top of Cupboard so that you have to wake up to find and stop it!:hap2:

Back