The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

After getting a tepid response in a standalone thread, I thought why not try it here. The queries remain same:

I am a beginner... hit the gym about a month ago.

Aim is simple: I need exercises that keep me fit, my body flexible and overall health normal.

Problem is that I utilize gym in the place where I work and owing to schedule, go for exercise around midnight. That means there is no instructor. A couple of people have suggested exercises, but I would love to hear what fitness gurus at TE have to say about it:

Weight: 67 (trying to lose around 4-5Kg)
Height: 5'6"
Build: Average

Initially I started walking on treadmill. Nowadays I am jogging/walking on treadmill for little over 3km in 22-24 mins (two sessions of 12 mins with one minute break) and doing cycling for 3km in 10 minutes. Well it's not exactly cycling but working on a cycle like device where you don't sit but stand on a few broad pedals and then move forward (know the name of this machine, please tell)

I am not interested in weight training, unless it is important. Aerobics stuff is more interesting to me. I especially need help on stretching etc.

I have tried many times to loose my weight and failed :(.Damn i am obese now .Need to shred weight very badly.Need a good diet plan( i am eating junk everyday) and workout plan .Will be starting in 2 weeks ie once i go to NZ( Not possible in India as i am here for holidays and i am traveling a lot) .Here are my stats

Weight:110Kgs :ashamed:

Height:6.2"

I need to shred 25kgs to reach ideal weight .How long will it take for me to shred ??

Some one suggest me a plan.This time i am going to follow it strictly.

Squat and jog, carbs only post workout, no carbs before sleeping. Eat loads of fiber (papaya) and green vegetables.

Metalspree said:
I have tried many times to loose my weight and failed :(.Damn i am obese now .Need to shred weight very badly.Need a good diet plan( i am eating junk everyday) and workout plan .Will be starting in 2 weeks ie once i go to NZ( Not possible in India as i am here for holidays and i am traveling a lot) .Here are my stats

Weight:110Kgs :ashamed:

Height:6.2"

I need to shred 25kgs to reach ideal weight .How long will it take for me to shred ??

Some one suggest me a plan.This time i am going to follow it strictly.

@Rockefella can i follow the diet posted by speedyfreak in the previous page .I am looking for a strict diet plan so that i dont end up failing this time as well .Here is the diet plan posted by speedyfreak

speedyfreak said:
My Diet on workout & non-Workout days

Morning

Pre workout 150ml of grape juice with 5/10gms of creatine

Post workout -> 2 scoops of 100% whey with 4 egg whites + 1 apple

12'o clock -> i glass of lime juice with nannari syrup for cooling the body

2'0 clock -> 3 cups of rice with 150 gms of chicken breast

5'0 clock -> 1 scoop of whey with 1 cucumber + 2 egg whites

7'o clock -> 1 cup of green tea with 5 almonds

8.30 -> 100 gms of chicken breast with 1 medium large boiled potato / 2 chappati

10.15 -> i sc0op of syntha 6 with fat free skim milk

this diet - not even a diet this food habit keep my stomach flat flatron like cause no FAT more than 30 gms per day so its very easy for active life style

Nutrition is the key to success behind all fitness

i take 3 multivitamin tablets daily after each meal as i consulted doctor using vitamins is no problem at all

I am not a doctor but we have a certified doctor in my office and he suggested ULTRANAC-MR for a week for my still injured right shoulder which worked wonders. Try that, give some rest and massage your feet with olive/mustard oil every third day.

Dark Star said:
Help needed : I am having pain the right foot near ankle. Its possible because of regular running. Due to this I have halted my jogging sessions. Its beeen ~3-4 days, the pain only grow when I try to run while its kind of normal while cycling and walking.

Any solution so that I can get it sorted and start my regular routine ? Till date I have applied fast relieve couple of time before going to bed.

Remove the creatine, if u want dramatic results switch to 100% boiled food! Results will start showing in a week's time however u need to sacrifice taste etc. Lets see how desperate you are. :cool2:

Metalspree said:
@Rockefella can i follow the diet posted by speedyfreak in the previous page .I am looking for a strict diet plan so that i dont end up failing this time as well .Here is the diet plan posted by speedyfreak

Can someone suggest me a decent diet chart, heres what I have during the day.

1. Breakfast 8:00 am- Tea with 2 pieces of bread and butter. Sometimes i skip the BB option due to delay in time.
2. Lunch : 1:45 : 4 Chappati with dal and vegetable + salad (depends on the menu of the mess)
3. Evening Time ~6:00-6:30 : Oats
4 Dinner : ~9:00 - 2-3 Chappati with curd and vegetable

Apart from this I don't like to have fast food and all, but sometimes once in a while friends do force such stuff down my throat. Some of the stuff that I take between the college timings are Amul Cool, rarely I drink cold drink ( I prefer Tropicana and Amul COol over it) .

After my exercise in the morning and evening I used to take a glass of Glucon D, is tang a better alternative to it ?

Please do suggest me some better option if feasible.

Edit : I always have fruits now and then during the day ;)

Dark Star said:
After my exercise in the morning and evening I used to take a glass of Glucon D, is tang a better alternative to it ?

No , stick to Gulucon D. You can try Gatorade if you want .

U need to eat eggs/meat/fish etc OR else try to get proteins from veg products like cottage cheese. Water is best, no glucon-D and geterode, take sypradyne multi-vitamins, one tab 30 mins after breakfast. ;)

Dark Star said:
Can someone suggest me a decent diet chart, heres what I have during the day.

1. Breakfast 8:00 am- Tea with 2 pieces of bread and butter. Sometimes i skip the BB option due to delay in time.

2. Lunch : 1:45 : 4 Chappati with dal and vegetable + salad (depends on the menu of the mess)

3. Evening Time ~6:00-6:30 : Oats

4 Dinner : ~9:00 - 2-3 Chappati with curd and vegetable

Apart from this I don't like to have fast food and all, but sometimes once in a while friends do force such stuff down my throat. Some of the stuff that I take between the college timings are Amul Cool, rarely I drink cold drink ( I prefer Tropicana and Amul COol over it) .

Please do suggest me some better option if feasible.

Edit : I always have fruits now and then during the day ;)

Update....

Started hitting the Gym from March 19, weighing abt 97 kilos. After 2 months of cardio and strength training now Im 90kilos. Thnks fellas for all the inputs reg workout schedues and diet control.

^^Make sure you do squats inorder to strengthen your legs otherwise it will be a hell of pain :p

Apart from that make sure you do abs and other exercise and do not skip the routine.

Will be starting gym from 1st :D

Good luck.

shady2pac said:
Update....

Started hitting the Gym from March 19, weighing abt 97 kilos. After 2 months of cardio and strength training now Im 90kilos. Thnks fellas for all the inputs reg workout schedues and diet control.

Not good for fat loss.

ajab.ghajab said:
This post mentions taking rice with chicken for lunch. Is that really a weight loss mechanism? Isn't rice a strict no no?

Just a small update ,

I am 75-76 kg now .. , Arms 13.8" pumped , started at 66KG , 11.2" 3 months ago .

Bench Press is up from a measly 5kg x 2 to 25kg x 2 for 10 reps .

One thing that I hate though is the stretch marks :mad:

I eat a lot(especially rice) but still no effect of body:no: as thin as before:mad: no change:( any comments on this! why its happening?

udayrulz said:
Just a small update ,

I am 75-76 kg now .. , Arms 13.8" pumped , started at 66KG , 11.2" 3 months ago .

and i used to think I am the only one.. :mad:

udayrulz said:
Just a small update ,

Whats your height ?

Back