The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Well.. there are plenty of studies in this world which say that a certain thing si very good, while there are plenty of other studies that always counter them. I dont think they are too bad as such.But I dont eat them either.I stick to oats and museli.

Used to eat Kellogs chocos as snacks instead of the junk while watching tv.

I think if one has time, he/she should cut down on processed food as much as possible.

Do oats come in good flavours, i do not like the stock flavour. About Museli...what brand to buy. I have never bought one :S

No flavours in oats as far as I know.even if it comes in flavours, I would avuid it.Just buy the regular Quaker oats and eat with banana, grapes or apple etc.better still mis them.wouldn't hurt in mixing some almonds there too. I add half a spoon of sugar for a firstful of oats for breakfast.or u could use a spoon of honey after the oats is prepared.

The supermarket near my house keeps Bagrrys museli.

Bagrry's Muesli - Crunchy Muesli, Sohealthy Muesli, Healthy Crunch Muesli,Fruit n Fibre Muesli, More Mueslis

It's really good.comes in a lot of flavours like mixed fruit, strawberry etc.I like it a lot but dont know if they use too much artificial sweeteners.I eat museli as an evening snack when I get home or sometimes as breakfast.but I use them essentially as emergency snacks.Just grab a fistful and munch it like pop corn :)

I do not know of any other brands since I started eating them only 6 months ago.I think the sale started only recently when the market opened for oats.

A lot of western fitness enthusiasts eat home made museli.need to research about it.If it's economical(so to speak), then home made is the way.

In general minimally processed cereals such as oats or ragi (traditional in Karnataka also known as millet) may be better than processed cereals. Processed cereals may have loads of salt, suger, and fats and maybe even artificial colors (read the ingredient list). I would stick to cooked cereals (such as oats) as far as possible though processed cereals occasionally for convenience should be fine.

Started 5 x 5 @ home, with 15 kgs instead of 20. Will be doing 5 x 10 for the entire week to get into "groove". This weekend will get a pull-up bar arranged somehow. I bought a pair of 2.5,5,7.5kgs plates and sliced a 2kg pair to get exact 1.235kg for micro loading (lol i cut it more than required so got 1.235 instead of 1.250 :baby:) It was easy. Have to buy:
1 month stock of Oats, chicken breasts, green veggies, tagara, Triphala, fish oils (any suggestions? How is amway fishoil?)
Some other knick-kacks. Suggestions are most welcome.

I have more or less hit a bump . Finding it hard to increase diet in this heat .. really don't feel like eating anything .

^ I agree, forcefeed :(

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

I am also thinking of slicing a 1kg plate to a 750 gram one for OHP! :baby: Hate deloading :p

Hey, i'm from mumbai where can i find dumbell for lowest?? I went to andheri (lokhand bazar) right outside andheri station & Grand Road chor bazaar. They both are giving me 4kg*2 dumbell for 600 Rs. The condition of dumbell is worn out.

big.bAd.boi! said:
Hey, i'm from mumbai where can i find dumbell for lowest?? I went to andheri (lokhand bazar) right outside andheri station & Grand Road chor bazaar. They both are giving me 4kg*2 dumbell for 600 Rs. The condition of dumbell is worn out.
try ebay i got 50 KG(2*10, 5*2, 3*4,2*4+dumbell rods+1 bench press rod+1bicep rod for just 2.3k (DOD) shipped

on other hand i am starting my exercise regime again after a beak of 1 month :( (got transferred to a another city) any suggestions Rockfella ?

Wats the recommended exercise for me? Wat shud i do if i join a gym?

Average build, on the thinner side..

family pack :) , almost no exercise these days..

Im looking to join a gym, but dont wat to spend much on it, and there is no good gym nearby so will join an avg one, wat machines to look for and wat exercise routine?

Looking to get a few packs and some muscles..:)

I too am looking to join a gym.
I am 178cms and weigh 77kgs.
Someone working out in the gym said in addition to paying the gym fees, i would also need to pay the trainer if i want him to train me.
He said something about the Personal Trainer concept.
I am a total noob, so i don't want to break my bones trying to do something stupid on my own.
So does that mean the trainer won't teach me anything without me paying him money to be a personal trainer??

^^the cost of personal trainer works out to be more expensive than the total cost of gym.. :rofl: :rofl:

on the side note, u can always ask them for help.. they are obliged to help provided they are not 'personal training' anyone :p

kauzy said:
^^the cost of personal trainer works out to be more expensive than the total cost of gym.. :rofl: :rofl:

on the side note, u can always ask them for help.. they are obliged to help provided they are not 'personal training' anyone :p
Personal trainer in NZ is $50 per hour :mad:

I think if you are just starting .. you should hire a personal trainer for a week or so provided you can afford to .. Form is very important when doing weight training . For cardio no need for trainers , just have to run and plenty of information available on bb.com

I dont think there's a necessity for a personal trainer, if the trainer is expensive.If the person is lifting the weights for the first time, he/she should take it slow starting from just a barbell or atleast 5 kgs.One can request a person who works out there to help out.Make friend and learn.Gym partners can be a really good thing.But do go there to work out and not to waste time in socializing all the time.

For noobs, the first thing to do is jot down their fitness goals.Keep short 3 month goals.Dont keep goals like "I want a six-pack like Salman Khan, in 2 months" :p

raptor3624 said:
I dont think there's a necessity for a personal trainer, if the trainer is expensive.If the person is lifting the weights for the first time, he/she should take it slow starting from just a barbell or atleast 5 kgs.One can request a person who works out there to help out.Make friend and learn.Gym partners can be a really good thing.But do go there to work out and not to waste time in socializing all the time.

For noobs, the first thing to do is jot down their fitness goals.Keep short 3 month goals.Dont keep goals like "I want a six-pack like Salman Khan, in 2 months" :p

LOL!!! I want to be like Gerard Butler from 300 in 2 months. :D

Back