The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

I so much agree with you sir.

pom99 said:
ok in that case, here is some "gyaan" for people who are trying to lose weight and gain a muscular physique.

I am no gyaani or a olympic gold medallist but some common sense which comes from being physically fit since some time.

A very good way to start is by doing bodyweight exercises.( exercises which don't use weights). Most people , especially in our country , confuse a good physique with weight lifting in gyms. It is as if good physique = Gym workouts. That is a big misconception.

The best exercises are the ones which you will sustain in the long run , like eating and sleeping everyday. You won't stop eating and sleeping everyday till you die right ? Same is for exercises too. So, if you know that you can sustain your exercise regimes, u will have access to gyms regularly in the future then please feel free to start going to gyms and lifting weights.

I see too many 'have-beens' around with huge beefy arms and bulging tummies who were " hardcore gymmers" once upon a time. So I wouldn't wish the same fate for people here.

First of all get comfortable with handling your bodyweight and then move to external wieghts.

pushups, bird-dogs, lying hip extensions, planks and situps can be a good way to start.

Stop bullcrapping! He will not gain impressive power/muscle/strength with measly dumbells. Training with dumbells for 2 years was foolishness. Don't spread it.

gforce said:
Yeah, you could start off with dumb bells at home. That's what I did for the first couple of years before slacking off. Anyhow, there are tons of exercises that use dumb bells only. Here's a few to get you started:

Chest- bench press

Shoulder - seated shoulder press, lateral raises

Biceps - Curls

Triceps - Dumb bell extensions (one handed and double handed)

Back - One arm dumb bell rows (you'll need a small bench to kneel on)

Legs - Step-ups

Be sure to warm up before lifting any dumb bells - a stretching routine followed by a light run around the park should be good enough.

For the first couple of days, get someone who's familiar with these exercises to oversee your form and reps. You don't want to start off on a bad note since that'll lead to problems and injuries.

Steroids? Any person who maintains a healthy diet rich in proteins doesn't need 'em. If you're over in NorCal, avoid heading to the wineries in Napa as well as the tons of InNOuts around town. Supplement your diet with some whey and creatine to help you rebuild muscle faster.

Sure. buy one pair 5kgs iron dumbells, do a stack of anabol and deca-durabolin. 4 tabs of anabol in the morning and 4 evening. 400mg deca once a week, eat KFC burgers 8 times a day with pepsi/coke and french fries. Do concentration curls, 10 sets 50 reps, finish steroid cycle in 2 months, when ur biceps grow .5" post pics here.

Keane 16 said:
Anyone got recommendations for muscle bulding using just dumbbells and steroids?

hmm use bicycles ride it for 1 hrs

and do some jog for 2 KM atleast

dont eat too much of Junk food

what am i saying

i eat junk food,

i am awake till 3 am

in morning i wake up till 9 after than office then back home by 9

I DONT HAVE TIME

purchased bicycle ->lying in garage

paid 6 months payment in gym -> didnt went for more than 4 days :p

in short A TE member cant ever be Slim

if you want to have time stop coming to TE after each 1 mins :p

i know no one can

TE is addictive ....................................................................

When there is a will there is a way! Rest all is looser talk! :p
Buygamingstuff said:

what am i saying

i eat junk food,
i am awake till 3 am
I DONT HAVE TIME

i know no one can
TE is addictive ....................................................................

Any one here knows about losing FAT?

Sitting in front of the computer for the last so many years has made me put on a hell lot of fat on my stomach, thighs and hips.. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Any exercises, workouts, diet I should follow regularly to remove that fat?

P.S.- As mentioned, I only have fat on thighs, hips and stomach. Rest of my body is fine.

Party Monger said:
Ok i need some help,
Im 65kg and 5.11 in height.. Abt 7kgs underweight..Need to build a good physique..
Dunno how to get started..:(
Should i join a gym?

Ok i checked BMI and all, seem to come into the top end of the proper weight(lower not higher)..

So will anyone plz reply to my query or is this thread just to pwn fat techies:p

mihirpradhan204 said:

Sitting in front of the computer for the last so many years has made me put on a hell lot of fat on my stomach, thighs and hips.. Can anyone tell me how to get rid of it? Any exercises, workouts, diet I should follow regularly to remove that fat?

P.S.- As mentioned, I only have fat on thighs, hips and stomach. Rest of my body is fine.

Start with some bodyweight exercises.(which I can tell you). Of course the most important thing for losing weight is your food. If you eat crap and exercise 15 hrs a day also you are not going to see any results. What is your height and weight ?

Take butcher knife, cut your thighs, remove un-wanted fat from where-ever u want, later sew skin with portable sewing machine. Awesome VFM.

butcherknife.jpg

mihirpradhan204 said:

Rockfella said:
Stop bullcrapping! He will not gain impressive power/muscle/strength with measly dumbells. Training with dumbells for 2 years was foolishness. Don't spread it.
Measly? Try curls with 25kg dumb bells or shoulder presses with 30kg ones. If that's measly to you, you're probably eligible for the Mr India competition.

You are right, i am not Mr. India, neither can i lift 60kg overhead press for reps. What you don't understand is that starting out with only dumbells is foolishness. Its like doing it half-way when he can start with barbells and gain power/mass much faster. Thatswhy i see lot of gym rats who pay heavy fees in fancy fee and even after 1-2 yeras there is no significant change in their bodies/fitness levels whatsoever. Problem with human body is that unlike PCs u just can't buy 4-8GB ram and install it. body works in a different way, to get used to working out with dumbells he will first needs to get used to correct form first, to gain power he HAS TO LIFT HEAVY, lifting heavy dumbells needs some experience, is less productive than lifting heavy barbells to gain muscle/power ONE HAS TO LIFT HEAVIER EACH WEEK/MONTH ....... there are many things, he needs to take the baby steps first, u can't suggest him to sprint rightaway! Barbells are the best way to start along with calisthenics NOT DUMBELLS! Bro it is complicated and i know what i am talking about. It is so much detailed that i can't post everything here. if u want to know the reasons then u r most welcome to add me in yahoo etc i can explain.

gforce said:
Measly? Try curls with 25kg dumb bells or shoulder presses with 30kg ones. If that's measly to you, you're probably eligible for the Mr India competition.

gforce said:
Yeah, you could start off with dumb bells at home. That's what I did for the first couple of years before slacking off. Anyhow, there are tons of exercises that use dumb bells only. Here's a few to get you started:

Chest- bench press

Shoulder - seated shoulder press, lateral raises

Biceps - Curls

Triceps - Dumb bell extensions (one handed and double handed)

Back - One arm dumb bell rows (you'll need a small bench to kneel on)

Legs - Step-ups

Be sure to warm up before lifting any dumb bells - a stretching routine followed by a light run around the park should be good enough.

For the first couple of days, get someone who's familiar with these exercises to oversee your form and reps. You don't want to start off on a bad note since that'll lead to problems and injuries.

Steroids? Any person who maintains a healthy diet rich in proteins doesn't need 'em. If you're over in NorCal, avoid heading to the wineries in Napa as well as the tons of InNOuts around town. Supplement your diet with some whey and creatine to help you rebuild muscle faster.

Thanks mate.

Found a good link: Dumbbell Exercises Complete with Animated Diagrams

I've been gymming regularly for hte last month and a half, but with college work taking off, I need to be able to work out at home.

Here's what I'm using: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B000VCDXNS

Buygamingstuff said:

what am i saying

i eat junk food,
i am awake till 3 am
I DONT HAVE TIME

i know no one can

or he has some eating disorder that wouln't let him get over 40 kg or less than 90 kg, lol...:)

pom99 said:
Start with some bodyweight exercises.(which I can tell you). Of course the most important thing for losing weight is your food. If you eat crap and exercise 15 hrs a day also you are not going to see any results. What is your height and weight ?
Hmm.. Thanx for the help.. I guess I've to cut down my junk food intake then.. :)
Which exercises do you suggest BTW?
My height is 5.7 and weight is 70..

because with barbells u can lift more weight = more power = more mass, it is more effective, builds balanced power in upper body, you can progress faster unlike dumbells. i am not stating that dumbells are not effective, u can add dumbell work when train regular for 8-10 months but starting with dumbells is not suggested. U want to follow how things have been working since almost a century or re-invent your own ways and waste time. even if u start with dumbells u will see results because everything works in the beginning but if u START with barbells results will be faster and u will prolly stick with your routine.

Keane 16 said:
How is benchpressing using dumbbells different from benchpressing using barbells?

Eat clean 6 days and hog on anything u like on sundays. it is called cheat meal. Squat and jog 3 times a week, start with 10 mins constant speed then increase 1 min in every workout till u reach 45 mins. once u can jog for 45 mins constantly, increase speed.

mihirpradhan204 said:
Hmm.. Thanx for the help.. I guess I've to cut down my junk food intake then.. :)

Which exercises do you suggest BTW?

My height is 5.7 and weight is 70..

Problem is I can buy dumbbells for home. Barbells are expensive. When I do go to the gym, I lift barbells, but the problem here is that with college work kicking off, it's really hard for me to go regularly, so the dumbbells are a substitute for when I can't go.

Even if u buy 3 pairs of dumbells of different weight.. maybe 5,7.5, and 10 kgs all 3 pairs will get useless once u gain strength, then u will need more to gain more strength and this happens till u exercise. instead of buying dumbells buy chin-up bar (if u have to), do chin-ups :cool2:;) Rs. 500 bar, will serve u well for years, will never go waste ;) chin-ups are far more superior than dumbell curls.

Keane 16 said:
Problem is I can buy dumbbells for home. Barbells are expensive. When I do go to the gym, I lift barbells, but the problem here is that with college work kicking off, it's really hard for me to go regularly, so the dumbbells are a substitute for when I can't go.

Back