The Nokia 5230 / 5233 Thread

guys just updated to v20.

mine seems to be hanging a lot..

have to resort to removing batteries to make it come back to working condition.

is anyone experiencing this

Srirama said:
guys just updated to v20.
mine seems to be hanging a lot..
have to resort to removing batteries to make it come back to working condition.
is anyone experiencing this
I had to unload excessive applications installed on the memory card, after that it didnt hang.

Srirama said:
guys is this because of my new 8 gb micro sd ?
The web browser seems to have improved a lot :)

Is it a Class 2 card? , if yes then its surely the problem , i myself use a 4GB class 4 card, when i faced such problem in sandisk class 2 card.

yes,its a class 2 card alright!
the loudspeaker has improved a lot,i see much more noticable volume gain on my 5230.
in a nutshell,it works great.

But hack is not working :(

EDIT:
hacks working :) :D yipeee

nothing great!

tried installing hello X2 a couple of times.

It worked after a couple times.

A rompatcher will get installed.

Go to rompatcher,in both of the listed options.

goto options->patch->auto patch

You're done! :)

got a wierd bug while opening menu..
all the icons seem to open ib miniature then suddenly zoom out to full size
is anyone else experiencing this?

Performance of my 5233 is pretty slow. I just got it 2 weeks back, and installed some 'offscreen applications' along with music player and some games. I have a 8 gb card (which has 5 gb free data) but the speed does not seems to be upto the mark. Any suggestion what needs to be done.

Are the applications to be blamed for this, any utility that you guys would recommend.

Also can someone please explain what does the below means for the memory:

RAM_capacity: 128 MiB

ROM_capacity: 256 MiB (accessible: 70 MiB)

I have a memory booster utility but it shows only 9-10% free ram anytime. Please help.

Is there any alternate torrent client for 5230 except symtorrent ? I am not sure if it exists or not. Actually symtorrent is banned by IPT and hence i need some other client.

One more query, which GPS application do you guys use and feel is the best of the lot. I use Google maps for better detailing and when i have absolutely no clue about the destination and rout, i use Garmin XT since it has voice navigation (so i can ride my bike with one earpiece hooked on) and recalculating the route also which helps a lot.

But i also saw applications like Ndrive, Map my India, Sygic etc. Anyone tried any of these ??

Back