The Motorola Defy Thread

Old news!!! There's nothing new that the Defy+ offers -- it runs at 1Ghz, the standard defy is underclocked to 800 Mhz, although with a CM7 Gingerbread 2.3.4 custom rom, it runs at 1ghz. The Defy+ comes with a stock gingerbread 2.3.3 rom and that too in september. Many people who own the defy here have been using gingerbread for over 3 months now.

In my captivate running CM7 nightly, the 100% battery shows for a few minutes before reducing to 99. Sometimes it stays in 100% for a 15 minutes and reduces to 98. But never reduces immediately after removing the charger.

Sorry if it is wrong to post this as this is Defy only thread.

aradhakr84 said:
In my captivate running CM7 nightly, the 100% battery shows for a few minutes before reducing to 99. Sometimes it stays in 100% for a 15 minutes and reduces to 98. But never reduces immediately after removing the charger.

Sorry if it is wrong to post this as this is Defy only thread.

Do a calibration. In my opinion, logically it cannot stay at 100 if it is not charging.

I want the default Motorola theme that came with the phone by default. I am using the default theme with CM7 rc1 v2. Can anyone link me to it?

Does the Defy gets hot within 20 mins of usage-talking/tethering,connecting to PC ? Read this on flipkart's reviews, wanted to confirm this with u guys.

Hey, got a few doubts..

1) Will I be able to flash Nordic from by current build of SEA froyo, as the build no is lower from mine.

2) Also, if I install clockworkmod, and take a Nand backup of the current state of the phone for backup, wont it be rooted? How does one claim warranty then? Flash a full Sbf and not a fixed one + Nandroid?

3) What would be the best nightly (cm7) to flash to? Looking for good battery and wifi.. Camera not to important although my device has the Bayer module.

Thanks

nimitbhardwaj said:
Does the Motorola Defy MB525 model contain a red lens or a green 1???

It depends on your luck.. The older devices would come with the green lens.. Some people have got red lens ones in the Jan manufactured batch, while some have got the green lens one from the April batch..

Btw, what maters more than the lens colour, is the module.. SOC or Bayer.. Red lens doesn't necessarily = Bayer module.. and vice-versa..

Spy king said:
Hey, got a few doubts..

1) Will I be able to flash Nordic from by current build of SEA froyo, as the build no is lower from mine.
2) Also, if I install clockworkmod, and take a Nand backup of the current state of the phone for backup, wont it be rooted? How does one claim warranty then? Flash a full Sbf and not a fixed one + Nandroid?
3) What would be the best nightly (cm7) to flash to? Looking for good battery and wifi.. Camera not to important although my device has the Bayer module.

Thanks

It depends on your luck.. The older devices would come with the green lens.. Some people have got red lens ones in the Jan manufactured batch, while some have got the green lens one from the April batch..

Btw, what maters more than the lens colour, is the module.. SOC or Bayer.. Red lens doesn't necessarily = Bayer module.. and vice-versa..

Have a red lens but how do I find out which module I have??

Spy king said:
be checking the log..
1. Install this free app. https://market.android.com/details?i...nlawson.logcat
2. Open the app
3. hit home
4. open camera
5. exit camera
6. open app
7. search "CameraCommon".
8. Either or :( OR :D

Credit to martin.flory from Xda

PS: killmastern3, some advice on doubts appriciated seeing your the veteran at defy Roms!

Cool!!! ""Detected Bayer Device"" :hap2::clap: . Thanks for the heads up mate!!!

To answer your questions,

1. I have done it. Flashed Indian Froyo, Flashed Nordic, Gone back to Indian so on..... I had the same initial doubts looking at the build no. But all seems to be fine, i am sure there are others here in TE who have done it too.
2. Just flash the full sbf. You dont need to do the Nandroid stuff. Please dont flash any of the 2.3.4 full SBF "ever" (i:e the leaked ones). You cant downgrade.
3. Flash the July 29 Boot179 nightly first and upgrade to a more recent version later on. I used July 29 Boot179 + July 31 Nightly for a couple of days and DAMN it was fast :clap:. Now in MIUI :p, I cant stay in a same ROM for more than a week.

NIGHTLY

killmastern3 said:
Cool!!! ""Detected Bayer Device"" :hap2::clap: . Thanks for the heads up mate!!!

To answer your questions,

1. I have done it. Flashed Indian Froyo, Flashed Nordic, Gone back to Indian so on..... I had the same initial doubts looking at the build no. But all seems to be fine, i am sure there are others here in TE who have done it too.
2. Just flash the full sbf. You dont need to do the Nandroid stuff. Please dont flash any of the 2.3.4 full SBF "ever" (i:e the leaked ones). You cant downgrade.
3. Flash the July 29 Boot179 nightly first and upgrade to a more recent version later on. I used July 29 Boot179 + July 31 Nightly for a couple of days and DAMN it was fast :clap:. Now in MIUI :p, I cant stay in a same ROM for more than a week.

NIGHTLY

Awesome! :)

Okay, Silly questions time.

Boot 179 or Boot SEA? From what I understand, 179 loads a CEE kernel or a Nordic one, while the SEA loads the SEA one? Any difference?

Procedure to flash is the same as in the FAQ? (First time ever!)
Root(SOC 2.1), 2ndInit Recovery Installer 1.4_2, then flash?
Gapps and then baseband switch?

its been close to 3 months of love with motorola. Now, I realise I need to upgrade my memory card fom puny 2 GB to 16 Gigs atleast. I have two questions

- What is the class of memory card I need to buy
- I already have the data on the memory card, will copying the data into the new card and swapping the same in the phone will work?

Thanks in anticipation of answers

Back