The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

raksrules said:
How do i motivate myself to get up at six in the morning and go for brisk walk / jog ??? :(
I setup the alarm everyday for 6 and just snooze it down. :mad:

get yourself a jogging buddy and make it his duty to get you up in the morning...

Yes it can be but u'd be wasting time doing pulley pushdowns, just like barbell curls it is a very over-hyped exercise. Just focus on bench dips/parrallel bar dips! These are mass building exercises, will give brute power! :hap2:

als said:
hey guys can lats machine be used for working on triceps with narrow grip(while standing)

^^ thanks for reply

and is it true that MORE WEIGHT LESS REPS LEADS To BIG MUSCLE (MASS) and LOW WEIGHT MORE REPS LEADS TO BETTER CURL OR CUT

and can you suggest any exercise for making biceps big as i am doing dumbbells(with break of 1 day) for 2 weeks for not so good result

MORE WEIGHT LESS REPS LEADS To BIG MUSCLE (MASS) = TRUE! LOW WEIGHT MORE REPS LEADS TO BETTER CURL OR CUT = BULCRAP/FALSE! This theory is very popular/over-hyped and leads to sub-par results. If u want bigger biceps then do chin-ups and heavy barbell curls combined with heavy alternate dumbell curls. If u really want the best then focussing on biceps/doing more exercise for biceps which is one of the smallest muscle groups is foolishness. Concentrate on bigger compound moves: Squat/bench press/deadlifts/bench/parallel bars dips/wide-grip chins/chin-ups for overall body growth... UR biceps ALONG WITH YOUR BODY WILL GROW IF U R ABLE TO INCREASE RESISTANCE (WEIGHT) PROGRESSIVELY = THIS WILL ONLY HAPPENS IF U SLEEP/EXERCISE/EAT WELL. IF U GET STRONGER THEN YOU ARE DOING GOOD, IF U LIFT THE SAME WEIGHT ENTIRE MONTH/15 DAYS U WON'T PROGRESS PERIOD! :p

EDIT: U want results in 15 days??? :eek: have patience, weight training is a lifestyle.. just like we brush everyday try to focus on training like that forever no matter how hard it sounds, once u start getting results u won't stop! 15 days is nothing... starting out some individuals take 2 months to get into the groove some even more....

als said:
^^ thanks for reply

and is it true that MORE WEIGHT LESS REPS LEADS To BIG MUSCLE (MASS) and LOW WEIGHT MORE REPS LEADS TO BETTER CURL OR CUT

and can you suggest any exercise for making biceps big as i am doing dumbbells(with break of 1 day) for 2 weeks for not so good result

I am doing this regularly

[youtube]X72LtRcXR6g[/youtube]

Awesome schedule. My limit has gone up from 2 to 50-60 of all four laps.

Awesome Darkstar, Push-ups is one of the best and sadly under-rated exercises. Do 5 sets of as many reps u can. Once u are able to do 15+ reps in all sets add a heavy book/some kinda resistance on your upper back (Not lower) u need to add weight because developing endurance of doing doing 100+ push-ups though very demanding doesnot give direct strength. try to keep the numbers between 8-12 .... as u will gain mass in this range. Similarly focus on increasing numbers on wide grip chins/chin-ups and bench/parallel bar dips as well. :hap2:

Dark Star said:
I am doing this regularly

[youtube]X72LtRcXR6g[/youtube]

Awesome schedule. My limit has gone up from 2 to 50-60 of all four laps.

^Push-Ups is one of the exercise along with squats and chin-ups that i do regularly at home if am not able to go to gym. Push-Ups makes me feel really great to be frank.

Guess i'll add some weight in the back and work out, didn't really think of that. Otherwise am able to do 15*5 easily.

yes add weight, bring the reps down in the range of 6-12 to the most, keep the same weight in all sets, keep on increasing as u progress ;) U have to add weight all the time OR u won't progress period.

Saiyan said:
^Push-Ups is one of the exercise along with squats and chin-ups that i do regularly at home if am not able to go to gym. Push-Ups makes me feel really great to be frank.

Guess i'll add some weight in the back and work out, didn't really think of that. Otherwise am able to do 15*5 easily.

Once u can do more than 15 in all sets (3-4 max sets) add weight on your waist, there are weight belts that can do, if i were u i would tie a plate with a belt or something... u r smart.. go figure :) :p

Saiyan said:
^What reps do you recommend for chin ups ?

well i have been training for the last 2 months now with a six day a week schedule...so basically i do 1 body part per day. i do 4-6 different exercise with on an average 4 sets each. i start with 10 minutes on treadmill followed by 100 push ups (25X4). i had earlier injured my shoulder (bout 9 years ago) so can't do pull ups. Also i give myself 30 sec break between sets.

at present my stats are

Biceps: 13.5"

Chest: 37"

Waist: 32"

i am 25 years old and my height is 5 feet 9 inches and atm my weight is 64 Kgs

30 secs is too quick, no need to do push-ups everyday, workout is not that great, hitting the gym 6 days a week is foolishness in beginner/intermidiate stage. as i told u in the other forum follow 5 x 5. squat your BW and DL x 2 BW!

rishabh.asthana said:
well i have been training for the last 2 months now with a six day a week schedule...so basically i do 1 body part per day. i do 4-6 different exercise with on an average 4 sets each. i start with 10 minutes on treadmill followed by 100 push ups (25X4). i had earlier injured my shoulder (bout 9 years ago) so can't do pull ups. Also i give myself 30 sec break between sets.

at present my stats are

Biceps: 13.5"

Chest: 37"

Waist: 32"

i am 25 years old and my height is 5 feet 9 inches and atm my weight is 64 Kgs

hey

i have been thinking of buying dumbbells 10kg can anyone give me idea how much on an average they will cost /kg (rough idea steel,rubber,iron)

and are rubber dumbbells good in quality than steel ones.

I will give u lifelong advice, 10kg dumbells won't give u any long term benefit. once u are able to lift it for 8 reps 3 sets it will start feeling lighter, once that happens it will be useless, join a gym or do free hand exercises @ home, no need to invest in dumbells, they will gather dust in 2 moths time max!

als said:
hey

i have been thinking of buying dumbbells 10kg can anyone give me idea how much on an average they will cost /kg (rough idea steel,rubber,iron)

als said:
hey

one disadvantage of rubber dumbs, is they smell like tyre :S.
It will be very irritating for some ppl like me

Rockfella said:
Once u are able to do 15+ reps in all sets add a heavy book/some kinda resistance on your upper back (Not lower)

never thought about this, Can I use a backpack to add weight?
Can Use kids school bag to add some weight in the upper back :D

I've just started gymming...............4 days................Doing pushups.some dumbles ......and abs exercise.........

How much time till I see some result!

eggman said:
I've just started gymming...............4 days................Doing pushups.some dumbles ......and abs exercise.........

How much time till I see some result!

minimum 1 month...if you are regular...

also i have been ill (fever,etc) for the past 1 week so no gym...i have seen a reduction in my weight...can anyone tell me why this is happening ? also how much time will it take to get to my old form

u guys shud look at some of my pics.. wait.. 'll post some of them.. :p

An year back..

81175971.jpg

i guess this shud be like 7-8 months back

82571501.jpg

after I started gym..

15887505.jpg

a month after continuous gym w/o any holidays..

33915115.jpg

n this was before coming to NCL.. :eek:hyeah:

21114830.jpg

Back