The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

hash said:
Do some running(Stamina) + Lots of water .

Don't forget the weights.

Do this 70 % Running 30 % weights - Stamina and Power builds up.

Utilize the Power + Stamina gained for doing greater weights and more reps which will ultimately result in Muscle build.

rishabh.asthana said:
build stamina by running first also start weight training with one body part each day...also start with the weights you feel comfortable with..as for abs i would say that first get that family pack disappear then start with some abs building exercises.

i used to run 2-3 kms and then do some stretching exercise and then would work on a particular body part each day 6 days a week

Okie will try that from tomorrow..

Well, i started a workout regime about a 6 weeks ago and now am able to do ~200 crunches/squats and 30 pushups in sets

Stamina is good but overall lacking in upper body strength

Started pushups and other one-dumbell presses to build some arm strength recently

I cycle a fair amount for cardio as jogging is boooring

Junk food is rare but i certainly wont skip out on stuffing myself once a week :p

P90X looks 'fun'

Now I need to know what stuff will I need for it?

Really dont want to buy dumbells since i dont have the space for it and they arnt portable, dont have a chinup bar either

Would resistance bands substitute as well?

What about protein supplements?

Their site lists many types....Beachbody P90X® Peak Performance Supplements

No idea about whats good, whats for show and whats locally available, need inputs on this?

So one of my ribs (left) seems to be poking out a bit from the bottom and I'm trying to figure out if it's because of gymming or because I got a football kicked right in my stomach.

medpal...?

So one of my ribs (left) seems to be poking out a bit from the bottom and I'm trying to figure out if it's because of gymming or because I got a football kicked right in my stomach.

medpa

Exactly the opposite is happening to me. The upper part of ribs (chest part) seems to be caved in. I asked my gym master about this and he told me to do close hand push up's . Duno how much that will help...but does any one else know anything about this?

nukeu666 said:
Seems your floating ribs are floating away :p
If there is no pain, then there shouldnt be a cause for worry
Well it doesn't hurt or anything, but it's definitely not normal and it's not like it's always been like this. I'm really hoping I didn't bend my muscles or ribs by doing some exercise the wrong way. :|

Just finished an uphill-downhill run.. 4.5 km in ~35 minutes. Anyone see a crazy runner with an NWZ-W202 around his neck at Peddar Road.. 'twas me!
I'm running 4 times a week, playing tennis 3-4 times, as and when the rain lifts. Only home food and 3-4 meals a day. Lost 2 kg in 10 days or so.. back to 74, which is decent for 5'10"
Still have a bit of a paunch though. Want to get rid of it ASAP..

If possible start free hand squatting, push-ups and chin-ups, you wont regret :p

TechHead said:
Just finished an uphill-downhill run.. 4.5 km in ~35 minutes. Anyone see a crazy runner with an NWZ-W202 around his neck at Peddar Road.. 'twas me!

I'm running 4 times a week, playing tennis 3-4 times, as and when the rain lifts. Only home food and 3-4 meals a day. Lost 2 kg in 10 days or so.. back to 74, which is decent for 5'10"

Still have a bit of a paunch though. Want to get rid of it ASAP..

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

If i don't warm-up and lift even light weight i feel slight pain in my lower back on the left side! hence i jog/run for atleast 10 mins before any weights. It feels really good to see numbers going up in push-ups and other body weight exercises :baby:

Bought flaz seeds last evening.Rs12 for 100gms.Ground it to powder and ate it with a bowl of curds.Ate this morning with my oats too.After a few months of this and the omega 3 content in my body should be decent enough for general well being.

NOTE:please weigh your cast iron plates properly.They only put the numbers and dont specifiy whether they are in pounds or kilograms.

raptor3624 said:
Bought flaz seeds last evening.Rs12 for 100gms.Ground it to powder and ate it with a bowl of curds.Ate this morning with my oats too.After a few months of this and the omega 3 content in my body should be decent enough for general well being.

NOTE:please weigh your cast iron plates properly.They only put the numbers and dont specifiy whether they are in pounds or kilograms.
Are you a vegetarian??

BTW do we need to powder the flax seeds??

Can't we roast it and then eat it??

Thats cool info. I will also search for them locally and have it like u do. Thanks for the inputs. This is the reason why i sold all my cast iron plates. It had weird numbers/measurements. Some had 15 written on it but neither was it 15 kgs nor 15 lbs one plate 4.675 kgs other plate same pair 5.4657 kgs :baby: so much discrepancy!
raptor3624 said:

No he is a smart chap who wants to eat omega 3s in the cheapest possible way. Fish oil is considerably costly to be consumed for life (as of now for him and me rofl!) Roasting it reduces the contents of it i've read but confirm for yourself.
pradeep200417 said:
Are you a vegetarian??

raptor3624 said:

How do you powder it??
Did u use a mixer grinder???

How many of you guys interested in losing fat, and look ripped.
How many of you want to totally transform yourself?
Just 60 days. And you can lose almost 10kgs and a lotta fat off you? :)
No fat burners, no hunger diets, no special diets, no supplements.

I'll help you do that.

If the answer is Yes, then post here. And we'll have our own transformation thread. :D

Loosing the first 10 kgs is pretty easy but anything after that comes in the real workouts ( painful) and strict diets

Ankur said:

I'll help you do that.

If the answer is Yes, then post here. And we'll have our own transformation thread. :D
yes i want to transform myself , so how can u help me . i m 5'11" and weigh around 90 kgs with 38" waist , please give me some diet schedule and exercise schedule to shed some weight

thanks

Ankur said:

I'll help you do that.

I am really curious to know how you are going about this since I myself followed a mini regime which helped me lose quite a lot.

pradeep200417 said:
Are you a vegetarian??

Sorry.Typo.I meant flax seeds.
I just used a regular grinder to powder it.10-20 secs should be fine.

Flax seeds are not eaten(out of lack of knowledge mostly) in India for their nutritional value.Thats why I think Indian families roast it for taste or something like that.My mum advised me the same that it tastes good when u roast it.But she was not aware of the real importance of flax seeds.
I shall confirm whether roasting makes the flax seeds lose it's nutritional value.

As far as my research goes using flax seed oil is bad coz the generally hot Indian weather makes the oil unstable and in more cases toxic.Also the flax seed sare not supposed to reach the stomach as they were.They will be excreted as undigested matter.
They taste just like almonds but smell a little funny sorta like fodder for livestock(not when you mix it with anything).If you eat it without grinding it, make sure you chew it properly.But then it becomes too sticky in your mouth:p

NOTE: ASAIK, one is not supposed to eat more than 3 spoons of flax seed powder.Do google for the dosage.
I am eating flax seeds now by mixing it with oats for breakfast and just sprinkle it in whatever I cook for dinner.It doesn't alter the taste of the dish.I guess you can also mix it with the rotis or chapatis(mind the dosage) just like soya:)

@Metalspree

bro, i was stuck at a plateau since a year and i lose 9.2kgs in just 30 days. beleive me. 30 days. all i did was proper training and followed the correct diet according to our desi conditions.
saw in one of your show-off threads, that you got some fat-burner. how was your experience with it?

@ connect
sure bro, i'll help you all the way throughout. its my Promise to you that you'll be transform and will be seing changes in just 2 months. You know what, about 3 years back i used to be 138kgs with 44 inches at waist.

@agantuk
i wont be doinng any magic, matra, etc. just some basic and simple training. a bit like HIIT and tabaahi diet.

Ankur said:
@Metalspree

bro, i was stuck at a plateau since a year and i lose 9.2kgs in just 30 days. beleive me. 30 days. all i did was proper training and followed the correct diet according to our desi conditions.

saw in one of your show-off threads, that you got some fat-burner. how was your experience with it?

@ connect

sure bro, i'll help you all the way throughout. its my Promise to you that you'll be transform and will be seing changes in just 2 months. You know what, about 3 years back i used to be 138kgs with 44 inches at waist.

@agantuk

i wont be doinng any magic, matra, etc. just some basic and simple training. a bit like HIIT and tabaahi diet.
May I know what that thing in your avatar is? Looks very appetising. (I hope it's something edible) :D

Throwed that fat burner in dust bin after taking one tablet ,it makes me sick :(.Post your diet and your workout plan here.I am loosing but slow and steady.All thanks to Rockfella :).Will give a try with your plan as well as i have some tyre which is a bit stubborn :p

Back