The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Has anybody ordered anything from bodybuilding.com ever?

How is the customs calculated on it and what price differences you got in comparison to the local prices?

Nopes! There was no need.
Dienekes said:
Has anybody ordered anything from bodybuilding.com ever?
How is the customs calculated on it and what price differences you got in comparison to the local prices?

Haven't posted in a couple of months so here are my stats:

Height: 6'2"

Body part - Current - Oct 09 when I started

Arms - 14.3 inches - 12.8 inches

Chest - 43.2 in - 40.5 in

Waist - 35.5 in - 38.5 in

Hips - 40 in - 43 in

Thighs - 23 in - 22 in

Body weight - 85 kgs - 86 kgs

BMI - 23 - 25

Usual Exercises:

Bench press - 65kgs - 30 kgs (Max 1-rep: 72.5kgs)

Overhead press - 50 kgs - 22 kgs

Pushups - 40 - 10

Chinups - 25 - 5

1 km run - 5min20 secs - 9mins

Non-stop run at 10kmph - 32 mins - 5 mins

Targets include getting the 1km run down to 4mins30 seconds in a month and getting cuts on the upper arms. I'm trying to cut down the flab from the hip area too. The chest area has developed quite nicely although it does look a bit like male breasts :( while the calves and thighs are now very nicely shaped.

I've cut down the exercises to just one body part now. 5 day schedule: Chest, Upper/Lower back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Thighs/Calves

What about squats, deadlift, bent-over rows and wide grip chins?

Without these everything is PHAIL!:rofl:

gforce said:
Haven't posted in a couple of months so here are my stats:

Height: 6'2"

Body part - Current - Oct 09 when I started

Arms - 14.3 inches - 12.8 inches

Chest - 43.2 in - 40.5 in

Waist - 35.5 in - 38.5 in

Hips - 40 in - 43 in

Thighs - 23 in - 22 in

Body weight - 85 kgs - 86 kgs

BMI - 23 - 25

Usual Exercises:

Bench press - 65kgs - 30 kgs (Max 1-rep: 72.5kgs)

Overhead press - 50 kgs - 22 kgs

Pushups - 40 - 10

Chinups - 25 - 5

1 km run - 5min20 secs - 9mins

Non-stop run at 10kmph - 32 mins - 5 mins
Targets include getting the 1km run down to 4mins30 seconds in a month and getting cuts on the upper arms. I'm trying to cut down the flab from the hip area too. The chest area has developed quite nicely although it does look a bit like male breasts :( while the calves and thighs are now very nicely shaped.
I've cut down the exercises to just one body part now. 5 day schedule: Chest, Upper/Lower back, Shoulders, Biceps, Triceps, Thighs/Calves

Dark Star said:
Ok I need tips on reducing fat around belly, there is some flab/flat around and in belly so what exercise should I do . I am currently doing lower abs (leg raises of 3 different kind - 15 reps/3sets each) , and tips on how to tighten the belly as well /?

I read an article recently about the bird dog exercise. Doing that would strengthen your inner core muscles, but only diet and burning calories would reduce that fat.

Screw that article... just SQUAT!
McAgnel said:
I read an article recently about the bird dog exercise. Doing that would strengthen your inner core muscles, but only diet and burning calories would reduce that fat.

Rockfella said:
What about squats, deadlift, bent-over rows and wide grip chins?
Without these everything is PHAIL!:rofl:
Squats: 70kgs
Deadlift: 75kgs (1rep max: 85kgs)
Dumb bell bent over rows: 20kgs each
Bar bell bent over rows: 50kgs
Lat pull downs: 55kgs

Nice! my point: U should've mentioned it in your previous post, since u didnot i am assuming u don't do it on priority. Keep the weight increase/progress of these exercises on top priority! squats, DLs, bench press, overhead press, bent-over rows, chins/wide grip chins, reverse crunches and prone bridges. All other exercises are accessory work ;) U can do strict bicep curls and weighted body dips for arms.

gforce said:
Squats: 70kgs

Deadlift: 75kgs (1rep max: 85kgs)

Dumb bell bent over rows: 20kgs each

Bar bell bent over rows: 50kgs

Lat pull downs: 55kgs

Rockfella said:
Nice! my point: U should've mentioned it in your previous post, since u didnot i am assuming u don't do it on priority. Keep the weight increase/progress of these exercises on top priority! squats, DLs, bench press, overhead press, bent-over rows, chins/wide grip chins, reverse crunches and prone bridges. All other exercises are accessory work ;) U can do strict bicep curls and weighted body dips for arms.

Yeah but don't most people gauge your overall fitness on the basis on benching and pushups? :D

For biceps, I'm currently doing - pull ups, barbell curl, preacher, hammer curl, concentration curl

For triceps - pulley push down, skull crushers, one handed dumb bell extensions, behind the neck two handed dumb bell extensions, bench dips

For forearms - forward and reverse wrist curls

Haven't really done any weighted body dips yet. Should I be doing those as well?

Those people who gauge overall fitness by bench press and push-ups are noobs as we say in the techie world. YOU should gauge your fitness level with the exercises i mentioned. believe it or not you are doing way too many exercises needed for arms. Biceps is a very small and not the most important muscle group! It is an extremely over-hyped muscle group for obvious aesthetic reasons. There is nothing bad in it, just that people waste a lot of time in the gym doing countless exercises for arms = waste! Though it is one of the fastest recovering muscle pull ups, barbell curl, preacher, hammer curl, concentration curl = is WAY TOO MUCH for biceps. On a given day chin-ups 4 sets as many reps u can with 2-3 minutes rest between sets, heavy barbell curls 3 sets 8-10 reps is good enough. Get some mass first then shape it with concentration curls lol. remember if u can do 20+ chin-ups u will easily lift more weight in barbell curls but if u can 40 kgs (no cheating) in barbell curls ur chin rep will be the same. Same goes with wide grip chinning and lat machine pull-downs. There is a very deep reason for it, i can't post here.. try it yourself. Do fundamental exercises, rest one full day between workouts see how doing half the work your body will progress much faster! Donot ignore squats and deadlifts. These are just more than bodybuilding exercises. they will boost your ego, increase mental alertness.. the list is long.... don't take my words for anything. try it yourself... no harm in trying :)

gforce said:
Yeah but don't most people gauge your overall fitness on the basis on benching and pushups? :D

For biceps, I'm currently doing - pull ups, barbell curl, preacher, hammer curl, concentration curl

For triceps - pulley push down, skull crushers, one handed dumb bell extensions, behind the neck two handed dumb bell extensions, bench dips

For forearms - forward and reverse wrist curls

Haven't really done any weighted body dips yet. Should I be doing those as well?

Ok feeling a little pain in the left knee. Walking for few hours sort it out but it reappears! What could be the reason and possible solution ? It not actually in the knee but just the lower part of the joint !

Ok i need some help,

Im 65kg and 5.11 in height.. Abt 7kgs underweight..Need to build a good physique..

Dunno how to get started..:(

Should i join a gym?

Party Monger said:
Ok i need some help,
Im 65kg and 5.11 in height.. Abt 7kgs underweight..Need to build a good physique..
Dunno how to get started..:(
Should i join a gym?
I thought 65 is good for that height. I am 5' 11" too, but i weigh 76Kgs. I think i am overweight. :)

Rest and apply VOLONI or EGel.

Dark Star said:
Ok feeling a little pain in the left knee. Walking for few hours sort it out but it reappears! What could be the reason and possible solution ? It not actually in the knee but just the lower part of the joint !

Ok so how do i start, to get a good body?

Should i join a gym?

What kinda work out?

Need to get some muscles and strength..

SO ALL PROSPECTIVE SYLVESTER STALLONE's and ARNOLD's how many of you are in for bodyweight training without weights? Forgive me if i am wrong but is this topic only about building the body or losing weight and gaining a muscular physique also ?

Everything u mentioned.

pom99 said:
SO ALL PROSPECTIVE SYLVESTER STALLONE's and ARNOLD's how many of you are in for bodyweight training without weights? Forgive me if i am wrong but is this topic only about building the body or losing weight and gaining a muscular physique also ?

Rockfella said:
Everything u mentioned.

ok in that case, here is some "gyaan" for people who are trying to lose weight and gain a muscular physique.

I am no gyaani or a olympic gold medallist but some common sense which comes from being physically fit since some time.

A very good way to start is by doing bodyweight exercises.( exercises which don't use weights). Most people , especially in our country , confuse a good physique with weight lifting in gyms. It is as if good physique = Gym workouts. That is a big misconception.

The best exercises are the ones which you will sustain in the long run , like eating and sleeping everyday. You won't stop eating and sleeping everyday till you die right ? Same is for exercises too. So, if you know that you can sustain your exercise regimes, u will have access to gyms regularly in the future then please feel free to start going to gyms and lifting weights.

I see too many 'have-beens' around with huge beefy arms and bulging tummies who were " hardcore gymmers" once upon a time. So I wouldn't wish the same fate for people here.

First of all get comfortable with handling your bodyweight and then move to external wieghts.

pushups, bird-dogs, lying hip extensions, planks and situps can be a good way to start.

Keane 16 said:
Anyone got recommendations for muscle bulding using just dumbbells and steroids?

Yeah, you could start off with dumb bells at home. That's what I did for the first couple of years before slacking off. Anyhow, there are tons of exercises that use dumb bells only. Here's a few to get you started:

Chest- bench press

Shoulder - seated shoulder press, lateral raises

Biceps - Curls

Triceps - Dumb bell extensions (one handed and double handed)

Back - One arm dumb bell rows (you'll need a small bench to kneel on)

Legs - Step-ups

Be sure to warm up before lifting any dumb bells - a stretching routine followed by a light run around the park should be good enough.

For the first couple of days, get someone who's familiar with these exercises to oversee your form and reps. You don't want to start off on a bad note since that'll lead to problems and injuries.

Steroids? Any person who maintains a healthy diet rich in proteins doesn't need 'em. If you're over in NorCal, avoid heading to the wineries in Napa as well as the tons of InNOuts around town. Supplement your diet with some whey and creatine to help you rebuild muscle faster.

Back