The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Any recent changes in food intake/sleep pattern/sudden work pressure/family issues, anything disturbing you mentally? How long have u been working out regularly? months?

rishabh.asthana said:
50 KG total though i touched 60 too but could only do 6-8 reps with them

Rockfella said:
Any recent changes in food intake/sleep pattern, anything disturbing you mentally? How long have u been working out regularly? months?
Just joined a new company after 2 years of MBA :p

i have started to eat more but basically junk food :( i have been working out for nearly 6 months now without any breaks. dont know what happened but i have lost mass and stamina :(

Has any one used Animal Pak ? , If so is it any good . .? .

I am considering getting that and either Syntha 6 or Musceltech Nitrotech Protein ..

If you've started working for the first time the new environment/routine might take a toll . . . Quit junk food or limit it to only once a week buddy, not worth it! Since you've been working out since 6 months, take a break for 15 days! Complete break!

rishabh.asthana said:
Just joined a new company after 2 years of MBA :p

i have started to eat more but basically junk food :( i have been working out for nearly 6 months now without any breaks. dont know what happened but i have lost mass and stamina :(

Animal pack is good, get syntha 6 but again there is no alternative to eating healthy food forever. :)

udayrulz said:
Has any one used Animal Pak ? , If so is it any good . .? .

I am considering getting that and either Syntha 6 or Musceltech Nitrotech Protein ..

Didn't wanna start a new thread for this. So hear goes.

Recently I started working out with dumbbell. 5kg ones. (disc). Me wants to put up some muscles as i'm quite fed up of everyone telling me that i'm skinny. I figured that I tend to do a lot more push-ups, pull-ups and dumbel exercises when I have my arms wrapped with a piece of cloth.. It sorta delays the fatigue. I do restrict myself from pushing over the edge and snapping something. I googled it a bit and found out that hand tapes are available and function likewise. Where can I get these? are there any alternatives?

Bullshit, just have 500 mls of whole milk for the next 3 days, then 3 days 1 liter, then 3 days 1.5 liters, then 3 days 2 liters, then 3 days 2.5 liters, then 3 days 3 liters, then 3 days 3.5 liters, then 3 days 3.5 liters, then 3 days 4 liters for two months! There is nothing in this world that can stop you from getting heavier if you have 4 liters of milk a day for two months or whenever you reach your target weight. If you don't exercise don't blaim me for the extra fat that you will also gain!

blueren said:

Recently I started working out with dumbbell. 5kg ones. (disc). Me wants to put up some muscles as i'm quite fed up of everyone telling me that i'm skinny. I figured that I tend to do a lot more push-ups, pull-ups and dumbel exercises when I have my arms wrapped with a piece of cloth.. It sorta delays the fatigue. I do restrict myself from pushing over the edge and snapping something. I googled it a bit and found out that hand tapes are available and function likewise. Where can I get these? are there any alternatives?

Rockfella said:
Bullshit, just have 500 mls of whole milk for the next 3 days, then 3 days 1 liter, then 3 days 1.5 liters, then 3 days 2 liters, then 3 days 2.5 liters, then 3 days 3 liters, then 3 days 3.5 liters, then 3 days 3.5 liters, then 3 days 4 liters for two months! There is nothing in this world that can stop you from getting heavier if you have 4 liters of milk a day for two months or whenever you reach your target weight. If you don't exercise don't blaim me for the extra fat that you will also gain!
I do drink a glass of milk every morning. One glass for me is roughly 85% of half liter milk packet. 4 lt milk in a day. are you kidding?! :disguise2: By whole milk, do u mean unprocessed milk straight from the cow creature? DudE! We don't even buy 3lts of milk a day!! :ashamed:

blueren said:
I do drink a glass of milk every morning. One glass for me is roughly 85% of half liter milk packet. 4 lt milk in a day. are you kidding?! :disguise2: By whole milk, do u mean unprocessed milk straight from the cow creature? DudE! We don't even buy 3lts of milk a day!! :ashamed:
lol even i drink close to 2 lts of milk everyday...though i mix it with whey...also milk proteins are amongst the best...if you wanna get fat, exercise everyday and drink milk if possible go for banana shake that way you will get a proper fit body

No by whole milk i mean full cream milk. One/two glass won't make a difference, to gain weight you need to create "calorie excess" easiest way of doing it is by drinking 4 liters of WHOLE milk a day for two months (approx) it is unbeatable way of gaining weight. Google GOMAD. If you don't buy 4 liters per day then start buying it 'coz this is the only way you can put on some weight. This works 100% no failures, many people who tried various methods of gaining weight thoughout their lifes and failed have gained weight with GOMAD. Don't be afraid, it is possible and people have done it with success all over the world.

blueren said:

blueren said:

I figured that I tend to do a lot more push-ups, pull-ups and dumbel exercises when I have my arms wrapped with a piece of cloth.. It sorta delays the fatigue.

arms wrapped with a piece of cloth? you mean to say you are using hand-wraps?

Using handwraps wont propel you in doing pushups or pullups, may be a couple of them more coz of the grip.Else they are generally used to prevent unwanted injury while doing bag work in Martial arts or Boxing etc.It gives support to the wrists.

Hand wraps, gloves etc all sissy accessories! You are spot on!

raptor3624 said:
arms wrapped with a piece of cloth? you mean to say you are using hand-wraps?

Using handwraps wont propel you in doing pushups or pullups, may be a couple of them more coz of the grip.Else they are generally used to prevent unwanted injury while doing bag work in Martial arts or Boxing etc.It gives support to the wrists.

Okay piece of cloth as in sorta like crepe bandage. from wrist till elbow. Since I only recently started working out with dumbells, I could do a max of 17 to 20 times at a stretch for my biceps. With the wrap I did flat 40. And the muscle fatigue which I used to feel was considerably reduced.

Stop using that, do everything barehand.
blueren said:
Okay piece of cloth as in sorta like crepe bandage. from wrist till elbow. Since I only recently started working out with dumbells, I could do a max of 17 to 20 times at a stretch for my biceps. With the wrap I did flat 40. And the muscle fatigue which I used to feel was considerably reduced.

Finally found 1.25KG of plates from a store in Bangalore.I had enquired the same shop 9 months ago but didn't have them.Now that the Ortho doc has given me the green signal, I will start the 5X5 shortly.Hopefully, this doesn't screw up my shoulders again as it did 7 months ago.

I also need a pair. Can u plz PM ur phone number??
raptor3624 said:
Finally found 1.25KG of plates from a store in Bangalore.I had enquired the same shop 9 months ago but didn't have them.Now that the Ortho doc has given me the green signal, I will start the 5X5 shortly.Hopefully, this doesn't screw up my shoulders again as it did 7 months ago.

i've got
4 x 5kg plates
4 x 2kg plates
2 x Chrome plated high quality metal rods. (Not sure about the length, though they are dumbell rods only.)

The plates are High quality Rubber coated plates.
Bought all the stuff from Sports Authority of India when i used to be the part of the national team for Rs.27/kg. Used them only for like 10-15 days as i'm a very lazy guy.

Will give it to anybody who seriously needs them at a very cheap price. PM me. Only for Delhi NCR mates as they can pick themselves from my place.

SO I finally started gyming along with regular jog/sprinting (morning). I am 5"10 and weigh around 77. The body shape is ok except the body is not tight and quite loose around belly part. Its been a week the trainer started training and from yesterday my circuit training has started.

The trainer has given me the diet chart :

He suggested me to take protein . I am skeptical about taking supplements. What about its side effect and what about its supplement (natural?) ?

Should I take supplements (protein) or not ?

Nothing wrong in taking protein supplements! One needs proteins to build muscle and maintain a healthy body. Good supplements are a "simpler/fast yet expensive and definitely superior way to get high quality protein into your system". Best source of protein is WHEY. It has highest bioavailability. The only problem with supplements is that people expect a lot while taking them an forget that these are "supplements! " not staple food. Have 1 whey protein shake 30 mins after workout and one in the evening/morning. Don't expect miracles and never buy the one your fitness coach is suggesting you. Get Dymatize 10 lbs dabba, best VFM/tried and tested. However my personal advice is to get proteins from different sources like chicken breasts/milk/soya/fish etc. Nothing beats them, keep in mind supplements are costly and you will need them all the time. Ideally start using them if you can afford them forever OR get one dabba and see how it works out for you.

You get get it from here:

Dymatize - Elite Whey Protien 10 lbs

^ 10 lbs

Dymatize - Elite Whey 5 lbs

^ 5lbs.

Good luck.

Dark Star said:
SO I finally started gyming along with regular jog/sprinting (morning). I am 5"10 and weigh around 77. The body shape is ok except the body is not tight and quite loose around belly part. Its been a week the trainer started training and from yesterday my circuit training has started.

The trainer has given me the diet chart :

He suggested me to take protein . I am skeptical about taking supplements. What about its side effect and what about its supplement (natural?) ?

Should I take supplements (protein) or not ?

Back