~ The Mobile Phone Advisor ~

Status
Not open for further replies.
tmpah.png

Are you planning to buy a new phone? Unable to decide among the options?

Well, Just drop in your requirements & I'll help you out.

Valuable inputs from other members are also welcome.

Let's maintain this as an exclusive thread, to help those in need.
:hap2:

Cheers,

The.Toxic.Mind

GUIDELINES :

1. Refrain from posting irrelevant queries

2. Post your primary requirements & specify a budget

3. Your query will be addressed eventually, so please be patient

hussainattari said:
thank you for your advice desiibond......

would love to own a HTC as i have already owned a nokia and SE wouldn't go for Nokia again might go for SE if anything comes up.....don't know much about "Exchange ActiveSync support" as in how does it work if i need to get mails on MS OUTLOOK.
MS Outlook mobile is a mail client for windows mobile phones. Similarly, on other brands, if the OS supports Active sync, it can get mails that are pushed by Exchange server and works the same way that MS Outlook mobile works.

And yes, if you want to go for HTC, Touch2 is a decent option too.

Hello Guys ... Please advice on very very cheap Anroid based mobile :)

I need anroid mobile just to have hands-on experience and to test and/or develop 1 or 2 apps.

I am certain to sell this mobile again in 1 month or so ... so plz suggest cheapest one :p

kekerode said:
Hello Guys ... Please advice on very very cheap Anroid based mobile :)

I need anroid mobile just to have hands-on experience and to test and/or develop 1 or 2 apps.

I am certain to sell this mobile again in 1 month or so ... so plz suggest cheapest one :p
why not just use a simulator. see if you can get an used android phone. you can get it for some 7k-10k (first gen devices).

ideally, for testing, you better use froyo simulator or get a current gen mobile.

desiibond said:
MS Outlook mobile is a mail client for windows mobile phones. Similarly, on other brands, if the OS supports Active sync, it can get mails that are pushed by Exchange server and works the same way that MS Outlook mobile works.

And yes, if you want to go for HTC, Touch2 is a decent option too.
thank you....

Need a phone . Here are the requirements -

- Budget under 15k.
- Bar form factor.
- Full touchscreen based inputs
- No Nokia
- WiFI
- No symbian or WinMo
- Maily used for Browsing
Please suggest me the options. TIA.

allyrocky said:

- Budget under 15k.
- Bar form factor.
- No Nokia
- WiFI
- No symbian or WinMo
Samsung Spica i5700 ~ 13k. Its difficult to find in the stores. Android based phone.
Samsung S 8003 Jet ~ 13k. Its a feature phone but a great multimedia device.

If u are willing to wait a bit then the SE Xperia X8. Price should be ~14-15k.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

manu1991 said:
SE Xperia X10 mini ?

-14.xk
- Bar
- Full Touchscreen
- SE
- Has WiFI
- Android
Isnt the X10 mini's screen a little too small when browing is the first priority for the phone?

allyrocky said:

- Budget under 15k.

- Bar form factor.

- No Nokia

- WiFI

- No symbian or WinMo

Samsung Wave current is priced at 17k-18k and price would come down to 15k soon. you can wait for it.

another option is SE X10 mini but it's a girlish phone. not good at all for internet browsing.

you can check Samsung Jet and Spica btw (hard to find these models but give a search)

-1 For the Wave. Bada OS is still in infancy and not recommended. Plus Build Quality of Samsung :ashamed: (Spica Galaxy Owner) ....

X10 Mini is a very good buy and is not at all girly. Other options are LG GW620 (15k) ....

Need to buy a mobile phone, mainly for calling/sms. Please suggest.

Budget 1 - 1.7k (can stretch upto 2k if its really good)
Good battery backup (I heard Chinese phones drain battery very fast)
FM and Music with microSD support
GPRS and Java support with some good browser like opera-mini
Dual Sim (not must)

noworry said:
Need to buy a mobile phone, mainly for calling/sms. Please suggest.

Budget 1 - 1.7k (can stretch upto 2k if its really good)

Good battery backup (I heard Chinese phones drain battery very fast)

FM and Music with microSD support

GPRS and Java support with some good browser like opera-mini

Dual Sim (not must)
There are couple of options with a smaller display, although you would prefer the 128X160 ones for browsing.

Dual Sim phones with the above requirements, at that price range, offer pathetic battery backup.

So you are ultimately left with the following two options:

Samsung E2130 ~ 2.4K*

Nokia 3110 Classic ~ 2.1K*

~ T.T.M ~

I am looking for a non-camera phone for a lady, budget around 2k, should be decent enough to carry around, required only for calls, sms and FM. I am shortlisting the Spice QT44 but not sure if the keypad is easy to use or the phone reception quality. Any suggestions?

HI guys my friend needs a new cellphone for about 10k. What are his options. He needs it mostly for messaging and he isnt very techy. Any phone which looks decent and is good at messaging is what he wants. How is the E63? And 5800XM?

Shakensoul said:
I am looking for a non-camera phone for a lady, budget around 2k, should be decent enough to carry around, required only for calls, sms and FM. I am shortlisting the Spice QT44 but not sure if the keypad is easy to use or the phone reception quality. Any suggestions?
Have a look at the Nokia 1616,its a decent phone.

rishabh_s said:
HI guys my friend needs a new cellphone for about 10k. What are his options. He needs it mostly for messaging and he isnt very techy. Any phone which looks decent and is good at messaging is what he wants. How is the E63? And 5800XM?
E63 first choice but if you can wait then Nokia C3 (no 3G) is about launch @5.5k. But for now can't go wrong with E63 specially with Nokia Messaging email service available free.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back