The Motorola Defy Thread

^^ what do u mean upgrade my sim ?

I am on stock froyo , i hardly get back up of 20 someting hours on a full recharge but with a lil heavy usage.

Also can someone tell me how much can i expect to buy Mtorockr SD9 hd bluetooth headset? On ebay it shows 3000, thats just way too much.

sunny27 said:
^^^ Don't know what you are talking about. Have been on CM7 RC1 since the last 40 days since I bought my phone. No worries, no restarts, no resetting of downloads, no wifi/edge troubles, great battery life and amazing performance overall.
I recently bought my defy which comes with Froyo 2.2.2. As i am a first time user of android, i dont know how to install cm7 on my defy. As you have successfully install it, Please tell me the steps you have initiated. I have red many tutorials on xda and techenclave but they are very confusing. I want to install cm7 1.5. In the cm7 tutorial it is written that you have to flash froyo before installing cm7. since my defy already comes with froyo then what should i do?

govinda123 said:
I recently bought my defy which comes with Froyo 2.2.2. As i am a first time user of android, i dont know how to install cm7 on my defy. As you have successfully install it, Please tell me the steps you have initiated. I have red many tutorials on xda and techenclave but they are very confusing. I want to install cm7 1.5. In the cm7 tutorial it is written that you have to flash froyo before installing cm7. since my defy already comes with froyo then what should i do?

Instructions in the OP. Just follow it to the letter, you will have cm7 installed. The Froyo mentioned is the Nordic one which needs to be used as the base. Links in the OP.

govinda123 said:

This is the step by step method to install CM7 on Motorola Defy:-

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/the-motorola-defy-thread-191764-13.html#post1893472

This is to find out if you have a Red or green lens based camera:-

http://www.techenclave.com/mobile-phones/the-motorola-defy-thread-191764-13.html#post1892055

RSD lite is not able to detect my phone :( -- now its done...before flashing,, i have rooted the phone and installed defy2nit..now after flashing,,phone is in emergency mode,,airtel is not showing in the list

sunny27 said:
^change data cable
i removed some usb devices and connected the phone while switch on,,rds lite detected the phone and flashed it (without going to the bootmenu),,after that phone restarted in normal mod automatically ..before flashing, i have rooted the phone and installed defy2nit..now after flashing superuser icon was not there in the program list,so i rooted again,,now phone is in emergency mode,,airtel is not showing in the list ,even when i am searching other service provider like vodafone,spice,idea,reliance are in the list but not airtel,,the same sim is working fine in my old nokia..I am not able to bring the boot menu while holding down the power+vol+ button- it brings some info but not the boot menu

satyanjoy said:
i removed some usb devices and connected the phone while switch on,,rds lite detected the phone and flashed it (without going to the bootmenu),,after that phone restarted in normal mod automatically ..before flashing, i have rooted the phone and installed defy2nit..now after flashing superuser icon was not there in the program list,so i rooted again,,now phone is in emergency mode,,airtel is not showing in the list ,even when i am searching other service provider like vodafone,spice,idea,reliance are in the list but not airtel,,the same sim is working fine in my old nokia..I am not able to bring the boot menu while holding down the power+vol+ button- it brings some info but not the boot menu

Get yourself the latest baseband switcher. Go to XDAdevelopers.com and check the latest basebandswitcher for the Motorola Defy.

sunny27 said:
Get yourself the latest baseband switcher. Go to XDAdevelopers.com and check the latest basebandswitcher for the Motorola Defy.

I reinserted the sim here in office and its working perfectly,,i make one call- no problem so far.I am trying to install Defy 2init but taking lots of time at 2g,,i will go home and try in Wi-fi (if it works)

As for the baseband switcher I find this XDA thread,,for India -- >
"Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, India, South Africa RT SEA15 3.4.3-331 @ 900/2100MHz"
..there is own zip file to download - bbsV4mlV0.7 (latest one) and bbsV3.1mlV0.1.zip ..How to use this application - do i need to connect my Defy by usb to my pc ??

Do you guys facing problem in Wi-Fi? When i first the got the phone, I was not able to connect to my airtel wi-fi,it stuck at obataining ip after giving the password,later on i restarted the phone without simcard and it worked..after that it was working flawlessly until I flashed it with RDS lite,i tried to connect with wi-fi, with or without simcard,even with aeroplane mode- not working

satyanjoy said:
I reinserted the sim here in office and its working perfectly,,i make one call- no problem so far.I am trying to install Defy 2init but taking lots of time at 2g,,i will go home and try in Wi-fi (if it works)

As for the baseband switcher I find this XDA thread,,for India -- >..there is own zip file to download - bbsV4mlV0.7 (latest one) and bbsV3.1mlV0.1.zip ..How to use this application - do i need to connect my Defy by usb to my pc ??

Do you guys facing problem in Wi-Fi? When i first the got the phone, I was not able to connect to my airtel wi-fi,it stuck at obataining ip after giving the password,later on i restarted the phone without simcard and it worked..after that it was working flawlessly until I flashed it with RDS lite,i tried to connect with wi-fi, with or without simcard,even with aeroplane mode- not working

Which ROM are you on??

Hey..need a quick help on my query..i have preinstalled 2.2.2 out of box (india)..can I flash cm7 directly or do I have to flash that nordic version first?

killmastern3 said:
Which ROM are you on??

CM7, as mentioned in the 20 steps list prepared by sunny27,, here is the link - [DEV][ROM] CyanogenMod 7 (Android 2.3.4) - xda-developers,,but the problem is - i am yet to install the rom,,right now i have done the following- flashed using rds lite,rooted the devices,putted Cm7 and google app zip in the memory card. i am not able to get the bootmenu,,after installing the @ndinitrecovery

//finaly CM7 rc1 installed..as well well,loving it,,guys don' take backup using apps like Titanium backup - in my case I got ****edup and phone constantly hammering me with "phone.android process stopped working" force kill window-- need to reinstall again,,google synce all of the apps for me (not the data)

I tried CM7 but didn't like it the user interface is a bit laggy... Switched back to WajkIUI 1.8.9 and just loving the smooth user interface...

Hades. said:
I tried CM7 but didn't like it the user interface is a bit laggy... Switched back to WajkIUI 1.8.9 and just loving the smooth user interface...

problem is the ADW launcher..install launcher pro from market for smoothness..

Hades. said:
^^the default one... :)

For CM7 the default one is ADW launcher. CM7 is no way slow. It is super fast. There may some issue with the version you installed. You could try the new RC1.5 or may be a new launcher like launcher Pro.

I am on 0822 boot179-4 Nightly and it is stable and fast.

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

satyanjoy said:
how to install swype keyboard in cm7?

I dont know if this is the correct method or any other way is there but this is how I installed.

First created a beta account @ swype.
Next downloaded the swype installer
the installer then downloads and installs swype beta
just follow few instructions from installer in between and have free swype

--- Updated Post - Automerged ---

nimitbhardwaj said:
Hey guys....
Couple of questions....
Is it safe to OC to 1.2Ghz ??
And i ve heard of Chainfire 3d...How to use it??
It is safe for short periods of time. also the battery will drain quickly. Not recommended for 24 x 7

Back