The Motorola Defy Thread

1.8.5 is a little faster or same as 1.7.15.

but in both the camera performance is a little weak in low light conditions.

Overall much better than 1.7.29. Quadrant score is around 2300 consistently which is very good.

ok guys am going to root my phone today. the phone is just a week old. Is it the right time to do it?

Have dled CM7 RC 2 2.3.4 ..am going with Nadroid + fixed sbf method ... unless anyone knows how to do it normally and still keep downgradabililty.

so was wondering ... since I am on 2.2.2 stock from Moto, do I have to still install the Nandroid backup or can I proceed with Fixed sbf directly? then move onto installing CM7... please let me know...

mrnikhilsudo said:
ok guys am going to root my phone today. the phone is just a week old. Is it the right time to do it?

Have dled CM7 RC 2 2.3.4 ..am going with Nadroid + fixed sbf method ... unless anyone knows how to do it normally and still keep downgradabililty.

so was wondering ... since I am on 2.2.2 stock from Moto, do I have to still install the Nandroid backup or can I proceed with Fixed sbf directly? then move onto installing CM7... please let me know...

You dont need the Nandroid stuff. Instructions in the OP. YOu can directly flash CM7 on the Indian Froyo or flash Nordic and then install over it.

Thx man ... so just to be clear.... I can directly flash the fixed sbf over my present indian froyo?

I have not idea why I am fretting over this. Maybe because its my first time on android..... have flashed various themes on my kp 500... and let me tell you that was more dangerous than any android

flashing will ever be. One mistake and permanent brick! so will try this tomorrow...... then maybe after that motoginger just ot get the feel of blur....have never seen it in action before. AFAIK, this fixed version of Froyo 2.2.2 is De-blured right.

mrnikhilsudo said:
Thx man ... so just to be clear.... I can directly flash the fixed sbf over my present indian froyo?

I have not idea why I am fretting over this. Maybe because its my first time on android..... have flashed various themes on my kp 500... and let me tell you that was more dangerous than any android

flashing will ever be. One mistake and permanent brick! so will try this tomorrow...... then maybe after that motoginger just ot get the feel of blur....have never seen it in action before. AFAIK, this fixed version of Froyo 2.2.2 is De-blured right.

Yes you can directly flash the full nordic sbf. I suggest you just flash CM7 over Indian Froyo, no need to flash Nordic. Also be careful before flashing the leaked Gingerbread ROM's.

killmastern3 said:
Yes you can directly flash the full nordic sbf. I suggest you just flash CM7 over Indian Froyo, no need to flash Nordic. Also be careful before flashing the leaked Gingerbread ROM's.

yup I will do that.... am going to directly flash CM 7 then the latest nightly. How do I maintain my "downgradability for warranty" if I ever need to?

and as for leaked GB roms..... those will have to be done only and only via the Nandroid + fixed sbf route...no shortcuts.

mrnikhilsudo said:
yup I will do that.... am going to directly flash CM 7 then the latest nightly. How do I maintain my "downgradability for warranty" if I ever need to?

and as for leaked GB roms..... those will have to be done only and only via the Nandroid + fixed sbf route...no shortcuts.

For warranty, jut flash the full Indian Froyo (link posted in OP). GB roms will have to be installed through Nandroid + fixed sbf route.

Guys,I have been using my defy for over a month now...

I have started getting this unsual problem,whenever i hear music it kinda automactically stops,starts agains or changes tracks...

Any1 experience such a thing ??

My Mic in the Moto headphones is also dead..though thats was my mistake :p

killmastern3 said:
For warranty, jut flash the full Indian Froyo (link posted in OP). GB roms will have to be installed through Nandroid + fixed sbf route.

thank you killmastern3 :) you cleared all my doubts. Am going to flash tonight and will post here about how it went...

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

the only reason I am gogn the cm7 way is because of the low battery life I am getting....

PS: Does anyone have a problem with WIfi on the 2.2.2 stock froyo?

I connected to an open wifi netweork today and it kept giving me a message"error in connection please try again" everytime I used the android market....

Dont know why but the connection showed up a connected and its strength was "good" and my widget showed a speed of 65Mbps so am wondering what is going on.

mrnikhilsudo said:
thank you killmastern3 :) you cleared all my doubts. Am going to flash tonight and will post here about how it went...

the only reason I am gogn the cm7 way is because of the low battery life I am getting....

PS: Does anyone have a problem with WIfi on the 2.2.2 stock froyo?

I connected to an open wifi netweork today and it kept giving me a message"error in connection please try again" everytime I used the android market....
Dont know why but the connection showed up a connected and its strength was "good" and my widget showed a speed of 65Mbps so am wondering what is going on.

Got the same problem with my docomo network. Guess there is done problem with the market.

Spy king said:
Check out MyBackup if you haven't rooted your phone.. If you've rooted, then look no further than Titanium Backup

I want to backup my current ROM so that i can flash it if anything goes wrong and offcourse for warranty purpose.

MyBackup seems to be app,contact back up app

Can anyone guide me on how to backup current ROM(stock froyo).

i haven't Rooted my phone and want to backup the ROM for warranty purpose.

don't direct me to First Page, nothing mentioned over there.

killmastern3 said:
Got the same problem with my docomo network. Guess there is done problem with the market.

nope no problem with market using data plan....Its only with Wifi. ITs connected and everything shows up, its just that nothing will load...

NDragger said:
I want to backup my current ROM so that i can flash it if anything goes wrong and offcourse for warranty purpose.

MyBackup seems to be app,contact back up app

Can anyone guide me on how to backup current ROM(stock froyo).

i haven't Rooted my phone and want to backup the ROM for warranty purpose.

don't direct me to First Page, nothing mentioned over there.

seriously I am not sure if there is anyway to backup your Full ROM. But yeah as the steps for flashing mentions, you can take a backup of your ROM but that will be a Nandroid backup.

you can however download the Full SBF of SEA 2.2.2 ROM ...from XDA ... that should work for warranty purposes

Back