The Motorola Defy Thread

^^Well.. That's the thing.. If you use your phone ONLY for talking, this might not be the phone for you.. This exactly was my dilemma when i bought this, but my usage for voice calls is like 20-30 minutes/day.. I mainly use for games, media, songs and other dumb stuff.. With added rugged features, i really like the phone..

@ Sunny27 : With heavy usage, battery comes for 1 day to the max (which includes browsing, gaming and media usage). With few phone calls, 30 min browsing and some media, battery easy lasts for 2 days with stock FroYo, no customizations (yet)...

@killmastern : Yup... I was shocked as well.. You know, Today I was traveling in rain for like 20 minutes, with DEFY in my pocket, no protection (with all the 3 ports closed), the phone stayed solid, no problems. After the travel, I inspected the phone, one or two drops of water had entered the battery compartment, but nothing in the screen.. Dried it for 30 minutes in rice, just in case.. Phone is rocking now.. :)

Aladdin said:
Not for me at least and most of the people i know who purchased a Bluetooth stopped using it after a couple of days. :p
I'm one of those guys .. Bought Nokia Universal Bluetooth headset for Rs.800, using only once a week now.. :(

AsidXxx said:
Anybody who can walk me through the MIUI installation?

Below are the instructions.. :)

How To Install

If you have 2nd Init installed already skip to step 3, if not start at step 1. These steps assume you already have flashed the Nordic Froyo rom to your Defy.

1. Download Defy 2nd init installer 1.4 ONLY from here.

2. Run the 2nd init installer following the instructions closely.

3. Boot into Custom BootMenu by pressing volume down when device flashes a blue led at bootup. Set default boot mode to 2nd init.

4. Select Recovery, Custom Recovery. Choose "Wipe Data/Cache" option. Let finish.

5. Choose Install .zip from SD Card, select MIUI rom .zip and let it finish.

6. Let the rom boot for first time. It will be in Chinese but do not worry. Reboot into BootMenu again.

7. Select Custom Recovery, Install .zip from SD Card. Choose MIUI Eng Language Pack .zip and let it install. Let rom boot.

8. Notice some text is still Chinese, go to Settings, Language and make sure it is English UK or US. Boot into BootMenu and Custom Recovery one last time and select "Wipe Cache" then go to Advanced and select "Wipe Dalvik Cache". Reboot.

9. Done! Enjoy!

Note: These instructions were copied from this thread ([ROM]MIUI Defy 1.6.10 - aGPS FIXED! - xda-developers ) from XDA. All credit to Ephumuris.

Let me know if you need any help!!!

Aladdin said:
Not for me at least and most of the people i know who purchased a Bluetooth stopped using it after a couple of days. :p
then probably u can sell it ... it cost 600-700 in market so u can get ur 500 back easily

@killmastern

At what point of time should we install a custom recovery? Or 2nd init already has one?

After flashing the Nordic,

1. First root

2. Install custom recovery

3. Install 2nd init

Is this order correct?

When should I log into my gmail account?

EDIT: Why do I need pre boot menu?

wolvish said:
@killmastern

At what point of time should we install a custom recovery? Or 2nd init already has one?

After flashing the Nordic,

1. First root

2. Install custom recovery

3. Install 2nd init

Is this order correct?

When should I log into my gmail account?

EDIT: Why do I need pre boot menu?
First flash nordic, turn usb debugging on, root, debugging off, reboot, debugging on, install 2ndinit, debugging off, reboot twice (note that on reboot it will take you to 2ndinit menu, go to boot and normal, do this twice), reboot again, in 2ndinit menu set default boot menu as 2ndinit, go back, custom recovery and flash the zip. You log into your gmail account after you not into miui or cm7. These two custom rom's use the 2ndinit boot, not the normal boot menu. I am not sure why, anybody else who knows the reason?

Back