The Motorola Defy Thread

sg3707 said:
If nothing else works flash full indian sbf and again start from there. Same thing happened to me also.

May be ur mobile has fallen down in a very awkward angle. I have dropped mine many times till now it's good. Better than any other normal touch phones.

Wiping in stock recovery will do the trick. It happens only if you don't wipe before flashing the sbf.

i tried full indian sbf
but its stuck at android logo for 3-5 minutes!

is it coz of flashing without wipe?
or i need to wait for more time?

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

killmastern3 said:
Wiping in stock recovery will do the trick. It happens only if you don't wipe before flashing the sbf.

how to enter in stock recovery??

lavans4u said:
i tried full indian sbf
but its stuck at android logo for 3-5 minutes!

is it coz of flashing without wipe?
or i need to wait for more time?

how to enter in stock recovery??

Mentioned it in my previous post or the one before that.

This happens because of flashing before wiping.

killmastern3 said:
Which beta version are you talking about?

Well I installed 2.3.4a just for the kick of a "Final MIUI". But now I want to stick to the regular development versions, which releases every week, say 1.7.22, can I just flash without losing the contacts, apps and other data.??

wolvish said:
Well I installed 2.3.4a just for the kick of a "Final MIUI". But now I want to stick to the regular development versions, which releases every week, say 1.7.22, can I just flash without losing the contacts, apps and other data.??
I believe you should be able to do that. 2.3.4a is something like 1.6.## i understand, so it would be just like updating. Just my 2 cents, not sure about it though.

I'm gonna flash CM7 now.. I believe I can do that with factory reset, then update from zip right? No need to re-flash the original sbf..

I can't switch calls or put on a conference call in CM7 RC1v2.. Is this normal? Or is there any hacks available to do that. It says 'Unable to switch calls' and can't even attend the second call..

Conference call feature is available even in non touch screen phones..

I bought myself a Motorola Defy yesterday evening and I did the following things:-

[1] Flash it to SBF 3.4.2-177-005 NORDIC

[2] Install CyanogenMod 7.1 RC0

Everything is working fine now, however I have the following questions:-

[1] The camera performance is not very good. I have the red lens because the images exceed 1.2 MB in size. Is there someway to improve this? How can I confirm if I have a red lens in my phone? (it was manufactured in May 2011)

[2] Is the CyanogenMod 7.1 RC0 the latest and the most stable ROM? If not what would you recommend? I intend to use this phone as a phone(sms+calling), for productivity apps and as a music player. Gaming would only include Angry Birds.Kindly suggest the most suitable rom with good camera performance.

[3] I am unable to use the charger provided by Motorola along with the phone. Is there something wrong with the charger or is there something wrong with the phone? The phone can be charged only via the data cable.

[4] I was told a pouch is provided along with the phone in the box. I received no such pouch. Has anyone received such a pouch along with the retail packaging?

sunny27 said:
I bought myself a Motorola Defy yesterday evening and I did the following things:-

[1] Flash it to SBF 3.4.2-177-005 NORDIC

[2] Install CyanogenMod 7.1 RC0

Everything is working fine now, however I have the following questions:-

[1] The camera performance is not very good. I have the red lens because the images exceed 1.2 MB in size. Is there someway to improve this? How can I confirm if I have a red lens in my phone? (it was manufactured in May 2011)

[2] Is the CyanogenMod 7.1 RC0 the latest and the most stable ROM? If not what would you recommend? I intend to use this phone as a phone(sms+calling), for productivity apps and as a music player. Gaming would only include Angry Birds.Kindly suggest the most suitable rom with good camera performance.

[3] I am unable to use the charger provided by Motorola along with the phone. Is there something wrong with the charger or is there something wrong with the phone? The phone can be charged only via the data cable.

[4] I was told a pouch is provided along with the phone in the box. I received no such pouch. Has anyone received such a pouch along with the retail packaging?

CM7 RC1v2 is the latest version. There are nightly versions which are even newer but are test builds. ---->> Nightly

1. Try the latest CM7 or MIUI, camera performance has improveda lot from RC0 days.

2. You can try MIUI, its pretty stable. So is CM7.

3. Must be a defective charger i think since you are able to charge through USB.

4. No pouches in the box. Sorry. It just isn't packaged.

Just got Defy today from ebay @ 13500 (14500 - 1000 discount) , including 2 gb memory card. That too sealed box. Awesome deal.If someone wants it search on ebay.

Gr888888 phone.My 1st smartphone.

I use a CM7 rom in my Motorola Defy i.e the latest one from the xda developers website. It is laggy at times. I want super smooth lag free performance and good battery life. I also get poor picture quality when I use the camera. Which rom would you all recommend to fix these performance/camera related issues? What is the best custom rom I can use for the Defy?

Hey,

I'm on stock 2.2, and am unable to add facebook under My Accounts.. Anyone else facing similar issues? Nothing happens when I tap the icon or long press the icon..

I basically want to sync contacts with facebook, so used syncmypics app to get the pic off fb.. but what could be the reason of not being able to add it?

Also, is there any contacts application that can display my contacts by either first name or nicknames? i.e I would like my mom to be mom, and not her full name..

Am a potential buyer. Have some questions...

1. Can Defy record 720p videos?
2. I am looking for a lag-free performance, will use internet. Can Defy provide?
Whats the latest Android version that can be installed?
Lastly, what Android phones did you considered or can be compared with Defy in this price range?
Thanks

Can Defy owners answer my query please .

i wish to ask , how is the call quality ?

The audible sound in earpiece while on call is loud and clear enough or not ?
Or do we need to press the phone a little towards the ear to hear the other person ?

and does the other person gets to hear our voice clearly ? without echo and distortion ?

How is the SQ in loudspeaker mode while playing songs / ringtones while phone is ringing .

Pls answer these queries of mine :)

Cloud-S said:
Am a potential buyer. Have some questions...

1. Can Defy record 720p videos?

2. I am looking for a lag-free performance, will use internet. Can Defy provide?

Whats the latest Android version that can be installed?

Lastly, what Android phones did you considered or can be compared with Defy in this price range?

Thanks
1.yes.u need to root and install custom/leaked 2.3 rom n apply d patch

2.install custom rom like miui or cm7 or wajkiui rom.its awesome.defy got a gud screen n resolution so browsing wont be a problem

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

digital_brain said:
my phone hangs a lot when i open g maps of g latitude! anyone else facing these issues? (I am on stock 2.2)
yeah stock2.2 sucks wit motoblur.

root n install miui/cm7

Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk

Back