The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Yes the bar is avl for around Rs. 500. Pull-ups/chin-ups are great exercises and give brute strength in the biceps and back not chest really. U can eat as much as u can digest properly.... try to eat small more frequent meals.... no carbs before sleeping.

MAGNeT said:
i want to get pull up bars......As i want to strengthen my chest

YouTube - Doorway Pull Up Bar Review by John Sifferman

Is this one available in india and any good

I am 27 age weights 56 height 5 foot 8 inches...12-13 kg underweight

Also what stuff should i eat or how many short meals can i have in a day.....I am a non veg but would prefer a veg diet as non veg shows allergy when taken too much or comes in effect with milk on my body with red patches(especially prawn...i dont like plain chicken but spicy one like triple schzwen...but can go for eggs)

Follow the mirror (not the weighing scale) I don't get into much calculations like u do (which is not bad) but try to get strong... with weight gainer u might also gain fat if you are unable to utilize it properly. Spending money on weight gainers is stupid.... if u think u can burn the extra carbs doing GOMAD then there is nothing like GOMAD. It will give u rapid weight gain with muscle and strength gains also but u might not like the fat gain with it. Imo tarin hard and stick with whatever bodyfat % u like in the mirror.

Syntha 6 is better and so is :

Centrum: scientifically-advanced complete multivitamins

udayrulz said:
@ Rock , at weight do you think I should start cutting ?

I am 6'1" around 160lbs (73kg) , 13% body fat . Is bulking till around 80kg (max 15% body fat) and the cutting down to 77-78 Kg a good idea ?

Also added Myofusion to my stack today , need a Weight gainer now .. any recommendations ? btw is syntha 6 better than myofusion , if so may be I can return this and get that . Also regarding Animal Cuts aren't they for cutting / fat loss .. animal pak is like 8 tab's a day way tooo much .. so sticking with ON Multi Vitamin for now.

You have to exhale when pulling / pushing

Rockfella said:
Follow the mirror (not the weighing scale) I don't get into much calculations like u do (which is not bad) but try to get strong... with weight gainer u might also gain fat if you are unable to utilize it properly. Spending money on weight gainers is stupid.... if u think u can burn the extra carbs doing GOMAD then there is nothing like GOMAD. It will give u rapid weight gain with muscle and strength gains also but u might not like the fat gain with it. Imo tarin hard and stick with whatever bodyfat % u like in the mirror.

Syntha 6 is better and so is :

Centrum: scientifically-advanced complete multivitamins

Well , I like to monitor my progress .. keeps me going :) .

Anyway I know weight gaining supplement is more or less a waste of money however I have a dislike for a lot of things , eg don't like milk ,boiled eggs , many vegetables etc , so I try and gain extra calories from Weight gaining supplements . So any recommendations ?

Guess I ll use myofusion and Optimen for now , Will PM you next time though before buying .

Thanks for the reply :)

While weight training ur muscles swell up due to increased blood flow... that's called the pump.

shady2pac said:
what exactly is a pump, rockfella?

Well... u don't like the best natural avl cheap amazing foods :huh:. . . . whatever rocks your boat bro. I hated spinach but started having it after years..... ;)

udayrulz said:
Well , I like to monitor my progress .. keeps me going :) .

Anyway I know weight gaining supplement is more or less a waste of money however I have a dislike for a lot of things , eg don't like milk ,boiled eggs , many vegetables etc , so I try and gain extra calories from Weight gaining supplements . So any recommendations ?

Guess I ll use myofusion and Optimen for now , Will PM you next time though before buying .

Thanks for the reply :)

Here is something I am facing. I was obese and over 100 kilos. With regular exercise and some healthier planning choices, I am down in the overweight category with my actual weight in the low 90's. This is after 3 months. I should also mention that I have an underactive thyroid as well.

SO now, i am not seeing a lot of weight loss for nearly a month now with more or less around .5 kg of difference but I am sure I am getting fitter. I can run over 10 mins nonstop on the tread mill and have lost a bit of the paunch.

But why am I not losing weight?

Most of the people focus on weight loss instead of fat loss. Don't worry about ur situation. Start squatting 3 times a week, trust me u will be able to run more longer and this will happen almost rapidly..... squats will make ur legs/lower back strong! Running longer + Squat = more fat burn.;)

PS: The rapid weight loss u experienced was because once a person gets into a fat/weight loss programe the initial weight loss usually happens easily... and it gets slower and difficult as u will progress .... face it, don't give up! :) Don't eat carbs before sleeping, have carbs only post workout.

SharekhaN said:
Here is something I am facing. I was obese and over 100 kilos. With regular exercise and some healthier planning choices, I am down in the overweight category with my actual weight in the low 90's. This is after 3 months. I should also mention that I have an underactive thyroid as well.

SO now, i am not seeing a lot of weight loss for nearly a month now with more or less around .5 kg of difference but I am sure I am getting fitter. I can run over 10 mins nonstop on the tread mill and have lost a bit of the paunch.

But why am I not losing weight?

^ I had a similar problem, when I switched to a mix of Pranayam, Kapal bhati and Surya Mudra [http://www.a2zyoga.com/yoga-poses/surya-mudra.php], for 15, 5, and 15 mins, followed by 20 mins of jogging. No major changes were done in my diet, except for reducing oily food intake - didn't stop completely mind you -, and of course drinking lots of water.

Result - 19% weight loss in 8 months :D

Rockfella said:
Yes the bar is avl for around Rs. 500. Pull-ups/chin-ups are great exercises and give brute strength in the biceps and back not chest really. U can eat as much as u can digest properly.... try to eat small more frequent meals.... no carbs before sleeping.

for 500 bucks? where?all the places I searched in Bangalore quoted me a minimum 3-4k.

Gurgaon. NCR. I am talking about a chin-up bar, basic chin-up bar that fits in doors not a high end fancy one. Not heard of anything for 3-4k rofl!

raptor3624 said:
for 500 bucks? where?all the places I searched in Bangalore quoted me a minimum 3-4k.

In this hot summer what drink you guys suggest? and as its natural that ppl don't wanna have regular meal specially lunch due to hot temp, same as i too don't wanna have meal during lunch, then what to do? any suggestion on this?

since im trying to lose weight, what kind of food can i have for breakfast....what im rite now having is 2 fistfulls of cornflakes with 1 glass of milk..is it advisable? what else do you guys suggest.......

Rockfella said:
Most of the people focus on weight loss instead of fat loss. Don't worry about ur situation. Start squatting 3 times a week, trust me u will be able to run more longer and this will happen almost rapidly..... squats will make ur legs/lower back strong! Running longer + Squat = more fat burn.;)
PS: The rapid weight loss u experienced was because once a person gets into a fat/weight loss programe the initial weight loss usually happens easily... and it gets slower and difficult as u will progress .... face it, don't give up! :) Don't eat carbs before sleeping, have carbs only post workout.

Agreed!! Personal experience. didnt include the Legs workout into my schedule for first few months. wasnt getting what i was aiming for. and the day since i 'rectified' my wrong,a tremendous flow of change has been all there.
SQUATS=Must!

shady2pac said:
since im trying to lose weight, what kind of food can i have for breakfast....what im rite now having is 2 fistfulls of cornflakes with 1 glass of milk..is it advisable? what else do you guys suggest.......

google about HIITs. Dont whether Rockfella has mentioned the same in earlier pages of thsi thread or not. but the routine works really well and for sure.
but start off with some easy and light cardio so that your body gets used to it then switch to HIIT.
used to weigh around 138kilos once. basic cardio and proper eating habits helped a lot. then HIIT funda helped me to retain what i achieved.

shady2pac said:

Stop eating cornflakes, start eating oatmeal/muesli with skimmed milk.

Thanks for sharing your experience. It is only when people start squatting DLing they feel the difference in their entire body. HIIT is good but many people who think they do HIIT are not really exerting themselves to an extent to do a full fledged HIIT. The best way is to start with slow steady cardio and gradually start HIIT. Sprint HIIT is best, one should sprint as if a rabid dog is running after you :cool2: then HIIT works rapidly! However the best way to go is to do a combination of SSC (Steady state cardio) and HIIT. (once one can handle HIIT)

Ankur said:
Agreed!! Personal experience. didnt include the Legs workout into my schedule for first few months. wasnt getting what i was aiming for. and the day since i 'rectified' my wrong,a tremendous flow of change has been all there.

SQUATS=Must!
google about HIITs. Dont whether Rockfella has mentioned the same in earlier pages of thsi thread or not. but the routine works really well and for sure.

but start off with some easy and light cardio so that your body gets used to it then switch to HIIT.

used to weigh around 138kilos once. basic cardio and proper eating habits helped a lot. then HIIT funda helped me to retain what i achieved.

Help needed : I am having pain the right foot near ankle. Its possible because of regular running. Due to this I have halted my jogging sessions. Its beeen ~3-4 days, the pain only grow when I try to run while its kind of normal while cycling and walking.

Any solution so that I can get it sorted and start my regular routine ? Till date I have applied fast relieve couple of time before going to bed.

I used to have such pains when I started out. However its not so much of a bother now.

Check footwear and padding.

Also try landing on your toes rather than your lower part of your foot while running on the treadmill.

Back