The Fitness Thread !

Re: The Fitness Thread !

Was able to squat 90 kgs today for 3 reps. So far so good. Adding 1-2 sets hyper-extensions pre workouts now.

T NATION | Reg Park Way To Serious Size And Strength

It fires up lower back/glutes, improves squat imo. The rod i have can't hold more plates, max deadlift i can do is 95 kgs, i know i can lift 110 kgs + with ease now... thinking what to do :no:

^ Suggestions are welcome.

Rockfella said:
Was able to squat 90 kgs today for 3 reps. So far so good. Adding 1-2 sets hyper-extensions pre workouts now.

It fires up lower back/glutes, improves squat imo. The rod i have can't hold more plates, max deadlift i can do is 95 kgs, i know i can lift 110 kgs + with ease now... thinking what to do :no:

:D. Seriously no space.

I can't buy a bigger rod (no space) have to buy weights which are heavier and smaller in size, there is a brand i am aware of as well.

Rockfella said:

awesome.95kgs is just a dream for me these days.my workout always hits obstacles.Go for Crossfit.It will f**k you up properly.has everything that needs to challenge you:)

Crossfit will burn a lot of calories, AFAIK its also by Mark Rippetoe, i have a hard time eating enough so even slow cardio is out of question :(. This is why fat loss is not my priority for the time being.

Btw: Dips helped me increase OHP to 45 kgs :hap2:. Once i get 15 reps in the first set of dips/chin-ups/push-ups/pulls-ups i will switch to weighted versions of these exercises :D. Yesterday for the first time in my life i tried weighted chins with 5 kgs plate, did 3 reps, just after that the last set felt a lot easier. ;)

raptor3624 said:
awesome.95kgs is just a dream for me these days.my workout always hits obstacles.Go for Crossfit.It will f**k you up properly.has everything that needs to challenge you:)
I still have 18% body fat and don't look like a freak/fitness model/bodybuilder. I am simply gaining strength, slowly and as much as i can. I will upload pics once i feel good about the whole thing. Imo eating healthy 5-6 times a day is more cumbersome than working out 3 days a week.

nfsnfs said:
Rockfella , can you post a pic of yours ( muscles ) , blank out face if required . :D .

That's enough for ,to scare any computer shop guy to give the price you asked for :D . Now nobody will mess with you in market section ...lol. Thanks for pic .

Rockfella said:
How much do you weigh? How much protein do you take on workout and non-workout days?

45 kgs ohp is pretty impressive. I'm struck at 25 since a month. Almost 1.5x BW on squats though. ;D

I am 5'7", weigh 80 kgs (i measured in november last) I was 75 when i started, rapidly gained 5 kgs in the first two months while my waist reduced slightly,

Strength stats when I started in July 2010:

Squats: 20 kgs

Bench: 20 kgs

OHP: 20 kgs

DLs: 40 kgs

Chins: 5 (screaming reps!)

Pulls: 4(screaming reps!)

Inverted Rows: 5-6ish.

BW: 75 kgs.

Fat%: 22 %( though I doubt MY fat caliper measurements)

Stats on December 16th 2010.

Squats: 77.5/80 kgs

Bench: 57.5 kgs

OHP: 45 kgs (almost 5x5
tongue.gif
)

DLs: 95 kgs (I can do more but have no weights
sad.gif
Will buy more soon.)

Chins: 10-11

Pulls: 8

Inverted Rows: 8-10.

BW: 80 kgs (gained 5 kgs in the first two months rapidly, no GOMAD!)

Fat%: 18% (fat loss has not been great and it doesn’t bother me) Zero cardio done as I can’t eat enough already.

Could not work out in November 2010.

Lessons learnt:

1) 5 x 5 is very hard and I guess that it why it is so effective.

2) I have to eat MUCH MORE!!

I am low on funds and can't afford whey right now, so i eat whenever/whatever i can. I try to eat more on workout days. I am sure if i take 200 kgs of prots a day things would be very different. What routine are you doing?

OHP can get very difficult, never skip an OHP workout, Press more to get better at as they say. U sure you doing it correctly? 1.5 BW squat and 25kg OHP is very unbalanced unless you mean 25kgs on each side.

damn said:
How much do you weigh? How much protein do you take on workout and non-workout days?

45 kgs ohp is pretty impressive. I'm struck at 25 since a month. Almost 1.5x BW on squats though. ;D

Started working out about a year ago, about five months ago I started Ripptoe's Starting Strength. My squatting progress seemed to shock everybody, I had a huge lead on deadlifts compared to other workouts cause I was doing it since before I started the program. I guess that helped my thighs a fair bit. As for OHP, my progress probably sucks because I am forced to do a 5kg jump(gym does not have 1.25 plates). I make do with switching between a olympic/halka rod for cleaves but it just isn't working out with OHP.
And yeah, I'm highly particular of proper form (moving head forward, attaining the hercules posture, working out the tricep). I can do 2x5 with 30kgs but after that I gotta give LONG breaks to be able to pull off all five reps, it sort of leaves me with a feeling of being incomplete.

Nice that you are following Ripptoe's Starting Strength. 5 kgs is way too much for the OHP. I have small 1kg plates specially for the OHP. 5kgs won't work no matter what you do. U can buy 1.25 kg plates and carry it to the gym, its worth spending money/carrying to gym/people laughing at you :p Also start doing assistance work like: bar dips, chins,pulls,rows,reverse crunches/prones. If nothing else do DIPS to increase your OHP.

damn said:
Started working out about a year ago, about five months ago I started Ripptoe's Starting Strength. My squatting progress seemed to shock everybody, I had a huge lead on deadlifts compared to other workouts cause I was doing it since before I started the program. I guess that helped my thighs a fair bit. As for OHP, my progress probably sucks because I am forced to do a 5kg jump(gym does not have 1.25 plates). I make do with switching between a olympic/halka rod for cleaves but it just isn't working out with OHP. And yeah, I'm highly particular of proper form (moving head forward, attaining the hercules posture, working out the tricep). I can do 2x5 with 30kgs but after that I gotta give LONG breaks to be able to pull off all five reps, it sort of leaves me with a feeling of being incomplete.

those who are more than AGE of 25 , please avoid Squats & deadlifts - if so please do it once in 2 weeks after that take 2 days rest ,, i hurt my back with Herniated Disc in L5 S1 & acted sciatica tremendous pain for 3 months , it was nightmare - Still not yet gone (surgery is like hell to live with) so no surgery

Boths doctors & chiropractors said running & swimming wud be good for me but this also after one year . all my hardworks failed after spending 25K for supplements i posted here long before wat are all the supplements i am taking everything went waste .

Cant touch weight for 5 years or more , please unless ur r professional dont hit the gym frequently ,, As we all worry about Fats & muscle but there is something beyond it was Nerves & Bones try to take fish & other foods for ur bones , also for nerves there nothing to do as Above the age of 25 please dont put heavy weight - u dont want get this pain ! its like hell !

Hope to getting better soon ! still lying in the BEd .

Back