The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Happy Singh said:
I eat a lot(especially rice) but still no effect of body:no: as thin as before:mad: no change:( any comments on this! why its happening?

eat lots of bananas and milk.

There are superior ways to gain healthy weight through weight training and smart food intake, please donot suggest unhealthy ways :p

Metalspree said:
Sleep like a polar bear you will increase .Eat loads of junk as well.

Have 4 litres of WHOLE MILK a day, gradually increase from 500 ml in the first 2-3 days to to 1 liter the next 3-4 days to to 1.5 to 2 and upto 4 liters of milk A DAY! Weight gain is inevitable. if you don't exrcise and only have milk u will gain ugly fat that might make u happy for a while but not good in the long run, loosing fat is difficult as compared to gaining muscle. Best is exercise with good food intake. Your call.

Happy Singh said:
I eat a lot(especially rice) but still no effect of body:no: as thin as before:mad: no change:( any comments on this! why its happening?

@Rockfella: I've been going through the Stronglifts website. Is there any biological significance of clubbing cardio right after strength training? Or is it the author trying to keep his program more accessible to those who only want to work out 3x a week?

What Im trying to ask is, are there any disadvantages of pushing cardio to the rest days between strength training sessions?

for those who are planning for workout and loose weight remember one thing

SUMMER is the best time to loose the weight ,so hit the gym daily .

Keep balance :

One day :Cardio and one day Weight training

Keep following diet :

Morning no matter what time u wake up : eat oats boiled in Cow / skimmed mild

After lunch : eat salad before lunch , then have 2 chappati max with

evening : do have a cup of tea

Dinner : same have anything with max 1 to 2 chappati

Follow this RULE First

NO MATTER WHAT U HAVE DONT EVER EAT THIS

-NO COLD DRINK ( u can have chaas,gira masala or ICETEA)

-NO FRIED FOOD

-NO McD

-NO SAMOSA,WADA PAV

-NO BEER ( :p )

Just don't eat the above and you will be done.

START SAYING NO FOR YOUR BETTERMENT ESPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE WITH YOUR FRIENDS

Extreme diet :

Every evening be only Fruit diet

eat Fruit like papaya bcos its hot will cause you to burn more fats

eat oat with milk ( daily) (NOTE : just by eating oats you wont see any difference from outsite but yes you will reduce cholesterol level for sure )

Before reducing fats find out what is your

cholesterol level ( ideal should be 18% max ,if its more than that you can have heart risk in future)

Find your BMI

eat healthy be healthy

A whole day of rest promises a good workout next day, not many people are able to do cardio in rest days and have a fulfilling workout next day, u can try if it suits you but if you tweak the programme it won't work like it is suppose to . . though the site itself says one can...

Grease Monk said:
@Rockfella: I've been going through the Stronglifts website. Is there any biological significance of clubbing cardio right after strength training? Or is it the author trying to keep his program more accessible to those who only want to work out 3x a week?

What Im trying to ask is, are there any disadvantages of pushing cardio to the rest days between strength training sessions?

@buygamingstuff, your diet suggestion is really sad. People will become weak if that diet is followed.

Oats is fine, but just 2 chappathis each for lunch and dinner ?

Here is my diet which i am following from past 1 week.I feel good :)

7AM-Luke warm water with honey and lime

7.30-A cup of coffee

8.30-10AM -Gym ( Following instructions given by fella)

10.30AM-A Bowl of oats with skimmed milk and an apple

12PM-Vegetable soup ( not the ready made one)

1.30PM-3 Chapatis /3 cups of rice with some curry( usually veggies or chicken breast)

3.30PM- Coleslaw and some lettuce

5.30PM-Green tea with few almonds( may be 5 or 6)

7.30PM-Again vegetable soup ( with loads of broccoli)

9.30PM-Vegetable soup and 2 chapatis with green leaf curry and some fat free curd

11PM-Off to bed

I take fruits every now and then but limited to oranges( grown in my backyard),apples,pears,papaya( its freakin expensive here :mad:)

Stopped booze for good,because of workouts i have reduced smoking to a large extent :).No fizz drinks no cheese, no butter, very less oil.I take cheat meal only on Sunday

Comments are welcomed :)

Okies mate will do it.Fish hell no way :no:I still wonder why does fish smell bad even though its in water all time:ashamed:

Metalspree said:
Here is my diet which i am following from past 1 week.I feel good :)

7AM-Luke warm water with honey and lime

7.30-A cup of coffee

8.30-10AM -Gym ( Following instructions given by fella)

10.30AM-A Bowl of oats with skimmed milk and an apple

12PM-Vegetable soup ( not the ready made one)

1.30PM-3 Chapatis /3 cups of rice with some curry( usually veggies or chicken breast)

3.30PM- Coleslaw and some lettuce

5.30PM-Green tea with few almonds( may be 5 or 6)

7.30PM-Again vegetable soup ( with loads of broccoli)

9.30PM-Vegetable soup and 2 chapatis with green leaf curry and some fat free curd

11PM-Off to bed

I take fruits every now and then but limited to oranges( grown in my backyard),apples,pears,papaya( its freakin expensive here :mad:)

Stopped booze for good,because of workouts i have reduced smoking to a large extent :).No fizz drinks no cheese, no butter, very less oil.I take cheat meal only on Sunday

Comments are welcomed :)

Are you working or studying??Man,wish i could have more time like this...0830-10 gym :O

got a tat recently so no gm for the next 2 weeks...i have also lost loads of mass and now my biceps are around 14" down from 15 1/2". Fella i also need advice on why i am loosing mass so fast even when i am doing some exercises. Also have observed i have lost lot of stamina and have problems lifting heavy weights :( (earlier i easily bench pressed 50 Kgs now i give up at 35 Kgs)

Karthikeyan29 said:
Are you working or studying??Man,wish i could have more time like this...0830-10 gym :O
I am studying mate .I am on a break now, even after college starts i have classes only on weekends.

rishabh.asthana said:
got a tat recently so no gm for the next 2 weeks...i have also lost loads of mass and now my biceps are around 14" down from 15 1/2". Fella i also need advice on why i am loosing mass so fast even when i am doing some exercises. Also have observed i have lost lot of stamina and have problems lifting heavy weights :( (earlier i easily bench pressed 50 Kgs now i give up at 35 Kgs)

Is that 50 kg total ? or 50kg on each side ?

@ metal - Nice diet , try to add more protein rich foods like rock mentioned .

Back