The Motorola Defy Thread

Hey guys i can't send SMS after upgrading to CM7, i can receive them, is there some setting you have to set somewhere, also i set my DEFY Baseband to UK 2.51.1, what did you guys set to ?

nikolain said:
anyone ? , plzzz help SMS still not going
what is the baseband set to? default? which is the carrier? update the baseband app by flashing through custom recovery and set the baseband to India and check if sms works. you can find the app in xda. i had the same problem when i installed the miui rom.

killmastern3 said:
what is the baseband set to? default? which is the carrier? update the baseband app by flashing through custom recovery and set the baseband to India and check if sms works. you can find the app in xda. i had the same problem when i installed the miui rom.
Thanx that helped, actually they just added India in their yesterdays update :)

Update: I clicked India and rebooted, but now it has very bad reception and sometimes Vodafone doesn't show up in the list :(

nikolain said:
Thanx that helped, actually they just added India in their yesterdays update :)

Update: I clicked India and rebooted, but now it has very bad reception and sometimes Vodafone doesn't show up in the list :(
Can you send sms now? Even i noticed the not so good signal reception but i have had no problems. Browsing is smooth too. What about battery life? Seen any differences once you changed baseband settings?

killmastern3 said:
Can you send sms now? Even i noticed the not so good signal reception but i have had no problems. Browsing is smooth too. What about battery life? Seen any differences once you changed baseband settings?

due to bad reception quality i reverted back to UK T-mobile baseband, i can stay without SMS for sometime, hope they update the Baseband changer soon

even I am running CM7 RC0, i am not having any issues regarding sms or voice quality!

What does the default baseband it get installed with? and what is the default baseband for India users?

netarchie said:
even I am running CM7 RC0, i am not having any issues regarding sms or voice quality!

What does the default baseband it get installed with? and what is the default baseband for India users?
Default is t-mo USA. If you flash the latest version of the app, you can change the setting to India. Mine is set to India and i havehad no problems. Using a Docomo sim by the way.

@ nikolain, try flashing the latest knightly. I am using the one from yesterday.

wolvish said:
What is the difference between nightly and RC0? :S
These are test builds. Devs release a version every night. For ex, RC0 had a bug wherein market downloads were not possible. It was rectified in the next knightly. You can find a changelog in github.

killmastern3 said:
These are test builds. Devs release a version every night. For ex, RC0 had a bug wherein market downloads were not possible. It was rectified in the next knightly. You can find a changelog in github.
So, it's like windows update. If I have RC0, then I can update it (every now and then) ?

can defy play SD videos properly ? i mean all the common formats - avi/mkv/mp4 ? does it has a gpu ?
saw the review on GsmArena which says
Codec support is limited – DivX wouldn’t work, just XviD. And then only up to WQVGA resolution (400x240). Higher-res videos seem to need more processing power than the DEFY can offer.

only 400 x 240 :O
I have zte blade and the only problem i am facing is that it can't play videos properly even with rockplayer :(

akhurana said:
can defy play SD videos properly ? i mean all the common formats - avi/mkv/mp4 ? does it has a gpu ?

saw the review on GsmArena which says

only 400 x 240 :O

I have zte blade and the only problem i am facing is that it can't play videos properly even with rockplayer :(

No way, in fact DEFY has a very good GPU, i have played BRRIP's on it :)

Back