The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

The copy pasted info u posted is simply copy pasted! The athelete who is trying for get "fit" and does cardio before strength training before is either a big FOOL or is a marathon runner. In most of the cases strength training should be your first priority!!!!! Never cardio. There are 1 million reasons for it.... OR u can run in the morning and train with weights in the evening etc. Sorry for my blunt post. PM for any queries u might have. Always there to help. Yes compound exercises are best.

Vivek.

EDIT: In the gyms u might witness a lot of people doing cardio BEFORE weights with good bodies maybe... that doensot mean they are fools... they put in efforts and get results... the point is to train smart and get better results with minimal efforts (it avoids over-training also!) ... hence my post. If my post implies that 90% of the gym rats in urban cities do cardio before weight training and they are fools then YES Believe me they are fools... just like 90% of the people who buy assembled PCS and use a Rs. 400 PSU then wonder later and cry "why me" :lol:

GrimReaper said:
Yes you can combine cardio and Strength training in a single session . It will totally depend on your requirements . If you are an athlete who is trying to get fit , you should schedule your Strength training after your cardio session . If you are body sculpting you should schedule cardio after strength training . This is so because whichever you schedule last will suffer in terms of intensity since you will be tired by the end of your first session .Ofcourse make sure you do strength training only on alternate days .

Compound exercises which target a large number of muscle groups are said to be more effective than ones that target a single muscle group . Try reading up more on that .

------------------------------------------------------

A friend of mine just decided to start on a fitness program . He is short and painfully thin and is slightly underweight .

The major problem is

1. All fitness regimens i have seen focus on muscle gain and weight loss . The latter will surely kill him .

2.He is a vegetarian and so meat and eggs are strictly out of question .

What kind of diet and fitness program would you suggest to a person like him ?

Rockfella said:
The copy pasted info u posted is simply copy pasted!

Did i compose it so well that you mistook it for a copy pasted article :lol:

Please post the source to prove your allegation .

The athelete who is trying for get "fit" and does cardio before strength training before is either a big FOOL or is a marathon runner. In most of the cases strength training should be your first priority!!!!! Never cardio.

You just embarrassed yourself . Muscle = Strength/Health is an extremely common misconception many beginners have .

Have you seen Tiger Woods or Roger Federer ever look like muscle freaks ? .

Here's proof for what i said . Tiger Wood's daily workout routine . Starts with Cardio . In total he does 1.5 hours of strength training 5-6 hours of cardio ! .He does 2 Strength training sessions (morning and evening).Both of them after a cardio session. Would you call him a "big FOOL" ?

(Playing tennis and golf [which involves a lot of walking around carrying your golf bag] is considered a cardio activity)

TigerWoods.com: Fitness: Tiger's Daily Routine

It is extremely important for athletes to keep a low body fat % and there is nothing like cardio to do so .

Ok do cardio before weight training then. :) Do 5-6 hours of cardio and 2 hours of weights everyday.

GrimReaper said:

You just embarrassed yourself . Muscle = Strength/Health is an extremely common misconception many beginners have .

Here's proof for what i said . Tiger Wood's daily workout routine . Starts with Cardio . In total he does 1.5 hours of strength training 5-6 hours of cardio ! .He does 2 Strength training sessions (morning and evening).Both of them after a cardio session. Would you call him a "big FOOL" ?

(Playing tennis and golf [which involves a lot of walking around carrying your golf bag] is considered a cardio activity)

It is extremely important for athletes to keep a low body fat % and there is nothing like cardio to do so .

4-5 hours of cardio daily...are u serious ? ...thn tiger would have been a marathon runner...
he does cardio for 1hr only in the morning as its mentioned on TW site....he plays golf for arnd 4-5 hrs a day....u r including golf in cardio session :bleh:
GrimReaper said:

One gets all this "broscience" in the gym and everywhere... just ignore them.. here and in the gym :rofl:

universal said:
4-5 hours of cardio daily...are u serious ? ...thn tiger would have been a marathon runner...

he does cardio for 1hr only in the morning as its mentioned on TW site....he plays golf for arnd 4-5 hrs a day....u r including golf in cardio session :bleh:

universal said:

he does cardio for 1hr only in the morning as its mentioned on TW site...

That is the reason he IS the GOLD standard in golf .

If walking around 18 holes carrying a 50 pound golf bag isnt cardio then i dont know what you could call a cardio .

What exactly is cardio exercise? Cardio is an aerobic activity that works out the large muscles of the body over an extended period of time. Aerobic activity refers to the way your body uses oxygen during its metabolic (energy producing) processes. Many activities can be considered cardio exercise, including walking, jogging, biking and swimming.- about.com

Any activity that gets your heart rate up and gets you to breath heavily is cardio .Golf involves a lot of walking (carrying weight) and swinging (as accurately as humanely possible) . And professional golf courses are typically very long .

.he plays golf for arnd 4-5 hrs a day....u r including golf in cardio session :bleh:

that is the reason he keeps his other cardio session (where he does not play golf) short .

And yes tennis is also considered a cardio exercise :) and Roger Federer does a lot of it . And he does set the standard in Tennis ;)

Rockfella said:
One gets all this "broscience" in the gym and everywhere... just ignore them.. here and in the gym :rofl:

There instead of trying to prove your point with logical arguments you resort to name calling :hap5: .

Rockfella said:
Ok do cardio before weight training then. :) Do 5-6 hours of cardio and 2 hours of weights everyday.

I am not Tiger Woods ;)

The point is cardio is done first by most athletes . His day starts with cardio .period

u mean tiger carries 50 pound golf bag and walks around 18 holes :rofl:
recheck with tigers if possible for u :bleh:
GrimReaper said:
That is the reason he IS the GOLD standard in golf .
If walking around 18 holes carrying a 50 pound golf bag isnt cardio then i dont know what you could call a cardio .

Do you even understand what cardio is ?

There instead of trying to prove your point with logical arguments you resort to name calling :hap5: .

I am not Tiger Woods ;)

The point is cardio is done first by most athletes . His day starts with cardio .period

universal said:
u mean tiger carries 50 pound golf bag and walks around 18 holes :rofl:

recheck with tigers if possible for u :bleh:

No we got ego issues , he does'nt call me . maybe you could check with him to see if he sprouted batman wings for me . i suppose its cooler to glide from one hole to another .

I am under the impression golf carts are used only in tournaments as it would defeat the purpose of training .

What about Roger Federer ? He does nt use hand mountable ball canons for practice does he ? (super heroes have come back into fashion) .At least there is no ambiguity there , tennis is considered a cardio activity. i seriously doubt Roger spends more time pumping iron than practicing tennis .

tennis ranked 5th top cardio activity in this random site i googled

http://ezinearticles.com/?Top-Cardio-Activities&id=3730136

Rockfella said:
Are you sure u are working out hard enough to actually need recovery?

Not using glutamine now - i've used before 1 month ,

tom i am going to get super pump i cant post my pic now cause its not touched 70% of my goal but i ll post the supplements i take now

Completed LIPO 6 fat burner 60 caps , END to FATBURNERS :mad:

Now taking this

ULtimate nutrition 100% whey - for protein low carb

Syntha6 - bedtime protein

creatine - 10gms per day - bulking now

optimen for daily vitamins & minerals ( cant eat 1 kgs of fruit & vegetables daily harsh)

Just now formed 4 packs above - i am getting tired & drowsy daily cause of low carbs & low fats

Syntha 6 bedtime protein? take it post workout also. try to burn fat with compound exercises. Do squat/deadlifts/bar dips also... these will skyrocket your gains... specially with the stuff you are taking.

Rockfella said:
Syntha 6 bedtime protein? take it post workout also. try to burn fat with compound exercises. Do squat/deadlifts/bar dips also... these will skyrocket your gains... specially with the stuff you are taking.

yes u r right thanks for the tips buddy - but i am now mainly concentrating on building muscles

Syntha 6 contains 6 types proteins which is also for postworkout & bedtime

:no: creatine is now making my belly bloat on water still i take 30 grams of fat per day

are u using any pre workout supplements ROCKFELLA ??

for your bed time protein casein is recommended as its break down process is much longer than whey protein ... and if you want to go for pre-work out drink i will suggest u to try NO-Shotgun from VPX though i'll recommend u to stay away from it as they have very high caffeine content and their most common side effect is sleeplessness .

No i am not, i won't use any supplements till i am atleast one year into regular training which i am yet to even start (right shoulder badly injured) You may eat 1 or 2 bananas or a small cup of cofee if u want something to kick off ur workout. I prefer training empty stomach and sip water while training (Just my thing, not advicing u to follow) Syntha 6 is an overall protein, just have it alone, no need to combine it with one more whey. Things like creatine/fat burners etc are best used when one hits a pleatue in progress. This happens in different time intervals with everyone. People sometimes take these as staple diet which is foolishness. i might sound like a fanatic if i start telling people to stop taking creatine etc as it is a very popular product.... keep in mind that it also retains water (unwanted weight gain) ... and u need more quantity to get the same results u had with the previous cycle everytime u "cycle" it :p

speedyfreak said:
yes u r right thanks for the tips buddy - but i am now mainly concentrating on building muscles. Syntha 6 contains 6 types proteins which is also for postworkout & bedtime. :no: creatine is now making my belly bloat on water still i take 30 grams of fat per day

are u using any pre workout supplements ROCKFELLA ??
For this reason whole milk is best! Cheap and extremely effective... problem is slight fat gain..... but gaining muscle without little fat gain become very slow progress.... people do it though.... :). Things like "superpump" and "BSN No explode" are very popular in "bodybuilding type" training and people who like to get pumped up in the gym . . . use these only when u pleatue i.e. ur progress stops despite trying everything....

G33kgod said:
for your bed time protein casein is recommended as its break down process is much longer than whey protein ... and if you want to go for pre-work out drink i will suggest u to try NO-Shotgun from VPX though i'll recommend u to stay away from it as they have very high caffeine content and their most common side effect is sleeplessness .

started doing squats on saturday , did 90 3 sets of 30 somehow and now i need atleast 2 people to carry me around , my legs all jammed:p

Lesson learnt -> never get excited in initial period and do more than required

Hoping my legs will get back in normal condition soon :mad:

People who go overboard are the ones who usually end up getting good results... now don't sit @ home waiting for the pain to subside.... hit the gym tomorrow, squat again, blood will flow into muscles and pain will go faster . . . not by resting.... watch online videos to squat properly.... don't mess with the squats.... if done wrong these can mess ur back.
hiviky2212 said:
started doing squats on saturday , did 90 3 sets of 30 somehow and now i need atleast 2 people to carry me around , my legs all jammed:p

G33kgod said:

I ve been using super pump 250 from gaspari but after 30 min i had awesome power like Hercules after 3 hour i was like bathroom boy & vomit i stopped the Nitric oxide supplements - even fat burners are better than NO supplements

NO shot gun is gr8 pre workout since NO boosters have little side effects - for its big

hiviky2212 said:

Take recovery supplements if u r going 90kgs on squat

mild recovery supplement & all human need this is BCAA - branched chained amino acid - if u take whey protein then no need for BCAA

with out proper recovery muscle injury will be higher u need to get to gym daily for optimum results buddy - do u take whey protein ??

Rockfella said:
No i am not, i won't use any supplements till i am atleast one year into regular training which i am yet to even start (right shoulder badly injured) You may eat 1 or 2 bananas or a small cup of cofee if u want something to kick off ur workout. I prefer training empty stomach and sip water while training (Just my thing, not advicing u to follow) Syntha 6 is an overall protein, just have it alone, no need to combine it with one more whey. Things like creatine/fat burners etc are best used when one hits a pleatue in progress. This happens in different time intervals with everyone. People sometimes take these as staple diet which is foolishness. i might sound like a fanatic if i start telling people to stop taking creatine etc as it is a very popular product.... keep in mind that it also retains water (unwanted weight gain) ... and u need more quantity to get the same results u had with the previous cycle everytime u "cycle" it :p

but before 4 years i took creatine in coach formula i gained mass very lately - but now creatine monohydrade are very fast

Rockfella - i just saw one thing getting lean mass & maintenance of lean mass is very COSTLY cause of VERY low CARB & Very very low FAt - only protein foods - gosh so much costly

so i planned for bulking my upper body soon after this month ill post my pic here - serious training

As u said - bananas & coffee are gr8 pre workout food i took the same - but soon i am getting fatigue , i ve decided no more Nitric oxide - i am going for BCAA 5gms + 1scoop of whey protein + 1 banana + Creatine in the water ?? how its sounds good ??

^ Too much man.... 1 banana and black coffee (small cup 15 mins pre WO if u really need it). Build lower body also, don't ignore upper body.

Rockfella said:
^ Too much man.... 1 banana and black coffee (small cup 15 mins pre WO if u really need it). Build lower body also, don't ignore upper body.

using fatburner + ultimate diet , i ripped my waist & lower body - now for heavy carbo + heavy protein for mass !!

Back