The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

I have been sleeping like a dawg offlately i dont even know why i sleep for 12 hrs at a stretch .I guess its the weather to blame.

@ DarkStar
beleive me, this diet chart therapy wont work long. will you be looking at the list again and again that what do you need to eat now and then.
Go Simple!
Just be on your regular routine diet.
Avoid junk food, oily stuff to the maximum.
Increase fat-free milk intake.
Add simple multivitamins to your diet (morning and post-workout)
Have 3-4 eggs (egg whites) post workout or whenever you feel like.
Have those whey protein stuff twice a day. Either in the morning or before going to bed, and 10mins post-workout after your body calms down. Taking prior to bedtime would be a better and suffice idea. Because it work most when you sleep.
Increase fiber in your diet through salad,etc.
Drink lots of water at regular intervals. Drinking more than needed water can turn into a water baboon. And you'll start gaining at your belly area.
Avoid tea/coffee to some extent. Caffeine intake is not much advised.
Take a small bottle with you to your gym witth lemon water in it. A small quantity of lemon concentrate will be ok. say, 1 lemon for 300ml of water. Take it when you feel thirst while working out. Avod drinking normal water at gym. though it wont create any problem, you can have very small quanities after 10-12mins.
BE REGULAR! Workout al least 4 days a week.

To avoid that loose mass you have. start focusing on HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) from beginning itself. It will help tighten up your body with good effects. Increase the level Of HIIT and move to normal cardio, as soon you you start gaining muscle mass.

P.S.: I'm not a gym trainer or a fitness coach. All that i;ve stated have gained me good effects. I'm not complying you to do things. Its just a peice of advise from my side.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@MetalSpree
It happens lol. Some days back i was sleeping like 12-14 hours a day. Body tends to recover when you workout for so long wihtout intervals. Sometimes it is because of over-training. If you''ve been working out much lately. Get a week off. And then start again. You'll fell fresh and full of new energy when you'll be back at gym again.

You make sense :)

Ankur said:
@ DarkStar, beleive me, this diet chart therapy wont work long. will you be looking at the list again and again that what do you need to eat now and then. Go Simple! Just be on your regular routine diet. Avoid junk food, oily stuff to the maximum. Increase fat-free milk intake. Add simple multivitamins to your diet (morning and post-workout) Have 3-4 eggs (egg whites) post workout or whenever you feel like. Have those whey protein stuff twice a day. Either in the morning or before going to bed, and 10mins post-workout after your body calms down. Taking prior to bedtime would be a better and suffice idea. Because it work most when you sleep. Increase fiber in your diet through salad,etc. Drink lots of water at regular intervals. Drinking more than needed water can turn into a water baboon. And you'll start gaining at your belly area. Avoid tea/coffee to some extent. Caffeine intake is not much advised. Take a small bottle with you to your gym witth lemon water in it. A small quantity of lemon concentrate will be ok. say, 1 lemon for 300ml of water. Take it when you feel thirst while working out. Avod drinking normal water at gym. though it wont create any problem, you can have very small quanities after 10-12mins. BE REGULAR! Workout al least 4 days a week. To avoid that loose mass you have. start focusing on HIIT (High Intensity Interval Training) from beginning itself. It will help tighten up your body with good effects. Increase the level Of HIIT and move to normal cardio, as soon you you start gaining muscle mass. P.S.: I'm not a gym trainer or a fitness coach. All that i;ve stated have gained me good effects. I'm not complying you to do things. Its just a peice of advise from my side.

@MetalSpree

It happens lol. Some days back i was sleeping like 12-14 hours a day. Body tends to recover when you workout for so long wihtout intervals. Sometimes it is because of over-training. If you''ve been working out much lately. Get a week off. And then start again. You'll fell fresh and full of new energy when you'll be back at gym again.

^^ Thank You.

@ Darky
i just now read your diet plan/chart. Tell me, your trainer assumes you that dumb, he has asked you to 'Chew' the green salad 'properly' in lunch.
Lol couldnt stop myself from laughing like hell when i read that.
freakslaughingnbmt9al7b.gif

Nothing wrong with his trainer's advice, we all tend to gulp down food/eat in hurry/watch TV while easting/talking on the phone etc. We should try to masticate food we eat for 30+ times AFAIR! With me the problem was so much that when i started chewing food that way i had jaw pain for dew days! :eek: Chewing is ultra critical and we all tend to forget that all the time!

Ankur said:
^^ Thank You.

@ Darky. I just now read your diet plan/chart. Tell me, your trainer assumes you that dumb, he has asked you to 'Chew' the green salad 'properly' in lunch. Lol couldnt stop myself from laughing like hell when i read that.

freakslaughingnbmt9al7b.gif
10 hours of deep sleep in today's hectic life is dayam good, sometimes even 12 hours os good but ideally it should not interrupt your daily activities. Since the time i've had internet in new house i've not been able to sleep for 6+ hours properly. When i have internet my brain somehow gets very active, like a torrent running, this thing with me (internet addiction) is so extreme that i have decided to disconnect internet for 6 months or more. I downgraded almost all components of my PC (quad to dual core, 1.3 TB to 250gb, HD 4850 to HD3450 and sold all the stuff related with gaming high speed internet to low speed but somehow it still didnot workout for me. Have to say by to the internet for some time. :eek: For basic things like online banking/gmail i have access to net @ work so it should be fine.

Metalspree said:
I had taken a 1 week off and started off this week.Even then i tend to sleep for 12 hours .

Thanks for that mate .You sure u wanna remove internet for 6 months and what is internet gotta do with ur sleep :S

6 months or more...... internet distracts me to a great extent, as mentioned my subconscious mind gets active. I felt the difference when i didnot have net for few days in my new house. I was very relaxed, was sleeping like a baby for 8 hours a day! I know people have self control and some are least affected but seems like it is not the case with me!

Metalspree said:
Thanks for that mate .You sure u wanna remove internet for 6 months and what is internet gotta do with ur sleep :S

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

@ Ankur : YGPM!

Ankur said:
i've got
4 x 5kg plates
4 x 2kg plates
2 x Chrome plated high quality metal rods. (Not sure about the length, though they are dumbell rods only.)

The plates are High quality Rubber coated plates.
Bought all the stuff from Sports Authority of India when i used to be the part of the national team for Rs.27/kg.
Rs. 27/kg?? Are you frigging kiddin me? thats dirt cheap?you bought them recently.The least I paid for my weights are Rs. 80 to Rs 120 per kg.The 1.25kgX2 rubber coarted cost me at 135 bucks per kg.Shop salesman only reduced it by 5 bucks per kg(that wretched bastard!)
Ankur said:
^^ Thank You.

@ Darky
i just now read your diet plan/chart. Tell me, your trainer assumes you that dumb, he has asked you to 'Chew' the green salad 'properly' in lunch.
Lol couldnt stop myself from laughing like hell when i read that.

well.. it could be funny here in this situation as far as just greens is considered .But a lot of us have bad eating habits.Not just eating junk but now chewing our food properly.Most of us prolly have our dinners watching tv or reading something over the internet.Even generally we most of us dont follow a habit of chewing our food properly.This is actually not that good.More so, when we are on a fitness regime and when invest time, money and energy to buy/cook that food with proper amount of proteins and carbs added in... it's pretty stupid that big chucks would go down our throats, into our bellies and half of it gets wasted out of our asses coz it couldn't be digested by our system.

There are many articles regarding this.It may not be that big of a deal.But it is worth giving a thought.

Tell me ppl.. does eating rice make you fat ? I mean does it affect that much. What if you have been eating rice since your childhood ?

My mom is a South Indian and that's why my rice intake is more than chapati / roti intake.

Correct me if im wrong...

High HRM(anerobic) exercises burn up a larger % of carbs

Medium/cardio activities are good for fat burning

?

djmykey said:
Tell me ppl.. does eating rice make you fat ? I mean does it affect that much. What if you have been eating rice since your childhood ?

My mom is a South Indian and that's why my rice intake is more than chapati / roti intake.
Rice, beans, potatoes and some other food trigger insulin secretion into the stomach which is a catalyst for conversion of food into fat. Hence why it is recommended to take such kinds of food when the body actually needs it, ie after a heavy workout.

Guys - Am looking for a decent pullup/chinup bar for home. No luck in the fitness shops in Bangalore but I found a few on ebay.in

Has anyone purchased such a bar from ebay or anywhere else? Any suggestions?

It is very good investment. I got mine for Rs. 500 in gurgaon. Can compare the one u saw on ebay if u can post a link here. Can be used for chin-ups/pull-ups/inverted rows.
fractal said:
Guys - Am looking for a decent pullup/chinup bar for home. No luck in the fitness shops in Bangalore but I found a few on ebay.in

Has anyone purchased such a bar from ebay or anywhere else? Any suggestions?

fractal said:
I would not recommend you buying any of these.These type of pull up bars can hardly handle the weight of a bodyweight above 50 kgs.The best ones are that can be screwed to the wall.

If it's the door u gotta work with.. try this.

http://www.johnisfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/iron-gym-pull-up-bar.jpg

A famous type of this bar is sold in the west.it's called Iron Gym.

I agree with U. Mine just twisted like a bamboo stick while doing pull-ups though it is good for chin-ups but doing only chin-ups is not the idea. Where can this one be bought? How would one manage wide-grip pull-ups in this one? One can buy a 1" thick water pipe and using the fitters used in installing a geyser.
raptor3624 said:
I would not recommend you buying any of these.These type of pull up bars can hardly handle the weight of a bodyweight above 50 kgs.The best ones are that can be screwed to the wall.
If it's the door u gotta work with.. try this.
http://www.johnisfit.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/iron-gym-pull-up-bar.jpg

A famous type of this bar is sold in the west.it's called Iron Gym.

Back