The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

hiviky2212 said:
started doing squats on saturday , did 90 3 sets of 30 somehow and now i need atleast 2 people to carry me around , my legs all jammed:p

Lesson learnt -> never get excited in initial period and do more than required

Hoping my legs will get back in normal condition soon :mad:

LOL:bleh:.....can relate to that to an extent. I too started to do squats from Saturday and did like 45 in 3 sets and the next morning i needed two ppl to lift me off the floor(i sleep on the floor). and the worst part is that the gym is closed on Sundays and the whole day it was like nightmare for me. I cudnt bend the kneed and if i did i didnt have control and felt like i wud fall on to the ground...
and yeah like rockfella said squat again the next day and ull fell much better. I still have the pain in thighs but waaay better than Sunday morning.:eek:hyeah:

@rockfella....how often can I squat?

If u squat like crazy from day 1 u will suffer from extreme soreness. U can squat 3 times a week with a whole day rest between workouts. Since u r starting out there is no need to do 45 reps. Just do 5 sets of 5 reps (Don't fancy the pump) Start very light with only 20 kgs (total weight) and increase 1.25x2 kg weight in every workout. within 60 days u will squat 60 kgs provided u follow technique and donot let ur ego rule ur workouts. Starting light is very important, body takes time to get used to squat and strength gains will be almost rapid if u follow 5 x 5 sets and reps.

shady2pac said:
LOL:bleh:.....can relate to that to an extent. I too started to do squats from Saturday and did like 45 in 3 sets and the next morning i needed two ppl to lift me off the floor(i sleep on the floor). and the worst part is that the gym is closed on Sundays and the whole day it was like nightmare for me. I cudnt bend the kneed and if i did i didnt have control and felt like i wud fall on to the ground...

and yeah like rockfella said squat again the next day and ull fell much better. I still have the pain in thighs but waaay better than Sunday morning.:eek:hyeah:
@rockfella....how often can I squat?

thx rockfella thats really useful. havent really started sqautting with weights. Just squatting like this to basically get used to the exercise. Once my legs get used to squats Ill add weights.

It is very good that u wanted to practice squatting before jumping to heavy weights. Time to start "back squat" now. Start very light with even 5+5=10kgs or 20 kgs max.
shady2pac said:
thx rockfella thats really useful. havent really started sqautting with weights. Just squatting like this to basically get used to the exercise. Once my legs get used to squats Ill add weights.

hey guys just prepared this workout schedule with the help of some online material. i was wondering if 2 exercises for each part of the pody is enough or do i have to add more?..pls comment and advise...

BEGINNER(FIRST MONTH)​
ARMS
1.Barbell Bicep Curls------4 sets, 12-15 reps each
2.Triceps Push Downs------4 sets, 12-15 reps each

CHEST
1. Barbell Flat Bench Press-----4 sets, 12-15 reps each
2. Pec-Deck Fly Machine-----4 sets, 12-15 reps each

SHOULDERS
1. Machine Shoulder Press-----4 sets, 12-15 reps each
2.Cable Upright Row-----4 sets, 12-15 reps each
(Note: Need an alternative to this as this machine is not there in the Gym)

ABDOMEN & LOWER BACK
1. Back Squats-----3 sets,5 reps each
2. Pelvic Tilts-----3 sets, 10 reps each

BACK
1. Lat Pull Down-----4 sets, 12-15 reps each
2. Machine Pull Over----4 sets, 12-15 reps each
(Note: Need an alternative to this as this machine is not there in the Gym)

LEGS
1. Leg Press-----4 sets, 12-15 reps each
2. Leg Curls-----4 sets, 12-15 reps each

SCHEDULE OVER THE WEEK(6 DAYS)​

Monday- Arms, Back, Legs

Tuesday- Chest, Abdomen, Lower Back and Shoulders

Wednesday- Arms, Back, Legs

Thursday- Chest, Abdomen, Lower Back and Shoulders

Friday- Arms, Back, Legs

Saturday
- Chest,, Abdomen, Lower Back and Shoulders

Attachments

• Workout.doc
    21 KB · Views: 128

My Diet on workout & non-Workout days

Morning

Pre workout 150ml of grape juice with 5/10gms of creatine

Post workout -> 2 scoops of 100% whey with 4 egg whites + 1 apple

12'o clock -> i glass of lime juice with nannari syrup for cooling the body

2'0 clock -> 3 cups of rice with 150 gms of chicken breast

5'0 clock -> 1 scoop of whey with 1 cucumber + 2 egg whites

7'o clock -> 1 cup of green tea with 5 almonds

8.30 -> 100 gms of chicken breast with 1 medium large boiled potato / 2 chappati

10.15 -> i sc0op of syntha 6 with fat free skim milk

this diet - not even a diet this food habit keep my stomach flat flatron like cause no FAT more than 30 gms per day so its very easy for active life style

Nutrition is the key to success behind all fitness

i take 3 multivitamin tablets daily after each meal as i consulted doctor using vitamins is no problem at all

Didn't notice this thread earlier , even I started working out around 3 months ago .

I was underweight at the time , 66Kg 6'1" , 11" arms heh .

Now I am 74Kg's , 13.x" arms , 100 lbs bench press x 8 reps , 30lbs dumbbell curls .. following combination of Mark Ripptoe's weight training schedule and the one given by the instructor at gym . Body fat should be around 12-13 % , will cut @ around 80 Kg .

Initial progress was very fast due to nub gains and all .. slowed down a bit now .

Supplements - Pre Workout - Super Pump 250 , Post Workout - ON Pro Mass Gainer + 5Mg Creatine , Multi Vitamins - ON OptiMen (1 months since I ordered not here yet , kmd ftw lol .) .

Going to get Myofusion or something soon enough , any advice .. rock seems like a pro in giving advice :p

Nice progress... stick with barbell compound exercises. Super pump and BSN NO explode etc are good products but they essentially contain caffeine etc. not really needed unless u hit a pleatue. if you really want the best suppliments then chuck ON and get BSN Syntha 6 OR Dymatize combined with animal cuts/stack. Start squatting and deadlifting and see how all your mass/strength goes up rapidly! Also do bodyweight dips, chin-ups etc. These exercises are tough but once they start showing results u won't look back. Don't waste too much time with dumbells for atleast 9-10 months.

udayrulz said:
Didn't notice this thread earlier , even I started working out around 3 months ago. I was underweight at the time , 66Kg 6'1" , 11" arms heh. Now I am 74Kg's , 13.x" arms , 100 lbs bench press x 8 reps , 30lbs dumbbell curls .. following combination of Mark Ripptoe's weight training schedule and the one given by the instructor at gym . Body fat should be around 12-13 % , will cut @ around 80 Kg. Initial progress was very fast due to nub gains and all .. slowed down a bit now. Supplements - Pre Workout - Super Pump 250 , Post Workout - ON Pro Mass Gainer + 5Mg Creatine , Multi Vitamins - ON OptiMen (1 months since I ordered not here yet , kmd ftw lol .) Going to get Myofusion or something soon enough , any advice .. rock seems like a pro in giving advice :p

Chuck this routine, just follow this:

Workout A

Squat 5x5

Bench Press 5x5

Inverted Rows 3xF

Push-ups 3xF

Reverse Crunch 3x12

Workout B

Squat 5x5

Overhead Press 5x5

Deadlift 1x5

Pull-ups/Chin-ups 3xF

Prone Bridges 3x30sec

• Alternate workout A & B each session.

• Most people train Mo/We/Fr or Tu/Th/Su or Sa/Tu/Th.

• Always take at least 48 hours rest between 2 workouts.

• Alternate Pull-ups & Chin-ups each workout B.

• Do 5 sets of 5 reps with the same weight on all exercises.

• Deadlifts is only 1 set of 5 reps.

• Do 3 sets until failure on body-weight exercises: 3 sets of as many reps as you can do with good technique.

shady2pac said:
hey guys just prepared this workout schedule with the help of some online material.

Amazing diet! Add loads of green veggies and gallons of water everyday, also take fishoils, u can also take some triphala (Himalaya) and Liv 52.

speedyfreak said:
My Diet on workout & non-Workout days

Morning

Pre workout 150ml of grape juice with 5/10gms of creatine

Post workout -> 2 scoops of 100% whey with 4 egg whites + 1 apple

12'o clock -> i glass of lime juice with nannari syrup for cooling the body

2'0 clock -> 3 cups of rice with 150 gms of chicken breast

5'0 clock -> 1 scoop of whey with 1 cucumber + 2 egg whites

7'o clock -> 1 cup of green tea with 5 almonds

8.30 -> 100 gms of chicken breast with 1 medium large boiled potato / 2 chappati

10.15 -> i sc0op of syntha 6 with fat free skim milk

this diet - not even a diet this food habit keep my stomach flat flatron like cause no FAT more than 30 gms per day so its very easy for active life style

Nutrition is the key to success behind all fitness

i take 3 multivitamin tablets daily after each meal as i consulted doctor using vitamins is no problem at all

No man no! refer to this:

How to Squat with Proper Technique without Injuring Yourself | StrongLifts.com

U have to add weight to the bar on a regular bases and don't worry u will get strong rapidly, i was able to increase my squat from measly 20 kgs to 60-65 kgs (Squatting 3 times a week :eek:) in flat two months without supplements :p Deadlift went from 40 kgs to 110 kgs for reps ;)

shady2pac said:

@ rockfella

I strict on carbs & sugars - i dont want to raise my insulin levels ! just getting enough energy from bCAA's

udayrulz said:
Didn't notice this thread earlier , even I started working out around 3 months ago .

I was underweight at the time , 66Kg 6'1" , 11" arms heh .

Now I am 74Kg's , 13.x" arms , 100 lbs bench press x 8 reps , 30lbs dumbbell curls .. following combination of Mark Ripptoe's weight training schedule and the one given by the instructor at gym . Body fat should be around 12-13 % , will cut @ around 80 Kg .

Initial progress was very fast due to nub gains and all .. slowed down a bit now .

Supplements - Pre Workout - Super Pump 250 , Post Workout - ON Pro Mass Gainer + 5Mg Creatine , Multi Vitamins - ON OptiMen (1 months since I ordered not here yet , kmd ftw lol .) .

Going to get Myofusion or something soon enough , any advice .. rock seems like a pro in giving advice :p

Super pump 250 ?? did u get vomit , headache , diarrhea on taking first ??

Myofusion is awesome choice !

speedyfreak said:
@ rockfella

I strict on carbs & sugars - i dont want to raise my insulin levels ! just getting enough energy from bCAA's

Super pump 250 ?? did u get vomit , headache , diarrhea on taking first ??

Myofusion is awesome choice !

lol , no should I be getting it ? :rofl:

Stay away from Superpump BSN No explode etc. They give a blood rush and are good only when u hit pleatue :baby:

When u put all efforts in diet/exercise/sleep etc but stop gettings results... these products can boost your energy in the gym... another way is to simply rest for some time like 15-20 days. Products like BSN NO explode and super pump only give energy in the gym while working out, they don't do anything productive in the long run... the worst part in once u get addicted to them u will find it very hard to workout without them... i'd hate that personally... don't know about you :p There are 10 other ways to workout with intensity .. . . apart from taking these pills. I bought hydroxycut and noticed blood rush, stopped after a week... started squatting and was able to run longer without it rofl!

speedyfreak said:
Wat is that pleatue ??

U guys should not worry about pleastues... it takes time to happen.... train hard, eat well, sleep well.

Yes - i saw some serious side effects of super pump ( the nasty effects ) so i decided to use gatorade + 1 cup of coffee for my pre workout

Even that is not required bro... just warm up nicely.... and keep yourself motivated. Getting results from working out smartly doing heavy compounds moves is priceless! Some friends of mine follow this and beat the steroid guys in overall fitness ;)

speedyfreak said:
Yes - i saw some serious side effects of super pump ( the nasty effects ) so i decided to use gatorade + 1 cup of coffee for my pre workout

Guys, how important is breathing while doing weights? My trainer says that breathing is no big deal and breathe as you like while training(weight). Im not entirely convinced as I have read reasonable material online where inhaling/exhaling is emphasized during ST. So while weight training when shud I inhale and exhale? Is it true that you shud inhale while pushing/pulling weights against gravity and vice-versa?

PS:Started squatting with weights and fealt really good(might be the thought of myself getting strog and losing fat:eek:hyeah:).Did 5 sets with 6 reps.

Not super important... just breath naturally. U have to start with 20 kg (TOTAL WEIGHT) 5 sets of 5 reps (Don't run after the pump!). See how u can increase 2.5kg TOTAL weight every time u squat and do other exercise. U need 1.25kg weight plates. This small increase is so important that if ur gym has no 1.25kg plates u should buy them or ur results will suffer greatly!

shady2pac said:
Guys, how important is breathing while doing weights? My trainer says that breathing is no big deal and breathe as you like while training(weight). Im not entirely convinced as I have read reasonable material online where inhaling/exhaling is emphasized during ST. So while weight training when shud I inhale and exhale? Is it true that you shud inhale while pushing/pulling weights against gravity and vice-versa?

PS:Started squatting with weights and fealt really good(might be the thought of myself getting strog and losing fat:eek:hyeah:).Did 5 sets with 6 reps.

i want to get pull up bars......As i want to strengthen my chest

YouTube - Doorway Pull Up Bar Review by John Sifferman

Is this one available in india and any good

I am 27 age weights 56 height 5 foot 8 inches...12-13 kg underweight

Also what stuff should i eat or how many short meals can i have in a day.....I am a non veg but would prefer a veg diet as non veg shows allergy when taken too much or comes in effect with milk on my body with red patches(especially prawn...i dont like plain chicken but spicy one like triple schzwen...but can go for eggs)

@ Rock , at weight do you think I should start cutting ?

I am 6'1" around 160lbs (73kg) , 13% body fat . Is bulking till around 80kg (max 15% body fat) and the cutting down to 77-78 Kg a good idea ?

Also added Myofusion to my stack today , need a Weight gainer now .. any recommendations ? btw is syntha 6 better than myofusion , if so may be I can return this and get that . Also regarding Animal Cuts aren't they for cutting / fat loss .. animal pak is like 8 tab's a day way tooo much .. so sticking with ON Multi Vitamin for now.

shady2pac said:

You have to exhale when pulling / pushing

Back